Conor's biggest threat is Tony Ferguson

Conor has heavier hands than Lando, and Lando fucked Tony up.

Tony get shot stopped on the first. He's too sloppy. Khabib is the biggest threat and it's not even close.

I just want to see him defend his belt against a top contender.

Or how about defend a belt at all.
From what I can find, he's held at least 4 in his career and never defended any of them.
It seems to be a pattern at this point...

Tony get shot stopped on the first. He's too sloppy. Khabib is the biggest threat and it's not even close.
You think the shorter guy with shorter reach, who's style depends on rushing in, is a bigger threat to Conor than a taller striker with a longer reach and deadly bjj?

Interesting.

You think the shorter guy with shorter reach, who's style depends on rushing in, is a bigger threat to Conor than a taller striker with a longer reach and deadly bjj?

Interesting.
When the fuck has ferguson ever used his reach advantage? A snapping jab? Or rangey kicks?

Or how about defend a belt at all.
From what I can find, he's held at least 4 in his career and never defended any of them.
It seems to be a pattern at this point...
I think that isn't the big deal people make it out to be.

Conor won CW FW and was immediately able to fight for CW LW, so obviously he didn't defend. Then he was invited to the UFC. Worked his way to the FW shot, beat Chad, beat Aldo. Was immediately offered LW shot. RDA withdraws a couple of weeks out from fight, Nate tangent ensues. LW shot granted again. Conor won the LW belt only a very short while ago.

If any other fighter was offered the opportunities Conor was offered and believed enough in themselves, they'd not have defended either.

Last edited:

Interesting.
You're just using hyperbole to describe both guys.

The reality is, we don't know what Khabib's chin is like. If he gets Conor down, it's a long night for him.

That is far more likely than a mediocre striker causing Conor any trouble. If size was the be all and end all, Roop would be champion.

Funny that nobody is mentioning the granite chin and endless cardio of Ferguson. These two attributes alone would be able to drag Conor into deep waters (past the second round lol) and from there on I see Tony starting to piece up Conor just like Nate did in the first fight. Tony is wild and creative, and would probably get hit, but I see him laughing at Conor when he does, just like he did to RDA. Conor's left hand will be rendered useless after two rounds, exhaustion will set in, and Conor will get TKOd or submitted in the same manner as Diaz. Like I said before, pretty easy fight for Tony. He has length, chin, cardio, striking diversity, wrestling, and BJJ advantages over Conor

He gets hit a lot
Doesn't sound good against comeone like Conor with great counter striking who also happens to be faster and has lots of power

Conor's biggest test will be Khabib because he won't even to strike with him

Conor had no problem finding nates chin and not taking to many shots early on in there fights . I don't think Ferguson would win the striking exchanges with mcgregor

And I don't think his chin is of Diaz-esque proportions

Ferrguson and Khabib are both threats, however Khabib is more intimidating from a style perspective.

I'd enjoy watching any of those fighters against each other. Compelling shit.
Agreed. both are tough matchups. i think khabib is the tougher for connor. but strangely i think ferguson has a good chance of beating khabib.

Interesting but I think the fact that he takes punches to land punch spellls doom in the same manner as Eddie both are easy match ups for Conor. Kabib is the 1 that will beat the crap out of Conor up close and grinding him down should be his hardest fight.

NurmagomedovMandelSherdog.jpg

He gets hit a lot
Doesn't sound good against comeone like Conor with great counter striking who also happens to be faster and has lots of power

Conor's biggest test will be Khabib because he won't even to strike with him

Indeed.

There will no fucking around on khabibs part. He will not try and stand with connor, straight for the TD.

In trouble and rocked against Abel.

Reckless and would get picked apart on the feet by Conor. Too technical for him.

But Tony is Conor's biggest challenge i agree.

I would like to see Conor eat a head kick on one leg and recover to go on and win the fight.

What does that even prove posting that over and over? If Conor had problems with Diaz then im sure he would have a lot more with Ferguson.

Diaz will always be the worst possible match up for Conor

Conor had no problem finding nates chin and not taking to many shots early on in there fights . I don't think Ferguson would win the striking exchanges with mcgregor

I would like to add that I think Tony would not just stand and trade with him. He is all over the place when he fights and brings way more pressure than Diaz does.

Back