Conor's fight-night weight against Diaz (Did he cut?)

could be a few reasons, perhaps he was aiming to maximize off the smaller fighter vs much larger dude angle.

he did say post-fight that Nate was 190 pounds on fight night, which isn't true.

I wonder though. If Conor was over 170, Nate easily looked to be 15 - 20 lbs heavier, no matter what anyone says. Without fight night weigh ins, I can only go by my eye (not by Conor's camp, Nate's camp or any insider's "report") and there is no WAY (to my eye) they were the same size or close to it. Nate looked a weight class bigger than Conor on the night. I'm thinking 15 lbs minimum.

And rightfully so. He is a big 6'1" guy and Conor is 5'9" and not much thicker than Nate. There must be 20lbs between them.

No?

"Must have been around 160 before cutting weight."

Doesn't really sound very accurate/scientific/factual!

Conor weighed something like 172 pounds a couple hours before 194. John has even admitted he walks around at 175. Nate probably walks around at 190 pounds though.
I doubt he cuts 35 pounds to make 155.
He does too much cardio in between fights to carry that much extra weight.

"Must have been around 160 before cutting weight."

Doesn't really sound very accurate/scientific/factual!
its called deduction.

If he forced himself to eat up and came in at a natural weight of 168, then obviously he was lighter before. come on dude, high-school level common sense.

Lol yeah right its high school level common sense.
This is why people believe in a God with no proof.

Lol yeah right its high school level common sense.
This is why people believe in a God with no proof.
red herring, appeal to ridicule...

elementary school shit. you can do better

Oh so fighters weight is the most lied about fact in mma but when conor talks about his weight its the holy truth? You're way too much of a little cheerleader to have any unbiased opinion on the matter.

Oh and BTW he did cut with undeniable proof for the first fight because he immediately drank fluids after weighing in.
Oh so fighters weight is the most lied about fact in mma but when conor talks about his weight its the holy truth? You're way too much of a little cheerleader to have any unbiased opinion on the matter.

Oh and BTW he did cut with undeniable proof for the first fight because he immediately drank fluids after weighing in.

1. When did I ever say that Conor has never lied about his weight ? I made a point of saying it's one of the most lied about facts in mma. Conor and his team are not exempt from that.

2 Having a Conor AV makes someone a cheerleader ? Or is it just anyone who disagrees with you ?

3. Lol. Taking a sip of water is undeniable proof that someone has cut weight ?
Don't ever become an attorney or judge.

It doesn't make more sense at all. What makes sense is that he was eating a lot to get his weight up above 170 so he wouldn't be outsized. And again, you can just look at them in the cage. If Conor hadn't spun this narrative, no one would have thought of it. He didn't look undersized against Nate in the least.

When one fighter is significantly bigger than the other, it shows in he cage. I watched with a bunch of casual's both times. Not once did one of them remark that Nate looked a lot bigger than Conor. When one fighter really is a lot bigger than the other, casuals notice, and comment on it.

He did eat a lot to gain weight before the fight. But how long did he have to do that with Nate the first fight ? 10 days ?
No one can possibly think he put on 5-10 lbs in 10 days of eating. He might have cut a few for that fight, but not the rematch.

I'll bet that Conor hasn't ever seen the scale over 175 even when not in camp.

So, apparently, Conor didn't cut any weight and came in at a walkaround weight (post-training camp) of 168 pounds.

Conor repeated how he had to force his weight up because he was so light, basically forcing himself to eat. And of course, he was "on steaks", basically eating whatever he wanted and apparently that only got him up to 168pounds.

So, if Conor on steaks + force-feed diet = 168 pounds pre-cut, then it should be safe to acknowledge that Conor on salad plus a strictly controlled diet weighs less than steak-diet Conor.

So, based on what I just mentioned, while Conor was fighting at 145 and living off plants- he must have been around 160 pounds before cutting weight.

Now, this would mean that Conor had to cut around 15 pounds to make 145, which is a relatively basic cut, comparatively. So, why did he come in to the weigh-ins looking like a half-dead zombie?

What do you guys think?

giphy.gif
Because 15 pounds is a fuck ton for a 165 pound man

I think he cut 2 extra pounds for 2 reasons.

1. To claim he was the smaller man and didn't cut weight. It's a built in excuse and a huge feather in his cap if he claims to weigh 168 for a fight and says Nate weighed "190".

2. He weight 168 for his first fight. He was obsessed with the rematch being at 170 b/c he wanted everything from the first fight to be exactly the same. So he came in at 168, same is first fight.

Not on this issue. Fan or not, it seems pretty clear to me. It's not a big deal either way but it just seems to have grown into this cult thing to claim he's bigger than he is in order to take away from his accomplishments.

There's no way he finishes a camp any heavier than 169. He's just not that big.

Oh so it's clear to you because you claim that what you want to believe is the truth? A bit like christian will say God has to exists because he believes he does?

That's a nice argument you got there bro.

1. When did I ever say that Conor has never lied about his weight ? I made a point of saying it's one of the most lied about facts in mma. Conor and his team are not exempt from that.

2 Having a Conor AV makes someone a cheerleader ? Or is it just anyone who disagrees with you ?

3. Lol. Taking a sip of water is undeniable proof that someone has cut weight ?
Don't ever become an attorney or judge.

Someone had to bring that water onto the stage with him and have it ready for him to drink. Undeniable proof? Nope. But it's pretty good evidence.

Oh so it's clear to you because you claim that what you want to believe is the truth? A bit like christian will say God has to exists because he believes he does?

That's a nice argument you got there bro.

Yes it seems clear to me. Which word did you not understand ?

I've given you my valid arguments and your Conor hate has caused you to refuse common sense.

What do you want ? A video of Conor on the scale before he steps in the cage ?

Don't worry so much about his weight.
Just sit back and enjoy the McGregor show my friend.

Conor Bless.

Someone had to bring that water onto the stage with him and have it ready for him to drink. Undeniable proof? Nope. But it's pretty good evidence.

When do fighters not have water around ?
Him taking a sip of water means nothing.
People get dry mouth when excited and hyped up, no ?

When do fighters not have water around ?
Him taking a sip of water means nothing.
People get dry mouth when excited and hyped up, no ?

No.

How many fighters have you seen taking a sip of water after the fake weigh-ins they have now?

No.

How many fighters have you seen taking a sip of water after the fake weigh-ins they have now?

Pretty sure I saw Conor take a sip of water after this fake weigh in with Nate. Maybe it was the real weigh in but I don't remember. Do you think Conor cut weight for the rematch ?

Conor weighed something like 172 pounds a couple hours before 194. John has even admitted he walks around at 175. Nate probably walks around at 190 pounds though.
Nate at 190? Not so sure, I'm 6'2" and weigh 190 while eating everything in sight and lifting like a mad man (300 lb bench) and never running lol Im much more built than nate, who at 6'1" looks to have no muscle lol

Back