Conor vs. a 40 year old counterpuncher on several year layoff who may be faded and or shot....

Then you are an idiot! I wouldn't even give a single WW Boxer in the world a 15% chance of beating Floyd, never mind Conor who wouldn't even be top 50
That's a rational response. *raises glass*

Even if Conor some how beats Floyd, it would go down as a fix because of how unlikely that scenario would be. So, it's effectively a lose lose for Conor... apart from that 100 million or so LOL.

Floyd is -2250 favourite (95.7% odds to win). It's a 49-0 fighter who ha basically never been hurt against every great pro boxer of this era, fighting an 0-0 fighter who doesn't even have 1 amateur boxing match. It would be a monumental upset.

There is an argument for Buster being bigger I guess - strictly by the numbers...42 to 1 is obviously far bigger than 10 to 1. Everyone forgets Buster was down for 13 seconds, but whatever.

Conor has a punchers chance against a guy that barely gets hit.

Remember what Conor said man "nobody can take that left hand."

Floyd's a natural FW and Conor hits like a MW.
Lmfao

Just shut the fuck up from now on.

A handful of fights which he took shots in. Most of his career he barely got hit.
Well yeah, but you said "whole career" so I mistakenly took you literally.

I tend not to exaggerate, so I take people too literally sometimes.

HAHA you think Conor would win the fucking mind games? Do you know nothing about Floyd? He can't be fazed in a ring mentally. He is one of the toughest athletes mentally ever. If anything Conor would be mentally fazed because Floyd is basically the guy Conor wants to be

And by boxing standards Conor has SHIT -movement and accuracy

The same exacts words were said about Aldo, and to some degree about Eddie

Floyd has been retired and surrounded by yes men. He is not the same tough and hungry fighter he once was.

While I am a fan of Conor's, and would like to see this fight... let's not fool ourselves here... he is NOT a boxer, he is an MMA fighter. There is obviously carry over, but Floyd Mayweather is a brilliant boxer who is going to toy with McGregor in the ring.

Does Conor have a punchers chance? Sure.. but Floyd does not stand and trade, he is slick, and he punishes fighters for every missed shot... his movement is exceptional. The chances he catches Floyd is very, very, very unlikely.

Could Floyd have suddenly gotten old, or not take the fight seriously? Sure... which would matter if the guy he was facing was named Canelo or Cotto... but even an old, shopworn, disinterest version of Mayweather is going to make Conor look like an amateur boxer.

Could Conor pull off a "Buster Douglas'? Well, not really comparable. Conor McGregor has never fought a professional boxer, not one ranked in the top 100, top 10.. and he is going to be facing the P4P best fighter of the last 10 years... Buster Douglas was an under-rated boxer, who beat some of the best HW's of his time, he was a big enough to hold off Tyson from bully him, and his jab was probably the best in the division at the time.

Conor would crush Floyd in seconds in an MMA fight.. or even a modified rules fight.. if kicks were allowed... but that is not what is being discussed.. it is not a knock on the Irishman.. I give him all the credit in the world... but when it is all said and done... Floyd will toy with Conor...

Floyd is -2250 favourite (95.7% odds to win). It's a 49-0 fighter who ha basically never been hurt against every great pro boxer of this era, fighting an 0-0 fighter who doesn't even have 1 amateur boxing match. It would be a monumental upset.

There is an argument for Buster being bigger I guess - strictly by the numbers...42 to 1 is obviously far bigger than 10 to 1. Everyone forgets Buster was down for 13 seconds, but whatever.

Because he was going off the refs count. He just would have got up sooner if the count was on point

Shor? Connor's been hit and rocked more by Nate's stockton slap than Floyd has over a long stretch.
Tiny like 5'4' Marcus Brimage has connected more solid shots on conor than Floyd has taken from much bigger elite level boxers.

It's hilarious that people are already making excuses in case Conor wins.
Where is that happening.? By who?

The same exacts words were said about Aldo, and to some degree about Eddie

Floyd has been retired and surrounded by yes men. He is not the same tough and hungry fighter he once was.

Conor got beat by fucking brain dead Nate Diaz in the mental battle. He isn't fazing the guy who is in a class with Michael Jordan for mentally strongest athletes ever. I love Aldo, but he isn't Floyd.

Floyd has been surrounded by yes men his entire career. Hasn't changed that he has incredible Boxing awareness and IQ and is unbelievably tough mentally. Mentally Conor would be at a HUGE disadvantage and anyone who follows both would know this

Floyd prob wins 120-108 on all 3 cards, but.....

I mean "if" Conor lands one shot, is it really the biggest upset in fight sport history?

I think short camp, overweight, mom just died Buster Douglas over a prime Tyson, after getting off the deck in round 8, was unfathomablly bigger.

200.webp

Remember what Conor said man "nobody can take that left hand."

Floyd's a natural FW and Conor hits like a MW.

Who gives two pennies what Conor said but you? It's somehow law because Conor said it? Take that sh!t down the street.

Mcgregor isnt the biggest puncher Mayweather has ever faced.

It is one thing to KO guys with 4 oz gloves who dont know how to box.

Its another to do it with boxing gloves

You forgot to add the part about doing it in boxing gloves with a really good quality boxer, facts matter....

Not me.
I remember.
I was a huge a Tyson fan and it still pisses me off.
Changed history, really.

A rousey level once ever upset

Conor was hovering around +700 and is rapidly improving, really not that big of an underdog. Holly Holm was less favored.
The mma fans really are retarded in that case. His last fight wasn't even 2 years ago and he was still pretty sharp. He isn't getting beaten at a sport he's been doing for the better part of 30 years with around 25 of those fighting. oh and by fighting I mean dodging, blocking and counter punching all day. He has taken less damage in his entire career than robbie lawler has taken in 1 fight.

Not me.
I remember.
I was a huge a Tyson fan and it still pisses me off.
Changed history, really.
You know Buster was just reacting to the refs count right? You know he would have just stood up sooner if the count was on point right?

Conor got beat by fucking brain dead Nate Diaz in the mental battle. He isn't fazing the guy who is in a class with Michael Jordan for mentally strongest athletes ever. I love Aldo, but he isn't Floyd.

Floyd has been surrounded by yes men his entire career. Hasn't changed that he has incredible Boxing awareness and IQ and is unbelievably tough mentally. Mentally Conor would be at a HUGE disadvantage and anyone who follows both would know this

I'm laughing that Aldo and Eddie fukking Alvarez were referenced in comparison to Floyd in regards to mental warfare.

Eddie Alvarez???

Last fought in late 2015 "several year lay off"

Back