Conor will fight Tony in 2019

andrikkis7

Rikudō Sennin
@Blue
Reaction score
I do not for a second believe that Dana will set up a rematch between Conor and Khabib next. Dana knows that the result will be the same and I don't think that he wants his golden goose to end up with two (technically three) consecutive loses.

Conor needs to beat an elite opponent to win back both his confidence and his fans. The only fighter who meets the criteria is Tony and he is (kind of) a favourable match-up for Conor since he gets rocked a lot.

Is st paddy's day too soon?

nah

Maybe Diaz #3

Khabib V Ferg
if not (or after)
Khabib vs Georges

I think Tony beats him. So, they need to cash in on the Conor-Nate trilogy before someone else wrecks Conor.

I'd imagine they want a more winnable fight for Conor if that's their thinking. Top 10 guy yeah but not a terminator like Tony.

I don't think Conor even wants to fight again this year.

Make Tony and Khabib. Although Tony will need some time after that brutal and spectacular fight

I think Tony beats him. So, they need to cash in on the Conor-Nate trilogy before someone else wrecks Conor.

I agree

In many ways tony has similar strengths to nate - great cardio, length, durability, good on the feet, excellent on the ground. He’s just a far tougher fight for Conor and far more hurtful than nate! I think tony is a horrible matchup for mcgregor and there is no way this fight gets made unless it’s for the title

Tony wants the payday hed fight conor before khabib imo

But conors gotta ask for the fight

I agree

In many ways tony has similar strengths to nate - great cardio, length, durability, good on the feet, excellent on the ground. He’s just a far tougher fight for Conor and far more hurtful than nate! I think tony is a horrible matchup for mcgregor and there is no way this fight gets made unless it’s for the title
If something stops the Khabib-Tony fight, best believe they'll make an interim title, and Conor will be the opponent <Oku01>

I honestly think the Nate trilogy will be the play. If he loses though, say goodnight Irene. Conor's stock will plummet.

Lol at favorable matchup.

Tony beats Conor worst than Diaz did. He'd easily gas Conor out and most likely submits him.

Conor's power only works on midgets.

Tony beats Conor worst than Diaz did. He'd easily gas Conor out and most likely submits him.

I agree but same with t rex arms Khabib who is a welterweight fighting at lightweight killing himself with weight cuts to be a weight bully cause Woodley would beat him

I agree but same with t rex arms Khabib who is a welterweight fighting at lightweight killing himself with weight cuts to be a weight bully cause Woodley would beat him
With t-rex arms?

<{walkerwhut}>

Who cares though, we aren't even talking about Khabib.

I hope so... It would be a very interesting fight.

We've seen fighters with much less powerful hands than Conor drop Tony though so Conor could capitalize on that.

I think Conor exposes his extremely sloppy standup. Tony isn't some offensive chain wrestler like Khabib, so this will primarily be a standup war without the threat of the takedown. Pettis had him hurt bad; if Tony lets Conor hit him like that it might be over quick.

Last edited:
Tony is the only current threat to Khabib. Conor will wait and take an easier fight (Nate, Dustin, Jose) while Tony fights Khabib. Tony vs Conor for the belt is the fight to make, if Tony can beat Khabib.

That's Conors best chance of being LW champ again IMO. Despite Conor still saying he wants an immediate rematch, I don't believe him. Its all just PR Conor wants an easy win I guarantee it.

Wtf?

Why should tony have to fight a fighter with two defeats in a row?

Titlefight is the only thing next for tony.

End of discussion.

Back