Conor's Punching Power Is So Overrated

Since 1/1/17, @Hardkore has posted in 93% of threads with 'conor' or 'mcgregor' in the title. That's a staggering level of obsession. By comparison, myself, an admitted McGregor fan, have posted in 9% of said threads. It's really unhealthy

Conor has power and can bang. But to say that he has a solid chance of beating Mayweather because he has power is ridiculous because basically what that is implying is that he can hit harder than Canelo, Maidana, Cotto, Pacquiao and even Shane Mosley.

It took 500 knock downs for him to than finally finish Alvarez after the 4 punch combo only for the ref to end it by TKO.

Yet he dropped Nate Diaz multiple times but not enough to score a knock out while Nate was able to recover and come back to give it a close fight for the next 4 rounds.

Now keep in mind all of this is with four ounce gloves.

Again I am not saying Conor cannot bang. Dude can hit. But his power has been hyped up as if he is the hardest hitting combat sports athlete of all timer since Ernie Shavers.
Agreed. I really like Conor. Personality and fighting style. And he's super accurate with his shots and he plays with the speed they hit at so he seems way more powerful than he is.

But the only one punch KO I've seen him execute was Aldo who was rushing in full speed and strongly contributed.

He's punched a ton of guys with full power in 4oz gloves and not KO'd any of them except Aldo. I can't believe he could KO a boxer who is far more skilled at rolling with punches and who has a way more tested chin than MMA fighters in general.

MMA fighters in general don't have the best chins because many of them are grapplers who have no proven ability or skill at taking punches. So by and large, boxers, who MUST take and give punches in huge numbers all career long, can't really have weak chins and be successful like MMA guys can.

If Conor can't KO MMA guys in 4oz, I don't expect to see him KO'ing many boxers with 10, 12 oz gloves. It doesn't make sense.

He hit Paulie square on the chin with his left at full force and only staggered him. I wouldn't expect him to be KO'ing any boxers, tbh, at any point in his career. MUCH LESS Floyd, the best defensive boxer alive, who might not even get hit cleanly once. If he does get hit cleanly, he won't be KO'd!

But that sells tickets.

Big ups to Conor for testing himself and making a cool 100 mill while he's at it. Props. But he'll get KO'd almost certainly. How could he not? He can't avoid the KO over 12 rounds at Floyd's pace. Floyd will work his body, confuse him with feints, tire him out, have him second guessing himself and then KO him.

And I'll still be a Conor fan. And he'll be RICH!

We will see how well Floyd absorbs Conor's punches.

Probably not tbh. More likely see how well he avoids them. But if he absorbs any, he won't get KO'd! It's silly talk.

Its the UFC Forum and Conor is a UFC fighter. You inbred idiot.

"But to say that he has a solid chance of beating Mayweather because he has power is ridiculous because basically what that is implying is that he can hit harder than Canelo, Maidana, Cotto, Pacquiao and even Shane Mosley."

Then don't bring up a debate about May-Mac, retarded idiot.

Its always been overrated, hes timing defenseless guys in MMA with 4oz gloves. Its all just the timing not the power. He hits ok.

In boxing though, he has average or below average power, not nearly enough to even have a punchers chance against floyd. Hes really deluded if he thinks one shot will KO mayweather and i hope he does get to land clean once to see how deluded he really is. He just has ok power like paulie said.

In less words, you said it better than me. Thx.

Conor has power and can bang. But to say that he has a solid chance of beating Mayweather because he has power is ridiculous because basically what that is implying is that he can hit harder than Canelo, Maidana, Cotto, Pacquiao and even Shane Mosley.

It took 500 knock downs for him to than finally finish Alvarez after the 4 punch combo only for the ref to end it by TKO.

Yet he dropped Nate Diaz multiple times but not enough to score a knock out while Nate was able to recover and come back to give it a close fight for the next 4 rounds.

Now keep in mind all of this is with four ounce gloves.

