Conor vs. a 40 year old counterpuncher on several year layoff who may be faded and or shot....

Size matters less in boxing, speed is a more dominant factor. Floyd is not only faster cause he has superior boxing, he is naturally fast.

Floyd would beat Mcgregor even if he had to take a wheelchair to the ring.

You mean Floyd vs an over confident, overaggressive, megalomaniac, coming off of a 28 year pro boxing layoff?

Nah. I like Conor, but it would be the biggest upset in combat sports history to my knowledge.

There have been fighters with cross-sport success at the highest level, like Khaosai Galaxy, to name one, but he had many, many boxing bouts at a lower level before challenging for the belt. Let's not pretend this is just any belt holder Conor would be facing either - it's an established, undefeated, ATG.

I doubt the fight happens. I doubt even more that Conor would win. If he did though, yeah, it would be without precedent.

Literally the only floyd fight anyone would buy. Floyd is a 500k ppv fighter at this point in his career and Conor will change his bum life

Remember what Conor said man "nobody can take that left hand."

Floyd's a natural FW and Conor hits like a MW.

Meh. When's the last time he knocked a guy out with a left hand to the shoulder? That's the real test.

mayweather-im.-1.gif

(Just noticing this is a Zombie Prophet gif...)

Meh. When's the last time he knocked a guy out with a left hand to the shoulder? That's the real test.

mayweather-im.-1.gif

(Just noticing this is a Zombie Prophet gif...)
That is a right hand to the shoulder. The shoulder roll doesn't work so well against lefties.

Floyd prob wins 120-108 on all 3 cards, but.....

I mean if Conor lands one shot, is it really the biggest upset in fight sport history?

I think short camp, overweight, mom just died Buster Douglas over a prime Tyson, after getting off the deck in round 8, was unfathomablly bigger.

Even at 40, Floyd is a MUCH better boxer then Tyson and obviously Buster Douglas is a MUCH better Boxer then Conor

Remember what Conor said man "nobody can take that left hand."

Floyd's a natural FW and Conor hits like a MW.
Boxing rules with 4oz gloves would be fairer and more interesting.

That is a right hand to the shoulder. The shoulder roll doesn't work so well against lefties.

Floyd wouldn't even use the shoulder roll against Conor. He would box nothing like he normally does because for the first time in like 20 years he would be Boxing a terrible boxer. Floyd would probably box like he did vs Cotto in the 12th round but more aggressive and more showboating

Boxing rules with 4oz gloves would be fairer and more interesting.

It would be even more embarrassing for Conor. It would only make Floyd even more accurate. Conor isn't hitting Floyd no matter what size gloves he is wearing

Mind games, power, accuracy and movement of Conor can get him a win. But his cardio worries me if the fight goes over 4-5 rounds.

HAHA you think Conor would win the fucking mind games? Do you know nothing about Floyd? He can't be fazed in a ring mentally. He is one of the toughest athletes mentally ever. If anything Conor would be mentally fazed because Floyd is basically the guy Conor wants to be

And by boxing standards Conor has SHIT movement and accuracy

You mean Floyd vs an over confident, overaggressive, megalomaniac, coming off of a 28 year pro boxing layoff?

Conor isn't confident in this fight at all. Its all about Money. Conor is not an idiot. He knows he has no chance of beating Floyd

It would be even more embarrassing for Conor. It would only make Floyd even more accurate. Conor isn't hitting Floyd no matter what size gloves he is wearing
I agree but if you want to give him the best puncher's chance, 4oz gloves would be better.

It's hilarious that people are already making excuses in case Conor wins.

Conor isn't confident in this fight at all. Its all about Money. Conor is not an idiot. He knows he has no chance of beating Floyd
He has a punchers chance, I'd estimate around 15%.

jesus fucking christ every thread i click on about this fight makes me dumber

so i keep clicking on them

eventually i will be making them

I was talking about Floyd taking punishment in some of his younger days, and as late as Marcos Maidana I and Miguel Cotto.
A handful of fights which he took shots in. Most of his career he barely got hit.

He has a punchers chance, I'd estimate around 15%.

Then you are an idiot! I wouldn't even give a single WW Boxer in the world a 15% chance of beating Floyd, never mind Conor who wouldn't even be top 50

Back