Conor's knee injury

I’m a Conor supporter, but roadwork isn’t necessary for cardio in mma. Look at tj, he admits that he cannot do roadwork because of the amount of training he does. The likely scenario is that Conor stopped training as hard once he started wearing red panties. In fw he looked spring and spry for 3 rounds easy, but now gasses 1.5 rounds.

Seen him running in a recent tmz video so he must he back to running.

Seen this mentioned a few times last few days.

Apparently that's the reason he does no roadwork. Is this true? I've never heard this before.

Is there any evidence of this or is this just an excuse to justify why Conor has a worse gas tank than a 90 year old chain smoker?
Can't find it anymore, but there was a video where McGregor is sitting on a stage infront of an Irish crowd where he talks about it.

Basically he said that before the Holloway fight he was obsessed with cardio, but the knee injury brought his cardio training to a grinding halt. When he returned to fighting 10 months later he said his cardio was pretty rough, but since all his fights ended in round 1-2 tko's he wasn't really that concerned about it.

It wasn't until the Diaz fight that he realized how much his cardio had suffered, where he decided to focus on it 100% again.

Can't find it anymore, but there was a video where McGregor is sitting on a stage infront of an Irish crowd where he talks about it.

Basically he said that before the Holloway fight he was obsessed with cardio, but the knee injury brought his cardio training to a grinding halt. When he returned to fighting 10 months later he said his cardio was pretty rough, but since all his fights ended in round 1-2 tko's he wasn't really that concerned about it.

It wasn't until the Diaz fight that he realized how much his cardio had suffered, where he decided to focus on it 100% again.
Was it the live conference of just him? Haven't seen it.

He tore his ACL against Max in the second round of their fight while going for a transition in top control.

In the Mendes fight, his camp claims he had a knee injury going in. Watching the fight, he didn't even try to stop most of the takedowns so I find it to be at least plausible.
This was the moment. He said he heard something snap and let out a loud scream.

Was it the live conference of just him? Haven't seen it.
Think it was some kind of promotion for Kavanagh's book iirc.

I don’t jog on a road because of bad knee’s. There is a alot more give on a treadmill but running on a road seems to work you over alot more then running on a tread mill (I have no idea why tbh)

Best workout cardio wise I have ever experienced was running on the beach.

I don’t jog on a road because of bad knee’s. There is a alot more give on a treadmill but running on a road seems to work you over alot more then running on a tread mill (I have no idea why tbh)

Best workout cardio wise I have ever experienced was running on the beach.
Beach/Soft Sand 1

Underwater 2

Cycling 3

Have to enjoy those to work the body without the wear and Tear.

People overlook that he gained around 25 lbs to fight Nate and wasn't used to carrying that weight. It wasn't like it was all muscle either. Gaining that much muscle quickly is impossible and he had love handles for that fight. He's not an endurance athlete and isn't built for it, but he also doesn't have as bad of cardio as people say.

I
You are telling me that it's common sense that riding a bike is better for cardio than running?

Wait, what?

Running isn't efficient?

Is this normal in MMA do fighters not do roadwork or is this just a conor thing?
It’s a post major knee injury thing not specific to Conor. He tore his Left ACL and also suffered a meniscus tear in the posterior horn in the Holloway fight. So they went in “cleaned up” his meniscus with a partial meniscectomy. The portion of the meniscus he injured is crucial for shock absorption (basically worst place to tear) and he no longer has it they just take it out. The more you delve into Physical Therapy an ACL can be reconstructed and isn’t career ending. But meniscus damage will be a thorn in his side for the rest of life. Not saying an ACL rehab is a walk in the park I’ve torn both right and left. But now working in physical therapy and having the personal experience to coincide meniscus issues are the real fuckers. So roadwork running on concrete or a hard surface is just not the optimal way to train with meniscus issues.

I’m a Conor supporter, but roadwork isn’t necessary for cardio in mma. Look at tj, he admits that he cannot do roadwork because of the amount of training he does. The likely scenario is that Conor stopped training as hard once he started wearing red panties. In fw he looked spring and spry for 3 rounds easy, but now gasses 1.5 rounds.

Their alternatives but still think roadwork is one of the best conditioning regiments you can do. Running outside fucken sucks and is harder than running on a bouncy treadmill. Dont think their is a true replacement for it just good alternatives.

Also got a busted up knee and running puts alot strain on it.

Have you guys seen Conors legs recently, id say he has no problem working them out,fuckers thighs are huge. The time off must've done him a lot of good.
svU.gif
Yeah i implied it....

He's blown out his ACL twice that we know of (Max fight, training for Aldo/Mendes fight).

Today I read on sherdog that Conor's horrendous cardio is a myth. I have yet to see delusion like that in any other fanbase.
It isnt terrible
He throws every shot like he wants the one shot finish even arm punches with poor technique.....thatl burn anyone out . Its not cardio per say its an active choice to go for broke with everything u throw....aka the hendo method

He blew his acl vs Holloway and was like almost a year out I believe; and he also injured it again during the camp he was doing for Aldo (then replaced by Mendes) but I dunno if it was the same knee.

I’ve seen articles that allege the tear was complete, but how do you stand up with a fully torn ACL. He injured it late in round 2 so all of round 3 he was standing and fighting with a completely torn ACL? It does explain the fake knockdown Max put on him but it look like his knee couldn’t support his weight. But that’s a far cry from what it looks like to fight on a fully torn ACL. The only fight remember where a guy fought with a fully torn ACL was Javier Vasquez Alberto crane. Javi tore his ACL seconds into the fight and every time he put his weight on it he fell down.

He tore his ACL against Max in the second round of their fight while going for a transition in top control.

In the Mendes fight, his camp claims he had a knee injury going in. Watching the fight, he didn't even try to stop most of the takedowns so I find it to be at least plausible.
It could also just have been Conor’s strategy. Let chad gas out. He only had a few weeks to prepare and make weight so his gas tank wasn’t gonna be there. I do believe Conor had the injury though.

Today I read on sherdog that Conor's horrendous cardio is a myth. I have yet to see delusion like that in any other fanbase.

Not going to say it is great, but people always claiming it is trash are exaggerating. Truth always lies in the middle. In the Diaz rematch, he was tired in round 3 and taking damage. Fight looked to be over honestly. But he got a 2nd wind and came back to win round 4. I thought he was done. Round 5 was basically even until Nate got a late TD. So his cardio looked to be failing him in that fight, and then he found another gear.

Watching the Notorious documentary/film they only show a small bit of the lead up to the Aldo fight but in one scene he's doing sprints on a football field. He was doing a lot of the treadmill for the second Diaz fight and in the Embedded for 189 he's out running on the road.

In one of the Mac Life videos he's in the shop with a tailor and is talking to someone who must have been the tailor's son or daughter on the phone, you hear him say; ........"yeah, I like doing the bike for training. Jogging is hard on the joints"

He does load up a shit load.

Hmmm, aside from the 1st Diaz fight, I don't recall him loading up like that.

It could also just have been Conor’s strategy. Let chad gas out. He only had a few weeks to prepare and make weight so his gas tank wasn’t gonna be there. I do believe Conor had the injury though.

He said it in the press conference that he was going to attack the body and drain his gas tank. But he also said Mendes had poor cardio overall.

Back