Conor's not defending against tony and Instead fighting the greatest boxer of our generation

The division has been held up for what. 8 months so far? To watch the most interesting spectacle we'll get in potentially a life time. I can't wait to see Mcgregor try to fight money mayweather and end up in the ring with pretty boy Floyd

There is nothing even remotely interesting about Mayweather vs McGregor.

As an MMA fan, you should be embarrassed for this blatant money grab that does absolutely nothing for the sport of MMA or MMA fighters.

Only in MMA would "fans" defend a fighter who denies us the right to see meaningful title fights and instead chooses to piss away his best years in clown-matches against non-top tier opponents in an inconsequential weighclass and retired athletes from other sports.

This is why MMA is shit.

Dumb as fuck fans who aren't bright enough to demand a quality product.

Who are you to tell fans what they should and shouldn't enjoy. MMA was FOUNDED on the concept of fighters from different backgrounds matching up to see how they stack up. This fight is right in that wheelhouse. It has also been a "spectacle" for most of its existence and fans are paying their money to be entertained, so they should get what they want to see. The fans have spoken and they want to see this... if you don't like it, don't watch.

Personally I would rather watch a freak show and the lead up to it than a fight with any of the top contenders in MMA who just want to wrestlefuck someone to a UD.

I'll still be excited to watch Ferguson put on a show against whoever the UFC decides to match him up against. Why does it have to be Conor? This way we get 3 interesting fights to watch instead of 1.

As an MMA fan, you should be embarrassed for this blatant money grab that does absolutely nothing for the sport of MMA or MMA fighters.

As a human being, you should be embarrassed for putting labels on yourself and expecting other people to conform to your ideals about combat sports.

Who are you to tell fans what they should and shouldn't enjoy. MMA was FOUNDED on the concept of fighters from different backgrounds matching up to see how they stack up. This fight is right in that wheelhouse. It has also been a "spectacle" for most of its existence and fans are paying their money to be entertained, so they should get what they want to see. The fans have spoken and they want to see this... if you don't like it, don't watch.

Personally I would rather watch a freak show and the lead up to it than a fight with any of the top contenders in MMA who just want to wrestlefuck someone to a UD.

I'll still be excited to watch Ferguson put on a show against whoever the UFC decides to match him up against. Why does it have to be Conor? This way we get 3 interesting fights to watch instead of 1.

so many noobs and supposed "hardcore" fans seem to forget that this is the ROOT of MMA. Just like how they claim to hate pro wrestling.. which is also a root of MMA

100 M dollars said Conor made the right choice facing Mayweather. Win or lose- i doubt he ever steps foot in the UFC again. Ferguson should be given an interim LW title fight.

It's only a blatant money grab if Conor is going in there with every intention of just cashing a check and losing (like Pacquiao did when he fought Mayweather injured.) I don't think that will be the case. Conor will do everything in his power to win. He probably won't, but, if he does it instantly makes Conor the biggest star on the planet and any future fight (UFC or Boxing) will be must-see TV for the general population.

However, even if he doesn't, every major media outlet is going to be talking about this fight non-stop until it happens. It will generate interest in the UFC even if Conor comes up short.

Yeah what a sham. Leave 100 million dollars on the table over peanuts in the UFC to honor integrity and appease Sherbros.

Fuck everyone that criticizes Conor for doing exactly what you would if you were in his shoes. Hypocrites.

He obviously needs to defend his belt.

What a coward

he should've also defended his FW title Instead of moving up.

Who cares about taking on bigger challenges, Defend some belts
well
Maybe is just me but i like to see something put on the line when a challenge is made.
Also
Would you like to see Michael Jordan take a 1 on 1 challenge against Rafael Nadal just because they both play with balls?

I mean, I'm a bigger floyd fan than most. I've been following him ever since I started boxing almost 10 years ago, my old trainer even fought him when he was an early 20's up and comer. He's been one of my main inspirations, one of the greatest to ever do It.

That said, Floyd is 40..he hasn't even been In the boxing gym according to his team and has essentially been on a world tour. Who knows how far past his prime he Is. There's a lot of questions.

Conor Is young, he's a southpaw, he's fast, has a lot of power and is generally a better boxer than the untrained eye gives him for. His counter boxing In particular Is quite good

Obviously Floyd Is one of the greatest of all time, and Indisputably the greatest defensive boxer of all time. In all likelihood, he embarrasses Conor for 12 rounds or stops him.

But, this is fighting. However small, there Is always a chance.

