Conor's knee injury

Seen this mentioned a few times last few days.

Apparently that's the reason he does no roadwork. Is this true? I've never heard this before.

Is there any evidence of this or is this just an excuse to justify why Conor has a worse gas tank than a 90 year old chain smoker?

The evidence is we never see him run. He's always doing alternative forms of cardio. One can deduce that it's probably from the fact he has had multiple ACL tears, as his cardio seemed fine before those tears.

I do find it puzzling that Dana isn't throwing a world tour. I'm thinking Conor simply doesn't want to. I mean, they had to drag him out for the second Nate fight.

He said it in the press conference that he was going to attack the body and drain his gas tank. But he also said Mendes had poor cardio overall.
Conor saying anybody has poor cardio is the definition of the pot calling the kettle black. Chad’s been 3 rounds several times and 5 rounds once and didn’t look half as bad as Conor did in Nate I and II. He knew chad wasn’t going to have any cardio with 3 weeks. Attacking the body would just speed up the inevitable.

Still swears up and down he isn't though....But when he says stuff like : " I am a fan of Conor. Definitely. I respect him deeply, I have gained a lot from him as both a martial artist and fan, he's very Inspirational both In and outside of the ring."
It does not help his cause.
Saying those words do not make you a "fanboy" you should look up the definition

It's hard not to be Inspired by Conor as a martial artist. You'd have to be extremely ego driven or hate fuelled to not be.

It's hard not to be a fan of Conor with his he carries himself In the media, business, his speaking ability, charisma, ability to market himself and things of that nature. I'd say the same thing about Floyd and other big stars In combat sports throughout the generations.

I'd say the same thing about many celebrities, public figures, athletes, people In the limelight who carry themselves similarly. Conor Isn't anything different In that regard, I respect all these figures In a similar fashion.

I watch them, I learn from them, I give credit and respect where It's due, I'm not a hater by any stretch of the imagination. It doesn't mean I'm putting any of them on a pedestal either. Me showing them a high level of respect does not mean I'm a "fanboy" of them either. It's more of a real recognize real type thing

If you ask most martial artists, fighters / people In this industry..they'd show a similar level of respect for Conor both In and outside of the ring. Why would they not?

I think some people just operate from an extremist mentality. When It comes to Conor they're only able to paint him In a certain negative light, to the point where anything outside of that appears to be "fanboyism" or whatever you want to call It when It's just more of an all encompassing reality which Intelligent people acknowledge.

I don't consider boxingislife, Jimmy James, timingbeatsspeed, aka prologic an actual person.

Mescaline dreams has made some of the most Conor fanboy esque threads that I can think of

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/s...t-will-be-the-new-reason-to-hate-him.3631393/

He has created over 50 threads about Conor lol
Dunno where you got that number. Did you just make it up? Most of the Conor threads I make are memes. Like I said, I enjoy the salt that Conor creates. It's quite funny.

I do make some real ones though with my real opinions. I know how hard it is for some of you people to discern the realness from the illusions though, so It's fine. I'll give you a pass on that one.

I think one day some of you guys will acknowledge that threads like this were In response to the Insane level of ridiculous / irrational bitterness that dominated these forums. I always try to get to the truth of these matters, people have been so off when It comes to Conor In so many aspects that It's only natural I responded and called out the holes In the way certain people see the world. At the end of the day you'll see I was not far from the truth.

Last edited:
Conor saying anybody has poor cardio is the definition of the pot calling the kettle black. Chad’s been 3 rounds several times and 5 rounds once and didn’t look half as bad as Conor did in Nate I and II. He knew chad wasn’t going to have any cardio with 3 weeks. Attacking the body would just speed up the inevitable.

Well, maybe Conor seen something there with Mendes that he flt made him vulnerable - he does carry a lot of muscle for his frame and the more muscle you have the more oxygen you need. Hmm, just because you say or think Conor knew Mendes would gas doesn't mean it's true.

Looking back at the fight, Mendes gasses within a minute. Also Mendes had said shortly before Aldo pulled out that he was training in case one of them pulled out - which some folk conveniently forget or will give Mendes the benefit of the doubt and say; 'oh, well he would say that. He wouldn't have time to peak'

People were posting a picture of Mendes carrying PVZ on his back to counter the 'only came of the couch' argument. Yeah, it's not the same as a training camp and I don't think Mendes had ideal preparation. As far as the Diaz fights go, yeah, Conor was fucked by the end of the 1st round in the first fight. As for the second fight, people will say he ran away and he did have a wobble at the end of the 2nd round and the 3rd, but Diaz was shelling up a lot in the 4th and Conor was coming back at him.

