Could DC beat ‘Prime Fedor’

Watch the fight not wiki, he lands a liver kick that puts Fujita down and follows up with the choke.

tumblr_necegbhZgc1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Hook to the jaw. The kick opened his defense more to help set it up.

Lol the Fyodor love is strong in this forum.. saying he would 'easily' beat DC. Honestly, DC aint no Gary Goodrige nor Zuluzinho.

I see it being a competitive fight.
Theres a reason they called DC the black fedor.

Prime Fedor, even at his unkillable cyborg peak, would have struggled against an elite wrestler with good hands and cardio. DC would also be able to match Fedor at what I believed to have been his greatest asset back in the glory days: speed. Fedor never dealt with anyone remotely possessing DC’s skill set.

Cage with modern rules: Pretty easily actually. He could grind Fedor out and win a 50-45 UD.

Ring with PRIDE rules: This will be tougher, and I don't know who to pick. DC will get him down and keep him there, but Fedor could sub anybody. And on the feet he had ridiculous power. A few MMA fighters have said that he was the hardest puncher they ever felt. I'd still favor DC.

He would absolutely batter Fedor.

Being “top level” in those days is a completely different entity to being top level in 2018.

It’s like asking a 60s football team to play a football (or NFL) team now, the level of training, availability of nutrition / conditioning information and the science underlying it all is completely evolved.

The guys now are streets ahead of the guys then.

So evolved that Ngannou, Black Beast, and Mark Hunt are 3 of the top 7 heavyweights lol.

So evolved that Arlovski was one win away from a title shot.

So evolved that DC can't even throw a kick.....

<36>

lol. it's the left hook to the jaw. i watched the fight to confirm before posting.

Disagree.

The liver shot shut his body down.

The left hook shut his brain down.

He was done either way.

No ducking? He avoided all the top talent by avoiding the UFC, christ he fought Hong Man Choi and mamy other mugs rather than fight in the UFC.

Soooooooooooo he ducked Arlovski, Timmy, Buentello and Cabbage?

2f64cd1cc35f3f79826a28d6473aad43d17c1d1b056026a9fb96d6bc8c6669b1.jpg

Disagree.

The liver shot shut his body down.

The left hook shut his brain down.

He was done either way.
if you're body is shut down your body shuts down. it doesn't continue to fight for position instead of covering up. he shows no indication of being shut down.

if you're body is shut down your body shuts down. it doesn't continue to fight for position instead of covering up. he shows no indication of being shut down.

20Minuten-670x372.jpg

Finally a sensible post...as the sport evolves there will always be someone new to eclipse the greats of said generation....I think if Cormier slams Fedor like Randleman did, he finished him soon after with a sub

If you think the HW division now is good....that goes to show you sincerely did not watch MMA during PRIDE. The HW division now is utter garbage.

Christ look at Ngannou and how "well-rounded" he is.

EDIT: As for the "Fedor ducked the UFC" comments....Fedor was fighting in PRIDE which was much better than the UFC during Fedor's prime. The UFC had Arlovski, Sylvia, Couture, and Gonzaga. Fedor skullfucked 2 of those guys.

He would absolutely batter Fedor.

Being “top level” in those days is a completely different entity to being top level in 2018.

It’s like asking a 60s football team to play a football (or NFL) team now, the level of training, availability of nutrition / conditioning information and the science underlying it all is completely evolved.

The guys now are streets ahead of the guys then.

Ummmm no.

Evolution believer are pathetic.

-Explain why Ngannou (Zero ground game/ What is Jew Jiutsu? and Cardio for 1 and half round) just fought for the title vs a Fireman???

-Explain How Mark Hunt still Top HW. When back in PRIDE he was a Kick-Boxer and now is just a Slow Boxer who barely kick.

-Maia run through WW division fighting like Royce Grace.

Back on Topic, PRIME Fedor Beat Cormier standing by Ko, or by sub if the fight go to the ground..

Prime Fedor was undefeated. I don't see that changing with DC added to the picture.

DC isn't this god level wrestler in MMA. Jon Jones and Alex handled him quite well.

I think he would have a decent shot at it but I would see Fedor being too versatile and would ultimately prevail.

What’s your thoughts?
I think it is a ridiculous thought.

They both trained on a completely different eras of MMA.
Fedor fought when most people were not well rounded fighters.
If DC fought during haydays of Pride, he would be a pure wrestler. Andhe would probably lose to Fedor who was very well rounded "for that time".

But if Fedor would fight on today's day, DC can mop the floor with Fedor.
That could be because of the rule changes, fighting inside an octagon (instead of a ring) and many other differences that Fedor obviously did not adapt well to.
But mainly because DC is now a complete fighter while time caught up with Fedor.

So to answer your question, it is almost impossible to know, as there are too many variables to consider.
That's why I don't like those comparisons. it will ALWAYS be unfair to someone.

you think randleman trained grappling at the same level dc has been training for years? they're not even close.

You think DC was ever the freak of nature that Randleman was? You gotta be high.

hPeXRi3.gif

What a bunch of Fedor hating pieces of loser shit in this thread.

So DC couldnt beat Frank Mir or a 40 year old Anderson "easily" but hes going to beat a prime Fedor easily?

I spit on you fucking losers for dumbing down a place where people should go to get knowledge on MMA.

giphy.gif

You think DC was ever the freak of nature that Randleman was? You gotta be high.

hPeXRi3.gif
I didn’t mention freak of nature. I mentioned grappling. Roided randleman was more of freak of nature than fedor or dc and a lot worse at fighting and grappling.

I didn’t mention freak of nature. I mentioned grappling. Roided randleman was more of freak of nature than fedor or dc and a lot worse at fighting and grappling.

I'm sorry I just don't see an out for DC. He isn't going to top control a Sambo world champion and he isn't going to KO prime Fedor.

Back