Conor will fight Tony in 2019

Pettis dropped Ferguson

Pettis

Conor could too for sure. Tony can be knocked down, absolutely. How did it work out for Pettis? Or Lando (who landed the flush head kick on Tony)?

Not happening ever, unless Tony donkey punches Dee and drop kicks Conor Jr.

Here is are the only fights we will see Conor take:

Khabib rematch
Nate trilogy
May rematch
GSP
165 lb title fight
Another possible big name fight, like Andy at catch weight if the numbers are there

He is done climbing the ladder, accomplished all his dreams and everything here on out is used as a marketing tool for P12 or is just cream on top to pad the bank account. His CW days show you how he rolls: he only goes up and out, on to better things, does not take backstops, give rematches to guys he smoked, does not fight contenders unless they result in massive pay days and bring something to the table like Nate on short notice.

Conor is perpetually 1 fight away from being finished, thus Dana will just have him fight the biggest possible money fight he can make ... even if it makes zero sense.

Conor could too for sure. Tony can be knocked down, absolutely. How did it work out for Pettis? Or Lando (who landed the flush head kick on Tony)?
Point is that conor is a lot different

Pettis dropped Ferguson

Pettis
So?

Out of 27 fights, name me one person who knocked out Ferguson?

It's not Conor and his overrated power that would change that.

Conor is 1-1 at 155.

So?

Out of 27 fights, name me one person who knocked out Ferguson?

It's not Conor and his overrated power that would change that.

Conor is 1-1 at 155.
He's obviously susceptible to it and Conor is THE guy who would do it at that division, especially with tonys march forward style

If Pettis drops you with his hands, you have a defensive issue and a chin issue

He gets dropped every fight and recovers immediately!
The problem with this line of reasoning is that even the strongest chins have a tendency of getting cracked and Tony is not a young man, his chin has endured a lot of wear and tear.

Point is that conor is a lot different

He's less capable on the mat than Pettis. If Conor is able to knock Tony down, he will want no part of Tony on the ground. Meaning no follow up.

He's obviously susceptible to it and Conor is THE guy who would do it at that division, especially with tonys march forward style

If Pettis drops you with his hands, you have a defensive issue and a chin issue
Lol. Conor is not "The guy".

Khabib is the guy to beat Ferguson.

Conor's power only work on manlets. His punches didn't even faze Khabib.

Plus, bringing up the fact that Ferguson has been knocked down is a bullshit argument. How many times has he been finished is the real argument.

I get what you're saying. Pettis and Lando both panicked when they couldn't get the finish

But I'll ask this again: how many times has Tony faced an insane counterpuncher like Conor? One who can land that power shot consistently throughout a fight. Over and over again. Trust me, I'm not a Conor dickrider, you can check my post history. But when I compare their skillsets, I see this looking a lot like the second Diaz fight. I don't think Conor will gas as hard you say. His second wind helped him secure round 4 against Nate. If we learned anything from that fight, is that Conor go 5 rounds striking. He won't have to worry about Tony spamming TDs so he can pace himself accordingly. This fight will be standup war and I don't favor Tony running into one of those lefts. He'll withstand the first one like you said, but will he be able to take 2, 3, 4, and so on like Nate? I do not think so, which is I why pick Conor.

We’ll agree to disagree then dude.

Conor’s power isn’t the same against these bigger guys. He has 1 finish in 4 fights against LWs. At fw he was sparking everyone but Max. I don’t think he knocks tony out, and that is the key to the fight. If he can he has to do it early. He’ll be fighting at a pace he’s never fought at before and his cardio is pony. He will be gassing in the 2nd. I guaruntee it

People are underestimating Tony’s durability. Getting dropped is not an issue if you can recover straight away, which he does. And Conor won’t be following him to the ground either. Pettis dropped him hard but tony was aware immediately and wasn’t in any danger of being finished. I expect conor to drop him and I think the fight will look like the first Diaz fight, only Conor’s going to take a heavier beating

He's less capable on the mat than Pettis. If Conor is able to knock Tony down, he will want no part of Tony on the ground. Meaning no follow up.
Doesn't matter really, either finish him with GNP or let him back up

Didn't help Anthony, anyway
Lol. Conor is not "The guy".

Khabib is the guy to beat Ferguson.

Conor's power only work on manlets. His punches didn't even faze Khabib.