I've heard this before too, but never seen a source. Maybe Conor's fans can help us find a source?

@notori0us1 @Jin Akutsu @The Young Wolf @MescalineDreams @wisdom blows

He literally took nearly a year off between Holloway and Brandao. ACL tear. Then he reinjured it before the first Aldo fight (Mendes fight) grappling with Rory MacDonald. Conor never had bad cardio before Max. In fact, he went balls out for 3 rounds against Holloway. It seems, yes, his cardio has never been the same since the injury.

Saying those words do not make you a "fanboy" you should look up the definition

It's hard not to be Inspired by Conor as a martial artist. You'd have to be extremely ego driven or hate fuelled to not be.

It's hard not to be a fan of Conor with his he carries himself In the media, business, his speaking ability, charisma, ability to market himself and things of that nature. I'd say the same thing about Floyd and other big stars In combat sports throughout the generations.

I'd say the same thing about many celebrities, public figures, athletes, people In the limelight who carry themselves similarly. Conor Isn't anything different In that regard, I respect all these figures In a similar fashion.

I watch them, I learn from them, I give credit and respect where It's due, I'm not a hater by any stretch of the imagination. It doesn't mean I'm putting any of them on a pedestal either. Me showing them a high level of respect does not mean I'm a "fanboy" of them either. It's more of a real recognize real type thing

If you ask most martial artists, fighters / people In this industry..they'd show a similar level of respect for Conor both In and outside of the ring. Why would they not?

I think some people just operate from an extremist mentality. When It comes to Conor they're only able to paint him In a certain negative light, to the point where anything outside of that appears to be "fanboyism" or whatever you want to call It when It's just more of an all encompassing reality which Intelligent people acknowledge.

Dunno where you got that number. Did you just make it up? Most of the Conor threads I make are memes. Like I said, I enjoy the salt that Conor creates. It's quite funny.

I do make some real ones though with my real opinions. I know how hard it is for some of you people to discern the realness from the illusions though, so It's fine. I'll give you a pass on that one.

I think one day some of you guys will acknowledge that threads like this were In response to the Insane level of ridiculous / irrational bitterness that dominated these forums. I always try to get to the truth of these matters, people have been so off when It comes to Conor In so many aspects that It's only natural I responded and called out the holes In the way certain people see the world. At the end of the day you'll see I was not far from the truth.
Yet you need a phone book worth of writing to somehow tell people it's not what it looks like, you always try and make everything sound so complex...Ha!
You NEVER criticize Conor. Just pump him up. And you are not correct with you analysis, as much as you think you are....Fanboy.

We will probably have to wait until his career is over to find the full truth about his knee. The Notorious doc had some good behind the scenes footage with Arnie (who apparently met Conor through a physio who was a mutual friend). You can see genuine concern in that footage from everyone in Conor's camp (and several outsiders incl Arnie), I think it was for the Mendes fight.

Yet you need a phone book worth of writing to somehow tell people it's not what it looks like, you always try and make everything sound so complex...Ha!
You NEVER criticize Conor. Just pump him up. And you are not correct with you analysis, as much as you think you are....Fanboy.

If I'm a "fanboy" of Conor then I'm a fanboy of every celebrity, public figure, high level athlete and those In the limelight who I respect highly.

At the end of the day It comes down to giving credit and respect where It's due, there's no emotion Involved here. I simply call It as I see it to the best of my ability, nothing more. If that makes me out to be a "fanboy" In your eyes, that has more to do with you having holes In the way you see the world.

At the end of the day, there are very few humans I put on a pedestal. Real recognize real absolutely though

When It comes to criticism, much of what Conor is criticised about these days..From the Floyd fight, to not fighting / negotiating for more money, to the bus Incident being used as a vehicle to promote his return Into the biggest fight in MMA history. I feel many people have chosen to not acknowledge the deeper politics going on behind the scenes In many of these situations. If you notice, I don't criticise anyone either. In any of my posts. As a general practice, I tend to be the person to highlight the other side of things. As opposed to being a toxic, negative hater.

Last edited:
GOTA bad feelin somebody will pull out of this fight. Kevin Lee ,Nate ,Ortega better be on back up.

