Conor's biggest threat is Tony Ferguson

I would like to add that I think Tony would not just stand and trade with him. He is all over the place when he fights and brings way more pressure than Diaz does.
I agree what he did to RDA was pretty impressive although I don't believe that was the same RDA that held the belt . Ferguson got in a rhythm that allowed him tolook very confident in there

Until late his chin deteriorates
Big fan of both and will not argue this until his chin does/doesn't deteriorate I just feel Nate's boxing, chin, and cardio is a problem Tony does not present to Conor

Ferguson has nothing for Conor. Khabib is the test. It's not terribly close.

Vanatta tooled ferg on the feet, Conor would laugh at Tony, I give Tony almost zero chance, Conor has a v good chin too and hits TOO hard.

I honestly don't know which is the tougher fight for Conor. It seems like Tony is the ideal candidate to reproduce the Diaz-style winning formula of surviving the early onslaught and then using cardio and length to get to him once he slows a little. Tony is also very slick on the ground and can kick and check kicks. Khabib seems like he could take the Mendes-style path to victory and actually see it through. They will both have issues in the stand up early in the fight. The question is who overcomes it more readily. I think Khabib probably, since he just needs to get a hold of Conor and the fight is on the mat the rest of that round. However, if he has trouble getting a hold of Conor, he is a fish out of water against Conor. Tony can at least make it tough for Conor early with his length, chin and better striking defense and offense than Khabib has.

All I can see is Joey Diaz getting all riled up while saying the same thing.

Ferguson has nothing for Conor. Khabib is the test. It's not terribly close.
Yup, because tall, rangy volume punchers with excellent grappling skills, great cardio and a great chin have never given Conor any trouble.

But didn't Tony almost gets finished by that Lando guy. Conors left might put Tony away

Tony is the bigger guy and might not be affected by mindgames. I agree.

Ferguson is the biggest threat to Ferguson. He's not a very emotionally stable person.

One of these days he'll get mad at something in his contract and punch Ari Gold in the face, and Ari in a fit of rage will hire mafia hitman through the Fertittas to have Tony's entire family assassinated while making it look like an accident.
Your username sounds mafiaish

I think Ferguson would be the most well-rounded fighter Conors ever fought.

#DefendThatBelt

Tony's reach will be the deciding factor in this fight. If it happens I am willing to bet that he stops Conor in the first when Conor try's his counter left on a long fighter like Tony.

Tony is still in hiding from Khabib. If he tries to bang with Connor he is going out.

I would have to agree with you, ferg is a tough matchup for anybody. He is still very hittable tho so Conor could definitely tko him

Thread assumes he won't chase another meaningless money fight instead of defending the Mcbelt

I dunno, Tony gets hit like crazy. Khabib seems way more threatening.

Tony's durable and unpredictable, which would make things interesting, but he's very hittable. Think McGregor would take it, but would love to see the fight.

Nate Diaz vs. Tony Ferguson would be a great fight, also.

I think Ferguson could overwhelm him.

Back