Conor will fight Tony in 2019

Not a rumour, not media, not a question and not confirmed.

What tag would this be given in the new Sherdog system? 'Fantasy', 'IHadADream', or 'PulledOutOfMyAss' would be my suggestions.

We've seen fighters with much less powerful hands than Conor drop Tony so Conor could capitalize on that.
So?

Did Tony ever get knocked out?

How well did Pettis capitalize on that? What about all the other guys before?

Conor has no power at 155. He's really average. Tony makes easy work of him.

I do not for a second believe that Dana will set up a rematch between Conor and Khabib next. Dana knows that the result will be the same and I don't think that he wants his golden goose to end up with two (technically three) consecutive loses.

Conor needs to beat an elite opponent to win back both his confidence and his fans. The only fighter who meets the criteria is Tony and he is (kind of) a favourable match-up for Conor since he gets rocked a lot.

Is st paddy's day too soon?
Its the same same.
1 and half round to hit a perfect timed left and let Herbie Dean call it a night early,so to avoid the need to get purposefully “blind” when anything else happens later.after that?Tony puts a beating on a gassed,slow McG.
IDT Tony would jump face first if he fights Connie.
He is crazy not stupid.

We've seen fighters with much less powerful hands than Conor drop Tony though so Conor could capitalize on that.

Right and Tony recovers instantly. You think Conor would follow him to the ground if he did manage a knockdown? No way is he risking getting trapped in Tony's guard.

Tony likely wears Conor down and swarms him for the finish rd 3 or 4. Nate keeps a good pace for sure but it's not the frenetic craziness that Tony brings when he feels his opponent tiring. I can't imagine Conor surviving it.

I don't think Conor even wants to fight again this year.

Make Tony and Khabib. Although Tony will need some time after that brutal and spectacular fight
lol. I'm sure Tony is back to training 110%.

With t-rex arms?

<{walkerwhut}>

Who cares though, we aren't even talking about Khabib.
yeah his arms are too short to fight Welterweight, he's got a featherweight reach, with a welterweight body killing itself to fight at lightweight #weightbully

Tony likely wears Conor down and swarms him for the finish rd 3 or 4. Nate keeps a good pace for sure but it's not the frenetic craziness that Tony brings when he feels his opponent tiring. I can't imagine Conor surviving it.
Tony might push a higher pace but Nate can take punches much better. Nate wouldn't get dropped by a Pettis right hand. Tony's chin is so overrated on here. Pretty soon that shit is gonna cash out and retire. He's a chinny fighter with insane recovery. He's also been hurt and almost finished by lesser fighters. Tony has yet to face an insane counterpuncher like Conor. One of these days his lights will go out before he gets a chance to do that imanari roll.

Last edited:

yeah his arms are too short to fight Welterweight, he's got a featherweight reach, with a welterweight body killing itself to fight at lightweight #weightbully
I don't agree. But that's beside the point. What does this have to do with this thread?

Tony might push a higher pace but Nate can take punches much better. Nate wouldn't get dropped by a Pettis right hand. Tony's chin is so overrated on here. Pretty soon that shit is gonna cash out and retire. He's a chinny fighter with insane recovery. One of these days his lights will go out before he gets a chance to do that imanari roll.
Nate hasn't had high damage in one round, do that and he's done

Tony would beat Conor this would be a great matchup though.

I don't agree but that's beside the point. What does this have to do with this thread?
Well your better agree because it's correct.

Someone else said Conor fights smaller guys well so does Khabib. Conor exploits reach Khabib exploits weight.

He should be fighting at welterweight so he isn't nearly calling every fight off at the weight cut stage. But he's too scared.

If he's such a great wrestler why is GSP eyeballing him, GSP knows too that Khabib will get wrecked at Welterweight

I do not for a second believe that Dana will set up a rematch between Conor and Khabib next. Dana knows that the result will be the same and I don't think that he wants his golden goose to end up with two (technically three) consecutive loses.

Conor needs to beat an elite opponent to win back both his confidence and his fans. The only fighter who meets the criteria is Tony and he is (kind of) a favourable match-up for Conor since he gets rocked a lot.

I honestly think Conor will want the Diaz match. It's a winnable fight, especially that Diaz hasn't fought at that weight, or any weight for that matter for so long. The cut might be tough for him.

