Conor will fight Tony in 2019

Dana is not the one who sets up fights. Dana has little say in what fights are made. The fans, the hierarchy of management in the UFC, the fighters are who decide who fights who in that order. Dana is just a middle man at this point, he answers questions, makes small decisions and listens to his colleagues and the hierarchy.

With that being said, your clear hatred for Conor is very worrying. You say it's technically his third loss in a row and you count the boxing match with TBE in that, that's very unsportsmanlike of you. Even the most devout Conor haters recognise that TBE loss was not a real loss. If you're gonna go that far, why don't you count both Diaz fights as losses as most haters do?

Why are you so obsessed with another mans self esteem and confidence? Why do you feel that Conor needs to win back his confidence and his fans, whatever that means?
He is in ridiculous shape, with a ridiculous figure in his bank account with a ridiculous following on social media. However bad he is doing, I promise you that your opinion isn't very important to him. If you think he needs to do things to get confidence and get fans back, that's just your opinion about another man.

I, don't give a fuck about Conor's confidence or his fans. In fact, I don't give a fuck about Conor or you. But if I was to evaluate you both and who needs to work on their confidence and get some fans, I would only say one of you. Hint: It's not the multi-millionaire celebrity.

No, St Whogivesafuck Day is not too soon for an MMA fighter who just lost to fight again.
Dana is not the one who sets up fights. Dana has little say in what fights are made. The fans, the hierarchy of management in the UFC, the fighters are who decide who fights who in that order. Dana is just a middle man at this point, he answers questions, makes small decisions and listens to his colleagues and the hierarchy.

With that being said, your clear hatred for Conor is very worrying. You say it's technically his third loss in a row and you count the boxing match with TBE in that, that's very unsportsmanlike of you. Even the most devout Conor haters recognise that TBE loss was not a real loss. If you're gonna go that far, why don't you count both Diaz fights as losses as most haters do?

Why are you so obsessed with another mans self esteem and confidence? Why do you feel that Conor needs to win back his confidence and his fans, whatever that means?
He is in ridiculous shape, with a ridiculous figure in his bank account with a ridiculous following on social media. However bad he is doing, I promise you that your opinion isn't very important to him. If you think he needs to do things to get confidence and get fans back, that's just your opinion about another man.

I, don't give a fuck about Conor's confidence or his fans. In fact, I don't give a fuck about Conor or you. But if I was to evaluate you both and who needs to work on their confidence and get some fans, I would only say one of you. Hint: It's not the multi-millionaire celebrity.

No, St Whogivesafuck Day is not too soon for an MMA fighter who just lost to fight again.

You need therapy.

P.S. check my post history if you think I'm a Conor hater

If something stops the Khabib-Tony fight, best believe they'll make an interim title, and Conor will be the opponent <Oku01>

As much as I’d rather see mcgregor get in line and earn another shot, this is the fight I want to see over all others. It will be a fckin war for 5-10 minutes, am treat for us fans. Then Conor’s in real trouble

I think Conor exposes his extremely sloppy standup. Tony isn't some offensive chain wrestler like Khabib, so this will primarily be a standup war without the threat of the takedown. Pettis had him hurt bad; if Tony lets Conor hit him like that it might be over quick.

He gets dropped every fight and recovers immediately! How many times has he been finished, and what happens when Conor can’t finish an opponent? Tiony will drop the 1st and batter him to a finish anytime from the 2nd onwards

I disagree, he gets clipped every fight, then generally gets the finish himself. The guys never been finished, his recovery when tagged is excellent

He doesn't really have a recovery with the amount of insanity and intensity he brings. I'm surprised he has made it this far with the amount of damage he takes and gives to himself.

He is certainly not completely healthy or symptom free, that's for sure. But that's why it's so exciting to watch, El Cucuy definitely brings it every time.

He gets dropped every fight and recovers immediately! How many times has he been finished, and what happens when Conor can’t finish an opponent? Tiony will drop the 1st and batter him to a finish anytime from the 2nd onwards
I get what you're saying. Pettis and Lando both panicked when they couldn't get the finish

But I'll ask this again: how many times has Tony faced an insane counterpuncher like Conor? One who can land that power shot consistently throughout a fight. Over and over again. Trust me, I'm not a Conor dickrider, you can check my post history. But when I compare their skillsets, I see this looking a lot like the second Diaz fight. I don't think Conor will gas as hard you say. His second wind helped him secure round 4 against Nate. If we learned anything from that fight, is that Conor go 5 rounds striking. He won't have to worry about Tony spamming TDs so he can pace himself accordingly. This fight will be a standup war and I don't favor Tony running into one of those lefts. He'll withstand the first one like you said, but will he be able to take 2, 3, 4, and so on like Nate? I do not think so, which is I why pick Conor.

Last edited:
Mcgregor needs to stay away from Khabib and Tony for now.