Particularly because of Floyd's age. If this was 5 years ago, even 2-3 years ago It would be absolutely zero for me. But, there's always a chance especially when a guy has power.
So basically your interest in this fight is based on the fact that Floyd is out of his prime and he is fighting Connie?
How that makes ANY sense?

Conor's held up the division so badly that all these contenders have fought since he won the title:

- Eddie Alvarez fought Dustin Poirier to a No Contest
- Dustin Poirier fought Eddie Alvarez to a No Contest

- Edson Barboza KO'd Daniel Bariush
- Daniel Bariush got KO'd by Edson Barboza

Wait what? Only 4 people in the top 10 have fought since Conor won the title? And two of them fought to a no contest? And they were two people Conor already annihilated anyways? So it's really only Edson that's at all moved up in the division basically?

Jeez, seems it's more like it's the whole division that's doing nothing. Conor's fought more recently than 6 of the top 10.

As a human being, you should be embarrassed for putting labels on yourself and expecting other people to conform to your ideals about combat sports.

This is not combat sports, this is a joke

It's only a blatant money grab if Conor is going in there with every intention of just cashing a check and losing (like Pacquiao did when he fought Mayweather injured.) I don't think that will be the case. Conor will do everything in his power to win. He probably won't, but, if he does it instantly makes Conor the biggest star on the planet and any future fight (UFC or Boxing) will be must-see TV for the general population.

However, even if he doesn't, every major media outlet is going to be talking about this fight non-stop until it happens. It will generate interest in the UFC even if Conor comes up short.

It will not generate interest in MMA, this fight will be an embarrassment for MMA. Conor has as good of a chance in winning this as you do.

Conor not defending against Tony and instead taking an insane money-grab, circus vargas freakshow match = let's cheer it on!

Conor's making that money, and we can live vicariously through him!

Who cares about divisions being frozen up? Conors our hero, no matter what!

LMAO

You captured perfectly the Conor cuck mentality

He obviously needs to defend his belt.

What a coward

he should've also defended his FW title Instead of moving up.

Who cares about taking on bigger challenges, Defend some belts

You wouldn't understand. You flip burgers for a living and ask if you want fries with your order. You live in your mom's shed.

I blame low testosterone. Mad?

So basically your interest in this fight is based on the fact that Floyd is out of his prime and he is fighting Connie?
How that makes ANY sense?
How exactly did you take that from what I said?

Is your reading comprehension that poor?

I like this fight for the spectacle. Boxing vs MMA. It's a historic fight In many ways. It might even be the biggest fight In terms of Interest, hype, numbers that we've ever seen. Maybe even bigger than pacquiao Floyd but that remains to be seen. This is the entertainment Industry first and foremost and this Is sure to be something special.

It's sort of a win win situation for Conor / MMA. This fight will generate more publicity than MMA has EVER been associated with, regardless of the outcome. This fight will only propel his star to even greater heights, even If he loses In embarrassing fashion. The world will be watching. Although to be fair, I'm expecting more of a glorified sparring match. Where both parties somehow find a way to come out looking decent.

But yeah, the buildup, hype, shit talk and promotion Is sure to be legendary. Maybe the best ever. People can talk shit all they want but they'll be watching. This fight, however much of a freakshow It's perceived to be by some..will catch the attention of every fight fan at some point during the promotion.

Last edited:
Meh. Anything can happen. Nobody with any brains thinks Conor will win, but its not legitimately impossible.
Indeed.

His chances are ridiculously low on paper.

But who knows

Floyd Is 40, Conor's a southpaw with speed and power.

There's always a punchers chance

Acting like It's Impossible and there's 0 chance Conor could win Is a little ridiculous. Even as a boxing fan. This is the fight game after all.

Conor's held up the division so badly that all these contenders have fought since he won the title:

- Eddie Alvarez fought Dustin Poirier to a No Contest
- Dustin Poirier fought Eddie Alvarez to a No Contest

- Edson Barboza KO'd Daniel Bariush
- Daniel Bariush got KO'd by Edson Barboza

Wait what? Only 4 people in the top 10 have fought since Conor won the title? And two of them fought to a no contest? And they were two people Conor already annihilated anyways? So it's really only Edson that's at all moved up in the division basically?

Jeez, seems it's more like it's the whole division that's doing nothing. Conor's fought more recently than 6 of the top 10.
Hu hum or maybe because the champion Is NOT available to set things up against the top contenders that the category is not moving t accordingly?

Who knows!?!?

Back