Conor's Punching Power Is So Overrated

Conor has power and can bang. But to say that he has a solid chance of beating Mayweather because he has power is ridiculous because basically what that is implying is that he can hit harder than Canelo, Maidana, Cotto, Pacquiao and even Shane Mosley.

It took 500 knock downs for him to than finally finish Alvarez after the 4 punch combo only for the ref to end it by TKO.

Yet he dropped Nate Diaz multiple times but not enough to score a knock out while Nate was able to recover and come back to give it a close fight for the next 4 rounds.

Now keep in mind all of this is with four ounce gloves.

Again I am not saying Conor cannot bang. Dude can hit. But his power has been hyped up as if he is the hardest hitting combat sports athlete of all timer since Ernie Shavers.

Wrong forum

Someone posted a video of someone who sparred with Conor and other top boxers and they said he doesn't hit nearly as hard as boxers do, because they know how to put their weight behind their punches. Also his footwork is undeveloped. He's 0-0. If he went into boxing and tried to go through the ranks, he probably wouldn't make top 50 and wouldn't KO anybody. Floyd is going to destroy him.

Conor has power and can bang. But to say that he has a solid chance of beating Mayweather because he has power is ridiculous because basically what that is implying is that he can hit harder than Canelo, Maidana, Cotto, Pacquiao and even Shane Mosley.

It took 500 knock downs for him to than finally finish Alvarez after the 4 punch combo only for the ref to end it by TKO.

Yet he dropped Nate Diaz multiple times but not enough to score a knock out while Nate was able to recover and come back to give it a close fight for the next 4 rounds.

Again I am not saying Conor cannot bang. Dude can hit. But his power has been hyped up as if he is the hardest hitting combat sports athlete of all timer since Ernie Shavers.

Power is overrated. Timing and accuracy are more important, and Conor is a master at that.

Someone posted a video of someone who sparred with Conor and other top boxers and they said he doesn't hit nearly as hard as boxers do, because they know how to put their weight behind their punches. Also his footwork is undeveloped. He's 0-0. If he went into boxing and tried to go through the ranks, he probably wouldn't make top 50 and wouldn't KO anybody. Floyd is going to destroy him.

Floyd doesn't destroy anyone. He's the Jake Shields of boxing.

Yeah, he's a big puncher for sure but the issue with Mayweather is landing anything cleanly. We saw Mosley rock him pretty good, but dude's defense is always on point.

And if Mosley hit all the guys Conor TKO'd with as clean punches, they'd ALL be asleep!

Conor does NOT hit anywhere as hard as Mosley did.

Hahahahaha what a cluster of a thread devolving into hilarious flames.

McGregor's power is about the only thing you can't take away from him as a fighter yet here we are. You guys are so upset lol.

Now that I think about it his Irishness is over-rated too.

Floyd doesn't destroy anyone. He's the Jake Shields of boxing.

Be careful, man. Say this now, but if Floyd ends up standing over an unconscious Conor (and realistically, that's the most likely outcome to this fight - it's unlikely to go 12 rounds) many in here will be backpedaling on Floyd's power. Guys who have fought Floyd all respected his shots. He keeps legit guys off of him by making sure they respect the fact that they can get hurt. Conor would not get those same guys to respect his power as easily.

Ppl say Floyd doesn't hit hard but his opponents would just walk him down if he didn't. They have all respected his punches, so he must hit hard enough. He's gotten a clear winning style down and he sticks to it but remember he has KO'd a BUNCH of boxers (more than half of his wins were KO's against legit boxers). Conor can't do that. I like Conor but he cannot KO the men Floyd has KO'd.

I don't think Conor has a clue what's going to hit him, tbh. May hits hard enough to rock, stumble, drop and KO an exhausted Conor who isn't used to this kind of punching output and movement over 36 minutes.

At some point he's likely to go down. And Sherdog will revise their statements on May's power and finishing ability.

And if Mosley hit all the guys Conor TKO'd with as clean punches, they'd ALL be asleep!

Conor does NOT hit anywhere as hard as Mosley did.
Mosley didnt have the same power as he went up to 147.

Be careful, man. Say this now, but if Floyd ends up standing over an unconscious Conor (and realistically, that's the most likely outcome to this fight - it's unlikely to go 12 rounds) many in here will be backpedaling on Floyd's power. Guys who have fought Floyd all respected his shots. He keeps legit guys off of him by making sure they respect the fact that they can get hurt. Conor would not get those same guys to respect his power as easily.

Ppl say Floyd doesn't hit hard but his opponents would just walk him down if he didn't. They have all respected his punches, so he must hit hard enough. He's gotten a clear winning style down and he sticks to it but remember he has KO'd a BUNCH of boxers (more than half of his wins were KO's against legit boxers). Conor can't do that. I like Conor but he cannot KO the men Floyd has KO'd.

I don't think Conor has a clue what's going to hit him, tbh. May hits hard enough to rock, stumble, drop and KO an exhausted Conor who isn't used to this kind of punching output and movement over 36 minutes.

At some point he's likely to go down. And Sherdog will revise their statements on May's power and finishing ability.
Floyd hasn't had a clean ko (when his opponent was looking) in a long time and had more power when he was at a lower weight.

You are fishing for straws at this point just so you can feel that you won an online argument and therefore you can celebrate with your blow up dolls in your mom's basement.

I bought those up as examples.

Seriously go get laid with your mom's allowance money.

lol @ fishing for straws

sorry...continue

that's not how it works.

Does Jones hit harder than Rumble?

Because Rumble couldn't finish Cormier while Jones did.

Someone who hits weaker but CAN hit you from an angle/strike that you don't expect is enough.

Back