For all that Connie did for ufc/wme...

They are and will do the best to keep this going.

My point is revenue.. WME/ WU tang style....
U get my drift...

Nate3 or something less for the immediate.

He’ll be back... but The right opponent helps the sport and him too.

Last edited:
Again, Tony hasn't faced a counterpuncher or finisher like Conor. His recovery is great I agree, but his chin is overrated af. Lando almost finished him. Wasn't as bad against Pettis but he was still rocked and hurt bad. Like I said, Tony is chinny.

This is exactly my point. He's already 34 almost 35 with a shit ton of wars under his belt. He is already in the long term. That chin has packed on mileage and who knows what other injuries he's dealing with on the side. Khabib has the most underrated striking defense in the game. The only time he was hit clean was the MJ fight, after a two year layoff. He is notoriously one of the hardest fighters to land on. Tony is the opposite. He just waltzes into the pocket with his hands low, chin up in the air, no fucks given. When someone moves directly into a punch they multiply the power it generates.

And I'm saying if he's not careful he might get KO'd with one punch before he even gets the chance. It hasn't happened yet; Chuck and Hendo both had legendary chins as well. Once that equilibrium is shattered and you're lying on the floor unconscious, recovery isn't gonna help you before the ref stops the fight.

The thing is, I'm not saying it's IMPOSSIBLE for your scenario to play out. We are talking likelihoods. You are describing Conor literally flatlining Tony to where Tony's recovery doesn't come into play. And using the fact that "Tony hasn't faced a counterpuncher like Conor" as the justification.

The head kick from Lando landed flush on the side of Tony's head, and that hurt Tony worse than anything Pettis did. That one strike from Lando was harder than any punch Conor could land imo. And Tony still recovered. Could the fight with Conor be "the fight" where all of a sudden Tony's chin just gives out and he can't recover? Sure, it's possible. But hypothetically if it is their next fight, to just bank on that is silly to me. Again, not impossible of course but in handicapping it the odds say Tony isn't going to get one shot KO'd by Conor.

From a prediction standpoint, obviously it would be dumb of me to dismiss the idea of Conor getting the KO as impossible. My point is that (again, under the assumption in this thread that this is their next fight) it's far more likely that Tony maybe gets tagged a few times early, but eventually overwhelms Conor with pace, cardio, and swarming volume. I'll never speak in absolutes, and if it came across like I was that's my bad.

Lol at favorable matchup.

Tony beats Conor worst than Diaz did. He'd easily gas Conor out and most likely submits him.

Conor's power only works on midgets.
Pettis dropped Ferguson

Pettis

If they don't make Tony vs Khabib idk what to think anymore.
Kevin Lee said "If They Make The Rematch I Might As Well Retire" and I totally get him. The entire LW div might as well retire because it's not about merit anymore, not about how many fights you win, not about who you beat, no, it's only about the $$$ and the UFC / WME doesn't give a flying fuck about the fighters or the hardcore fans. Might as well call it "World MMA Entertainment" and dress everyone up in colorful costumes.

conor nate 3, and hope tony derails khabib to set up tony conor for the belt in 2019

I get what you're saying. Pettis and Lando both panicked when they couldn't get the finish

But I'll ask this again: how many times has Tony faced an insane counterpuncher like Conor? One who can land that power shot consistently throughout a fight. Over and over again. Trust me, I'm not a Conor dickrider, you can check my post history. But when I compare their skillsets, I see this looking a lot like the second Diaz fight. I don't think Conor will gas as hard you say. His second wind helped him secure round 4 against Nate. If we learned anything from that fight, is that Conor go 5 rounds striking. He won't have to worry about Tony spamming TDs so he can pace himself accordingly. This fight will be standup war and I don't favor Tony running into one of those lefts. He'll withstand the first one like you said, but will he be able to take 2, 3, 4, and so on like Nate? I do not think so, which is I why pick Conor.

This is a common misperception about Tony too, that he only prefers to strike and is great off his back but doesn't initiate grappling sequences. Please go watch his fight with another excellent striker in Barboza and how Tony uses the Imanari roll to force the grappling exchange. Or better yet go watch Tony's fights with Trujillo and Tibau (and Lando) and how brilliant Tony's front headlock to snapdown is. There are a TON of sequences in Conor's rematch with Nate where they are in close quarters and Conor is visibly tired. Nate level changed a couple times for traditional TD's, but those spots are where Tony grabs ahold of that front headlock and from there you can figure out what happens.

Thinking Conor can just manage his energy usage easily because Tony won't look to grapple is a mistake.

The only fight Tony should take is for belt. He is still champ since no one took his belt off him. They stripped it for injury. Tyron held out for almost 2 years to get his shot. Tony probably think about doing same thing. He's 14-1 in UFC and 10-0 streak. Way better record than anyone in history of UFC not given title fight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back