Conor's biggest threat is Tony Ferguson

I think Ferguson beats Khabib and Conor.

With a Conor fight, he has the height, reach and cardio advantage. He's very durable and while his chin is not as good as Nate's, he recovers very fast and poses the same threat that Nate does off his back, he nearly subbed Lando twice despite being rocked. His boxing is not technically as good as Nate's either but he is a more diverse striker.

Ferrguson and Khabib are both threats, however Khabib is more intimidating from a style perspective.

I'd enjoy watching any of those fighters against each other. Compelling shit.

True Dat!

Yup, because tall, rangy volume punchers with excellent grappling skills, great cardio and a great chin have never given Conor any trouble.
Is he gonna be able to eat the shots Diaz took? Even in the fight Diaz won Conor landed several bombs.

Conor hits too hard for 155 and I suspect it's the weight class at which his cardio is most optimal. His reach is still good for the class iirc, and his stand up game is truly unparalleled.

If Tony can whether the first few lefts, then it's a very interesting fight. I'd still be more interested in seeing Conor vs Khabib. If Conor beats him, nobody can claim he hasn't passed the grappling test anymore. I think Conor can whether through at least a few rounds on the ground, and each time it starts standing at the beginning of the round is extremely dangerous for Khabib.

Khabib and Tony are both equally his toughest matches. Khabib, because his grappling, top control, transitions in position advancement, scrambling, and GnP are so dominating, and Tony, because he's an elite Nate Diaz.

Tony Ferguson is Nate Diaz, Iif Nate Diaz was an elite LW that could beat up 98% of the division. I'm holding off on the other 2% until after Khabib, and potentially, Conor.

PIkprkZ.gif

I do not agree, however he is certainly a threat.
So long as Conor fights either Tony or Khabib next I have no complaints though.

Nah Khabib is a bigger threat because of the grappling and his single-minded gameplanning. Ferguson is definitely a threat but he is pretty hittable and that's probably not a good thing when you're in the cage with Conor.

Ferguson is the biggest threat to Ferguson. He's not a very emotionally stable person.

One of these days he'll get mad at something in his contract and punch Ari Gold in the face, and Ari in a fit of rage will hire mafia hitman through the Fertittas to have Tony's entire family assassinated while making it look like an accident.
Oh shit, someone needs to make a movie with this!

Funny that nobody is mentioning the granite chin and endless cardio of Ferguson. These two attributes alone would be able to drag Conor into deep waters (past the second round lol) and from there on I see Tony starting to piece up Conor just like Nate did in the first fight. Tony is wild and creative, and would probably get hit, but I see him laughing at Conor when he does, just like he did to RDA. Conor's left hand will be rendered useless after two rounds, exhaustion will set in, and Conor will get TKOd or submitted in the same manner as Diaz. Like I said before, pretty easy fight for Tony. He has length, chin, cardio, striking diversity, wrestling, and BJJ advantages over Conor
You don't like Conor. We all know that

Tony's reach will be the deciding factor in this fight. If it happens I am willing to bet that he stops Conor in the first when Conor try's his counter left on a long fighter like Tony.
Connie biggest threat is defending ANYTHING.

Ferguson is the biggest threat to Ferguson. He's not a very emotionally stable person.

One of these days he'll get mad at something in his contract and punch Ari Gold in the face, and Ari in a fit of rage will hire mafia hitman through the Fertittas to have Tony's entire family assassinated while making it look like an accident.
So does Tony get assassinated too?

Tony's reach will be the deciding factor in this fight. If it happens I am willing to bet that he stops Conor in the first when Conor try's his counter left on a long fighter like Tony.
You think a 2 and a half reach advantage will make that much of a difference?

<36>

Funny that nobody is mentioning the granite chin and endless cardio of Ferguson.
People said the same thing about Alvarez and he got stopped in the second. Same thing could easily happen to Ferguson

Anybody with good boxing and a long reach backed by decent wrestling and ground game will be a problem for Conor.

Back