It isnt terrible
He throws every shot like he wants the one shot finish even arm punches with poor technique.....thatl burn anyone out . Its not cardio per say its an active choice to go for broke with everything u throw....aka the hendo method

It is terrible. I don't care what he does to get gassed in 2 rounds but he gassed out in 4 of his last 6 and that is the worst cardio among all LW's. If he starts throwing 5 shots a round and survives for 5 rounds, that only means he is trying to pace himself because his shitty cardio cant hold up.

If I'm a "fanboy" of Conor then I'm a fanboy of every celebrity, public figure, high level athlete and those In the limelight who I respect highly.

At the end of the day It comes down to giving credit and respect where It's due, there's no emotion Involved here. I simply call It as I see it to the best of my ability, nothing more. If that makes me out to be a "fanboy" In your eyes, that has more to do with you having holes In the way you see the world.

At the end of the day, there are very few humans I put on a pedestal. Real recognize real absolutely though

When It comes to criticism, much of what Conor is criticised about these days..From the Floyd fight, to not fighting / negotiating for more money, to the bus Incident being used as a vehicle to promote his return Into the biggest fight in MMA history. I feel many people have chosen to not acknowledge the deeper politics going on behind the scenes In many of these situations. If you notice, I don't criticise anyone either. In any of my posts. As a general practice, I tend to be the person to highlight the other side of things. As opposed to being a toxic, negative hater.
I am not toxic, I am a purest. This is why I am such a Conor "Hater".

Conor says alot of things.

I'm not doubting that he might have had a knee injury but he did not blow out his ACL when he fought Mendes. It might have been a partial injury but he did not tear it completely like he claims.

tears it completely, never has surgery, fights less than 6 months later.

Either Conor has superhuman genes that not even the greatest athletes in the history of life have OR the more likely scenario, he lied just like he does about 95% of the things that come out of his mouth.

The main excuse is that he throws alot of punches -"really hard".

He does, though. His cardio could definitely use some work (easier said than done), but his style is very tiring and even more so when you miss a lot of power shots. Fighting is exhausting. People here talk about fighters having shit cardio without realizing how tiring that stuff really is for some reason. You can see someone gas in 2 rounds and say they have shit cardio, when in reality they threw a billion power shots at their opponent (missed a lot of them), basically chasing them around the cage attacking nonstop.

Pay more attention to what’s actually happening in the fight instead of watching the time. Most fighters wouldn’t look very fresh if they fought like Conor does. Not everybody has a great gas tank. Look at Aldo. Mendes. Holloway at one time. Poirier as well, still does gas sometimes. There’s reasons for it. Sherdoggers would have you believe it’s because of laziness, though. Or maybe they only believe that when it comes to Conor. Everybody else gets a pat on the back and a ‘good job, champ!’

It’s nothing to do with running being efficient enough or not. It’s because it puts more stress on your joints and after a knee injury/surgery, things change. This is why swimming is such a great cardio workout. It works out every muscle without putting any stress on your body, and the controlled breathing as well. Do you have an issue with him using the the healthier route or something? You don’t need to run to improve cardio. There’s other exercises that are just as and even more efficient. When you make a thread to shit on someone or something, at least make sure you know wtf you’re talking about first.

The evidence is we never see him run. He's always doing alternative forms of cardio. One can deduce that it's probably from the fact he has had multiple ACL tears, as his cardio seemed fine before those tears.
Conor fans always trying to justify his less than stellar performances, is normal. He walked into the cage fine, he doesn't need his cult to defend his win.

I’ve seen articles that allege the tear was complete, but how do you stand up with a fully torn ACL. He injured it late in round 2 so all of round 3 he was standing and fighting with a completely torn ACL? It does explain the fake knockdown Max put on him but it look like his knee couldn’t support his weight. But that’s a far cry from what it looks like to fight on a fully torn ACL. The only fight remember where a guy fought with a fully torn ACL was Javier Vasquez Alberto crane. Javi tore his ACL seconds into the fight and every time he put his weight on it he fell down.

no idea how badly Gomi jacked up his knee but you can see how it buckles when he tries to use to counter. And that is with all kinds of tape to support it.

tears it completely, never has surgery, fights less than 6 months later.

Either Conor has superhuman genes that not even the greatest athletes in the history of life have OR the more likely scenario, he lied just like he does about 95% of the things that come out of his mouth.
He got them special stem cell treatments

It is terrible. I don't care what he does to get gassed in 2 rounds but he gassed out in 4 of his last 6 and that is the worst cardio among all LW's. If he starts throwing 5 shots a round and survives for 5 rounds, that only means he is trying to pace himself because his shitty cardio cant hold up.
I doubt hel ever change much its worked up til now

Back