Conor's Punching Power Is So Overrated

that's not how it works.

Does Jones hit harder than Rumble?

Because Rumble couldn't finish Cormier while Jones did.

Someone who hits weaker but CAN hit you from an angle/strike that you don't expect is enough.

Bad analogy. Jones caught Cormier with the shin of his leg ala a head kick due to knowing that Cormier would shift his head towards his left.

Jones would never had knock Cormier out with a punch, which is what we are talking about here. Rumble obviously would have.

I agree about the angle part, but that will not be the case against Mayweather.

Floyd hasn't had a clean ko (when his opponent was looking) in a long time and had more power when he was at a lower weight.
Fair enough. Those were legit boxers. Conor is not.

And Nate rocked Conor with a lazy 1, 2.

There is no way Conor survives 12 rounds with any active top boxer.

If Floyd could KO 20-something boxers he can def KO Conor. Conor's chin is NOT suitable for a pro boxing career.

I repeat he got rocked by a lazy 1, 2 from Nate and panic wrestled. Floyd is going to hit him harder and waaaaay more than Nate!

Mosley didnt have the same power as he went up to 147.

And Conor NEVER had that power at any weight or at any time! I would bet Mosley hits harder today, in retirement, than Conor does.

Mosley's KO'd boxers. Conor hasn't seemed like he can knock down a boxer much less KO one.

If he is winging a shot then maybe he hits harder than some of the guys Floyd has face as he a naturally bigger guy.

But it is the application of that power against high level fighters and he has not shown that - that clip with Paulie was ridiculous. The best he could do was a pushdown/knockdown against an old, retied and off balance Paulie.

Ask yourself what Oscar, Shane, Canelo would to do Paulie if they went at him like conor did.

And just to reiterate this hyperbole of conor's so called touch of death - someone's who's been in with him.

To be fair, Mosley's compeu
Floyd hasn't had a clean ko (when his opponent was looking) in a long time and had more power when he was at a lower weight.

Has Mayweather changed his style to be more elusive and on his toes as he fought at a higher weight class.

He still has power. He just decided not to apply it as much.

Conor's road to victory requires him to land that power. It's very possible. In fact, I am counting on it.

Even if he doesn't get the knock out, but just rings Floyd's bell several times... it could change the coarse of the fight to Conor's favor.

The examples of past heavy punchers not being able to KO Floyd may be dated now that Floyd is 40 & retired. Just saying... it will make a difference. Even people who feel Floyd still has enough to beat Conor, they really can't argue that Floyd's age will make a difference. Floyd himself has said that. So we will see.

Stick with fighting long enough & anyone's chin can give at some point. Yes, its true that Floyd's defense keeps him from getting hit a lot... but he still gets hit. Anywayz.... we'll soon see what's up.

The look on his opponents faces after getting hit the first time says differently.

If he is winging a shot then maybe he hits harder than some of the guys Floyd has face as he a naturally bigger guy.

But it is the application of that power against high level fighters and he has not shown that - that clip with Paulie was ridiculous. The best he could do was a pushdown/knockdown against an old, retied and off balance Paulie.

Ask yourself what Oscar, Shane, Canelo would to do Paulie if they went at him like conor did.

And just to reiterate this hyperbole of conor's so called touch of death - someone's who's been in with him.

Dude was likely wearing head gear sparring with Conor. He's comparing to actual fights witout headgear right?

There ain't a man alive who can take that left hand!

Holy fuck. Most of us give conor a slim chance on catching Floyd during the beginning of the fight, especially before Floyd has his rhythm and distance down (1-2 round imo then its over). Conor's not winging shots, his power comes from his timing.

His left is just deceivingly rangy/poweful cause he has fast hips, long reach, and overextends into it usually. He's able to do it without getting countered hard because his timing and accuracy are top notch.

Your doing boxers math just like mma math

It's never been about power with Conor, but the crazy accuracy and timing. He hits people right in the button and he puts a lot of energy into punches. That's about it.

Holy fuck. Most of us give conor a slim chance on catching Floyd during the beginning of the fight, especially before Floyd has his rhythm and distance down (1-2 round imo then its over). Conor's not winging shots, his power comes from his timing.

His left is just deceivingly rangy/poweful cause he has fast hips, long reach, and overextends into it usually. He's able to do it without getting countered hard because his timing and accuracy are top notch.

Your doing boxers math just like mma math
Naw, its right there - chris said it best and it fairly well known.

Conor is a bum version of Ricardo Mayorga - and that is being generous to conor and disrespectful to Ricardo.

He has no touch of death and his power comes from guys who come at him in a straight line not doubling and tripling up on the jab.

Outside of Jose which elite fighter has he straight up ko'd? And I mean elite fighter not the bums he was fighting in the UK.

Exactly.

It's never been about power with Conor, but the crazy accuracy and timing. He hits people right in the button and he puts a lot of energy into punches. That's about it.
When they come at him in a straight line not using a jab.

Which won't do.

Naw, its right there - chris said it best and it fairly well known.

Conor is a bum version of Ricardo Mayorga - and that is being generous to conor and disrespectful to Ricardo.

He has no touch of death and his power comes from guys who come at him in a straight line not doubling and tripling up on the jab.

Outside of Jose which elite fighter has he straight up ko'd? And I mean elite fighter not the bums he was fighting in the UK.

Exactly.
I never said anything about angles. I just brought up his timing/accuracy are great, and why his left catches people when they don't expect it. I don't think he's going to win, his ONLY chances are in that feel out period, however short that is lol.

Regardless what happened conor has landed that left clean on everybody he's fought/sparred. This is just a fun matchup, people taking this shit too serious.

Hahahahaha what a cluster of a thread devolving into hilarious flames.

McGregor's power is about the only thing you can't take away from him as a fighter yet here we are. You guys are so upset lol.

The only thing?

Bad analogy. Jones caught Cormier with the shin of his leg ala a head kick due to knowing that Cormier would shift his head towards his left.

Jones would never had knock Cormier out with a punch, which is what we are talking about here. Rumble obviously would have.

I agree about the angle part, but that will not be the case against Mayweather.

Shin . Knuckles ... who cares.

Jones throws his kicks with good power.

Not everyones head kick would have KO'd Cormier.

Back