Plus, bringing up the fact that Ferguson has been knocked down is a bullshit argument. How many times has he been finished is the real argument.
Khabib could beat him, but that's irrelevant to this discussion

Conor has a lot better boxing and power than anybody who had tony in trouble. Conor has serious power against anybody in the three divisions he's fought in. Being dropped and wobbled multiple, multiple times means a LOT when it comes to your chances of being KO'd.

Ask Dustin Poirier, he'd also been dropped and wobbled multiple times before facing Conor and taking his first (T)KO loss.

This is a common misperception about Tony too, that he only prefers to strike and is great off his back but doesn't initiate grappling sequences. Please go watch his fight with another excellent striker in Barboza and how Tony uses the Imanari roll to force the grappling exchange. Or better yet go watch Tony's fights with Trujillo and Tibau (and Lando) and how brilliant Tony's front headlock to snapdown is. There are a TON of sequences in Conor's rematch with Nate where they are in close quarters and Conor is visibly tired. Nate level changed a couple times for traditional TD's, but those spots are where Tony grabs ahold of that front headlock and from there you can figure out what happens.

Thinking Conor can just manage his energy usage easily because Tony won't look to grapple is a mistake.

He ran for large parts of that 2nd fight because he was fcked, to try and conserve his energy. Nate has slow feet and couldn’t close that gap or control the fight. Tony won’t allow that to happen. The pace tony fights at is ridiculous.
Imo khabib looks like his worst matchup up at lw on paper but I think tony gives him a far harder fight

Conor has a lot better boxing and power than anybody who had tony in trouble. Conor has serious power against anybody in the three divisions he's fought in. Being dropped and wobbled multiple, multiple times means a LOT when it comes to your chances of being KO'd.

Ask Dustin Poirier, he'd also been dropped and wobbled multiple times before facing Conor and taking his first (T)KO loss.
He fought Dustin at FW.

Either way, I think you are overrating Conor's power just like all of his nuthuggers.

Tony outworks him and possibly submits him. I can't see how Conor wins that fight.

We will have to agree to disagree

He fought Dustin at FW.

Either way, I think you are overrating Conor's power just like all of his nuthuggers.

Tony outworks him and possibly submits him. I can't see how Conor wins that fight.

We will have to agree to disagree
Tony's a come forward fighter, willing to strike, a questionable chin and shaky legs

If Conor wins, it'll be ugly, just like the Alvarez fight

You must be out of your God damn mind if you think Tony is a favorable match-up for McGregor..? Can't believe people still misted by the myth of Conor.

Getting dropped isn’t a slight on your durability, it’s how quickly you recover from it. It’s laughable that you’re questioning his chin when he’s never been finished.
In his last 5 he’s beaten 2 former lw champs, the best striker in the division other than Conor and the best prospect, finishing 3 of them. He ain’t fighting mugs
Also Connor hasn’t got serious power at WW at all. And he is a big hitter at LW but guys are taking it. He should’ve stayed at FW

Tony's a come forward fighter, willing to strike, a questionable chin and shaky legs

If Conor wins, it'll be ugly, just like the Alvarez fight
The thing is, when Alvarez gets hit he doesn't know how to recover. Him and Tony are not even comparable.

Tony is a master at recovering and pulling off slick moves possibly even turning it around in a submission. Conor has no gas tank.

Tony has fought much more well rounded fighters than Conor. And like I said, Conor's power is nothing out of the ordinary, especially at 155. He just has good precision and that's all.

It’s laughable that you’re questioning his chin when he’s never been finished
Cmon man

Of course tony has good recovery. But if you have been dropped and/or wobbled repeatedly and consistently, including against guys without serious power, your chin should be questioned

His chin is absolutely suspect, he's the epitome of a suspect chin.

I disagree, he gets clipped every fight, then generally gets the finish himself. The guys never been finished, his recovery when tagged is excellent
True but it seems like it's a matter of time. Tony is a tough fight for anyone though. For him not to get the next shot is ridiculous since
Kevin Lee said "If They Make The Rematch I Might As Well Retire" and I totally get him. The entire LW div might as well retire because it's not about merit anymore, not about how many fights you win, not about who you beat, no, it's only about the $$$ and the UFC / WME doesn't give a flying fuck about the fighters or the hardcore fans. Might as well call it "World MMA Entertainment" and dress everyone up in colorful costumes.
Yeah but even that fight would sell well I believe, obviously not as well as Conor fighting but it might be good to give Conor someone else to get him back on his feet before the rematch anyways,

You let Tony back up, he's fine by the time hes standing. Conor tries to follow up with GNP and he's tied up and probably getting subbed.

Back