Conor and Diaz would still do big numbers, but it will need a tour. Or at least a couple of trashy press conferences for everyone to lap it up.

I agree

In many ways tony has similar strengths to nate - great cardio, length, durability, good on the feet, excellent on the ground. He’s just a far tougher fight for Conor and far more hurtful than nate! I think tony is a horrible matchup for mcgregor and there is no way this fight gets made unless it’s for the title
True but Tony get's clipped in almost every fight

Conor is smart, he doesn't want that fight, if he doesn't get the rematch I think he will fight Nate and then Hebab again

Tony might push a higher pace but Nate can take punches much better. Nate wouldn't get dropped by a Pettis right hand. Tony's chin is so overrated on here. Pretty soon that shit is gonna cash out and retire. He's a chinny fighter with insane recovery. He's also been hurt and almost finished by lesser fighters. Tony has yet to face an insane counterpuncher like Conor. One of these days his lights will go out before he gets a chance to do that imanari roll.

When was Tony "almost finished"? I've seen all of his fights multiple times. As you said he has amazing recovery and every time he's been stung not only does he recover well, he recovers INSTANTLY.

Long term his style probably isn't sustainable if we are talking about years down the road. As of now though Tony just drowns Conor with pace and pressure.

Not to mention that there is zero worry for Tony on the mat. So all of Tony's crazy rolls and entries are in play to get ahold of Conor and force grappling exchanges.

Dana is not the one who sets up fights. Dana has little say in what fights are made. The fans, the hierarchy of management in the UFC, the fighters are who decide who fights who in that order. Dana is just a middle man at this point, he answers questions, makes small decisions and listens to his colleagues and the hierarchy.

With that being said, your clear hatred for Conor is very worrying. You say it's technically his third loss in a row and you count the boxing match with TBE in that, that's very unsportsmanlike of you. Even the most devout Conor haters recognise that TBE loss was not a real loss. If you're gonna go that far, why don't you count both Diaz fights as losses as most haters do?

Why are you so obsessed with another mans self esteem and confidence? Why do you feel that Conor needs to win back his confidence and his fans, whatever that means?
He is in ridiculous shape, with a ridiculous figure in his bank account with a ridiculous following on social media. However bad he is doing, I promise you that your opinion isn't very important to him. If you think he needs to do things to get confidence and get fans back, that's just your opinion about another man.

I, don't give a fuck about Conor's confidence or his fans. In fact, I don't give a fuck about Conor or you. But if I was to evaluate you both and who needs to work on their confidence and get some fans, I would only say one of you. Hint: It's not the multi-millionaire celebrity.

No, St Whogivesafuck Day is not too soon for an MMA fighter who just lost to fight again.

When was Tony "almost finished"? I've seen all of his fights multiple times. As you said he has amazing recovery and every time he's been stung not only does he recover well, he recovers INSTANTLY.
Again, Tony hasn't faced a counterpuncher or finisher like Conor. His recovery is great I agree, but his chin is overrated af. Lando almost finished him. Wasn't as bad against Pettis but he was still rocked and hurt bad. Like I said, Tony is chinny.

Long term his style probably isn't sustainable if we are talking about years down the road. As of now though Tony just drowns Conor with pace and pressure.
This is exactly my point. He's already 34 almost 35 with a shit ton of wars under his belt. He is already in the long term. That chin has packed on mileage and who knows what other injuries he's dealing with on the side. Khabib has the most underrated striking defense in the game. The only time he was hit clean was the MJ fight, after a two year layoff. He is notoriously one of the hardest fighters to land on. Tony is the opposite. He just waltzes into the pocket with his hands low, chin up in the air, no fucks given. When someone moves directly into a punch they multiply the power it generates.

Not to mention that there is zero worry for Tony on the mat. So all of Tony's crazy rolls and entries are in play to get ahold of Conor and force grappling exchanges.
And I'm saying if he's not careful he might get KO'd with one punch before he even gets the chance. It hasn't happened yet; Chuck and Hendo both had legendary chins as well. Once that equilibrium is shattered and you're lying on the floor unconscious, recovery isn't gonna help you before the ref stops the fight.

Last edited:
Back