Again I am not saying Conor cannot bang. Dude can hit. But his power has been hyped up as if he is the hardest hitting combat sports athlete of all timer since Ernie Shavers.
It took many punches for Mendes & Siver to go down. Holloway took many clean shots from Conor and was still standing. Conor is no 1 punch KO-artist a la Mark Hunt or something, you can go on to McGregors Sherdog fight record and look at the stats.

Paulie Malignaggi has been honest and said it was respectable power but nothing compared to the harder punchers within boxing

It took many punches for Mendes & Siver to go down. Holloway took many clean shots frm Conor and was still standing. Conor is no 1 punch KO-artist a la Mark Hunt or something, you can go on to McGregors Sherdog fight record and look at the stats.

Paulie Malignaggi has been honest and said it was respectable power but nothing compared to the harder punchers within boxing

Yep. He's no Hunt, Rumble, Ngannou.... he has great accuracy and timing and so seems like a strong puncher but his punches are really not shockingly powerful or anything. They catch ppl unawares and stun them though.

Since 1/1/17, @Hardkore has posted in 93% of threads with 'conor' or 'mcgregor' in the title. That's a staggering level of obsession. By comparison, myself, an admitted McGregor fan, have posted in 9% of said threads. It's really unhealthy

I'm the anti-groupie

Well, his best clean left didn't drop Paulie...

Good luck dropping Floyd.

I agree

And I feel like he's a nick Diaz style pepper Lob cumulative style
puncher which obviously gasses him

Not the style to exploit mayweather

Like judah laser quick

Or Madiana who has a 800 punches a fight ability

He doesn't have Volkan snap-lights_out level KO power but he is also smaller.

"But to say that he has a solid chance of beating Mayweather because he has power is ridiculous because basically what that is implying is that he can hit harder than Canelo, Maidana, Cotto, Pacquiao and even Shane Mosley."

Then don't bring up a debate about May-Mac, retarded idiot.

You are reaching for straws at this point just so you can feel that you won an online argument and therefore you can celebrate with your blow up dolls in your mom's basement.

I bought those up as examples.

Seriously go get laid with your mom's allowance money.

Last edited:
You are fishing for straws at this point just so you can feel that you won an online argument and therefore you can celebrate with your blow up dolls in your mom's basement.

I bought those up as examples.

Seriously go get laid with your mom's allowance money.
You're in denial. You initially brought up this thread with reference to May-Mac, probably realized it was in the wrong thread, but your ego kicked in when someone called you out on it, and you're trying to play it off as it being legitimate since Conor is a "UFC fighter".

Then what's the point of May-Mc Thread? Mcgregor is a UFC fighter there too?

Maybe start using your brain; it's not just a decorative thing inside your skull.

Another thing is Floyd has been rocked a couple times and knows how to survive. Even if Conor did drop him, there is a count and Mayweather would have a few seconds to recover and then would just clinch and get on his bike until he was fully recovered. Conor would need to one punch KO Floyd to win this fight and I don't think he has that kind of power.

Yeah, he's a big puncher for sure but the issue with Mayweather is landing anything cleanly. We saw Mosley rock him pretty good, but dude's defense is always on point.

You're in denial. You initially brought up this thread with reference to May-Mac, probably realized it was in the wrong thread, but your ego kicked in when someone called you out on it, and you're trying to play it off as it being legitimate since Conor is a "UFC fighter".

Then what's the point of May-Mc Thread? Mcgregor is a UFC fighter there too?

Maybe start using your brain; it's not just a decorative thing inside your skull.

Dude who gives a fuck?

It has not been move so deal with it.

Holy shit are you basement dwelling virgins really that miserable?

Over 200 significant strikes against Diaz in both fights, and Diaz just smiled, and kept coming forward to fuck him up.

The limit to be considered a power puncher is 180 strikes, if you can´t KO a guy with 180 strikes, you´re not a power puncher.

Back