Conor's not defending against tony and Instead fighting the greatest boxer of our generation

Can't turn down a fight that you avoid the offer for.
I would've liked to see him fight Frankie. Stylistically that was definitely one of the tougher matchups he could face at either weight class.

Obviously this is a business though and Conor / the UFC were after the biggest fights possible which will do the biggest numbers and continue to take his star power to another level.

I believe things like this are more business decisions than they are "ducking"

Fights have to make the most sense In every possible way, Including business.

Not just making the fights the fans want to see / make the most sense from a competitive point of view. Objectively speaking.

People would say Floyd ducked everyone too but there was obviously a calculated approach In who he chose for opponents. It's all about the money and numbers to these guys. Business

I would've liked to see him fight Frankie. Stylistically that was definitely one of the tougher matchups he could face at either weight class.

Obviously this is a business though and Conor / the UFC were after the biggest fights possible which will do the biggest numbers and continue to take his star power to another level.

I believe things like this are more business decisions than they are "ducking"

Fights have to make the most sense In every possible way, Including business.

Not just making the fights the fans want to see / make the most sense from a competitive point of view. Objectively speaking.

Oh, I entirely agree that from a financial perspective Conor has made nothing but correct decisions.

I'm just looking at it from my perspective as a fan who doesn't like to see the integrity of the sport broken down for money.

I feel like the sport has decided to do too hard of a veer away from the center between competition and spectacle.

Oh, I entirely agree that from a financial perspective Conor has made nothing but correct decisions.

I'm just looking at it from my perspective as a fan who doesn't like to see the integrity of the sport broken down for money.

I feel like the sport has decided to do too hard of a veer away from the center between competition and spectacle.
That's the way It is though. Unfortunately

It's been the same In boxing for a long time as well.

I think the promotors / people Involved behind the scenes try to find a balance the best they can.

cant please everyone

What offer, you mean the offer that Frankie and Aldo got when RDA broke his foot the one that they both refused, what ferguson offer?

At 155...... and not for the belt....... not everything is about "getting the chance to fight conor"

Yeah, the business made him beat Pacquiao, Maidana x2, Canelo, Cotto, De La Hoya and countless others.
It's not like he could possibly be a pretty good boxer.
He lost again De la Hoya, a decadent De la Hoya, Maidana beat the shit out of him in the first fight, and very close decision in the second (hard to say who won the second), and against Pacquiao, he was doped and Pacquiao injured. And with all that it wasnt a clear victory, a very close non action fight.

Yeah, the business made him beat Pacquiao, Maidana x2, Canelo, Cotto, De La Hoya and countless others.
Cotto beat the shit out of him too (his face was a mess), Castillo defeated him too. So...

At 155...... and not for the belt....... not everything is about "getting the chance to fight conor"
Well you are saying he ducked them when in fact it was them ducking him. You see how this works, the "accused" duckee offers to fight either of those he is hiding from/afraid off and they refuse but he is still accused of ducking.

And the most important of everything, he always had the advantage of judges, referees, and physical size (tremendouse reach advantage). He never fought at his real size class, so difficult to give him legend credit, a better version than his father, but nothing more. His father was shit compared to the greatest. And Mayweather is shit compared to greatest welterweights.

Well you are saying he ducked them when in fact it was them ducking him. You see how this works, the "accused" duckee offers to fight either of those he is hiding from/afraid off and they refuse but he is still accused of ducking.

I said he avoided them. He avoided defending his belt, in two cases now.

Frankie, in specific, would be put in a no win situation. As the fight wouldn't get him a belt, and would be under favorable conditions for Conor.

You can avoid something, or someone, by "proactively" looking for other opportunities.

The Champ's job is to defend the belt, Conor has avoided that responsibility.

I said he avoided them. He avoided defending his belt, in two cases now.

Frankie, in specific, would be put in a no win situation. As the fight wouldn't get him a belt, and would be under favorable conditions for Conor.

You can avoid something, or someone, by "proactively" looking for other opportunities.

The Champ's job is to defend the belt, Conor has avoided that responsibility.
But if he was never offered to fight Frankie or Ferguson how could he avoid them, he can't avoid what isn't there. Just because people talk on twitter or press conferences doesn't mean that actual serious fight offers were on any table. So just by the fact that he is/was champ doesn't mean he avoided anyone. I doubt he has had the chance to avoid Ferguson yet as Ferguson had a fight scheduled and McGregor was on leave but it still didn't stop you from throwing him in there. In reality you have zero evidence of any avoidance beyond saying "he was a champ and didn't defend so he avoided someone so you use Frankie and Ferguson, you could have also added Aldo and Khabib and anyone you like really.

But if he was never offered to fight Frankie or Ferguson how could he avoid them, he can't avoid what isn't there. Just because people talk on twitter or press conferences doesn't mean that actual serious fight offers were on any table. So just by the fact that he is/was champ doesn't mean he avoided anyone. I doubt he has had the chance to avoid Ferguson yet as Ferguson had a fight scheduled and McGregor was on leave but it still didn't stop you from throwing him in there. In reality you have zero evidence of any avoidance beyond saying "he was a champ and didn't defend so he avoided someone so you use Frankie and Ferguson, you could have also added Aldo and Khabib and anyone you like really.

You should really look at the Chuck/Tito saga to see how you can avoid someone without ever declining a fight.

It's not a complicated thing to understand, but you seem to emotional for me to have an actual discussion with.

giphy.gif

You cannot argue with dumb mofos. Many are adverse to competition and angry MANLETS with really low testosterone.

You should really look at the Chuck/Tito saga to see how you can avoid someone without ever declining a fight.

It's not a complicated thing to understand, but you seem to emotional for me to have an actual discussion with.

giphy.gif
ahh so you are using Mcgregor isms now. Wtf has chuck and tito got to do with McGregor aside from the fact that you can't prove a single iota of what you are implying. Where did you get your info on McGregor avoiding. Did you just watch chuck and tito and think that this is what McGregor must be doing...

I mean, I'm a bigger floyd fan than most. I've been following him ever since I started boxing almost 10 years ago, my old trainer even fought him when he was an early 20's up and comer. He's been one of my main inspirations, one of the greatest to ever do It.

That said, Floyd is 40..he hasn't even been In the boxing gym according to his team and has essentially been on a world tour. Who knows how far past his prime he Is. There's a lot of questions.

Conor Is young, he's a southpaw, he's fast, has a lot of power and is generally a better boxer than the untrained eye gives him for. His counter boxing In particular Is quite good

Obviously Floyd Is one of the greatest of all time, and Indisputably the greatest defensive boxer of all time. In all likelihood, he embarrasses Conor for 12 rounds or stops him.

But, this is fighting. However small, there Is always a chance.

Particularly because of Floyd's age. If this was 5 years ago, even 2-3 years ago It would be absolutely zero for me. But, there's always a chance especially when a guy has power.

You support woman beaters lulz

'Nuff said

And the most important of everything, he always had the advantage of judges, referees, and physical size (tremendouse reach advantage). He never fought at his real size class, so difficult to give him legend credit, a better version than his father, but nothing more. His father was shit compared to the greatest. And Mayweather is shit compared to greatest welterweights.

Honestly, there's no fixing this level of delusion. If you really think all these people beat him I have nothing to say.

Back