Conor McGregor's Head Coach Tweets about Conor's Coming Future.

Hey Conor just clearly dominated n'5 ranked lw, he has earned the titleshot ! And he shouldn't be stripped of the fw title, Cain went 1 year and a half without defending his title and without being getting stripped. Conor is the biggest draw, he should be able to decide of everything.
Noooot

Cerrone vs Alvarez and McGregor vs Aldo sounds good to me. I'd like to see McGregor rematch Aldo and Aldo deserves his rematch, but I wouldn't be unhappy if McGregor fought for the LW title either. Then Aldo could fight Holloway and win or lose McGregor could fight the winner between those two.
I personally think that either way the FW division is pretty fucked. If Conor remains the champion then he will probably be very inactive in defending it, and the division is held up. If Aldo becomes champion (and I think that's most likely) then the division has to deal with low PPV buys, a champion that people consider fake, and having Aldo pull out a lot. The only hope for the FW division (imo) is Max Holloway.

Hey Conor just clearly dominated n'5 ranked lw, he has earned the titleshot ! And he shouldn't be stripped of the fw title, Cain went 1 year and a half without defending his title and without being getting stripped. Conor is the biggest draw, he should be able to decide of everything.
Noooot
But some of that is at least half true.

But some of that is at least half true.
It was supposed to be that way, and that's pretty much how the ufc could 'justify' Conor fighting for 155 title without getting stripped.

But if you look closer, rankings is just a tool that the ufc uses to manipulate the people's opinions and Cain not being stripped just because he was supposed to open the Mexican market to the ufc was utter bullshit (that made alot of noise on here).
And if you want seem somewhat a legit sport, your starpower shouldn't get you that much of advantages from the ufc

It was supposed to be that way, and that's pretty much how the ufc could 'justify' Conor fighting for 155 title without getting stripped.

But if you look closer, rankings is just a tool that the ufc uses to manipulate the people's opinions and Cain not being stripped just because he was supposed to open the Mexican market to the ufc was utter bullshit (that made alot of noise on here).
And if you want seem somewhat a legit sport, your starpower shouldn't get you that much of advantages from the ufc
Oh sorry, I thought you were just straight up trolling.

I mean I think Nate is a top 5 contender, but not ranked in the top 5 LW's. If you take the champ out of the mix then he's probably just at number 5. I still think that's enough to justify a title shot, but as long as he vacates his FW belt. Unfortunately, there's more to consider than just what's fair. There's money to be made and Conor is 100% the best money maker in the sport. UFC is the business and MMA is the sport. UFC has to choose the best business decisions sometimes as much as it might not be the right thing for the other fighters.

He is fucking nuts if he wants a direct 155 title.

Rematch with Aldo and if he wins then move to a 155 contender fight.

Especially considering he just recently got his ass beat by a lower ranked 155 contender...yeah, yeah people, at 170, doesn't stop the fact that Diaz is a lot better at 155 than he is at 170.

If Aldo becomes champion (and I think that's most likely) then the division has to deal with low PPV buys, a champion that people consider fake
Why would people consider Aldo a fake champ if he beats Conor? That makes no sense...

Why would people consider Aldo a fake champ if he beats Conor? That makes no sense...
Sorry I meant that if Conor vacates and Aldo is champion for that part.

Oh sorry, I thought you were just straight up trolling.

I mean I think Nate is a top 5 contender, but not ranked in the top 5 LW's. If you take the champ out of the mix then he's probably just at number 5. I still think that's enough to justify a title shot, but as long as he vacates his FW belt. Unfortunately, there's more to consider than just what's fair. There's money to be made and Conor is 100% the best money maker in the sport. UFC is the business and MMA is the sport. UFC has to choose the best business decisions sometimes as much as it might not be the right thing for the other fighters.
I was trolling but this trolling might be what the ufc comes up with to make proplr think everything is normal. And nate diaz might be a top 5 guy in the rankings but he gets destroyed but everybody above him and probably gets beaten by some under him

I was trolling but this trolling might be what the ufc comes up with to make proplr think everything is normal. And nate diaz might be a top 5 guy in the rankings but he gets destroyed but everybody above him and probably gets beaten by some under him
Well seeing as Pettis is now at FW and Cerrone is now at WW, the only challenges he has bellow him are Poirier,Chiesa, and Brooks. I'd also argue that Diaz would give Barboza a tough fight and he's ranked one place above him according to the UFC rankings.

[
Well seeing as Pettis is now at FW and Cerrone is now at WW, the only challenges he has bellow him are Poirier,Chiesa, and Brooks. I'd also argue that Diaz would give Barboza a tough fight and he's ranked one place above him according to the UFC rankings.
Diaz is a tough fight for everybody because of his skill and resistance but the blueprint is out there and is a pretty simple one. Pettis and Cerrone are still ranked so I suppose we can still count them; in a rematch Johnson could win (if not carried away by his emotions against diaz ala cerrone) and i think there are few other guys who could outkick him and/or outwrestles him like khabilov. Everyone can give Barboza a tough fight because unfortunately his chin is a liability.

[

Diaz is a tough fight for everybody because of his skill and resistance but the blueprint is out there and is a pretty simple one. Pettis and Cerrone are still ranked so I suppose we can still count them; in a rematch Johnson could win (if not carried away by his emotions against diaz ala cerrone) and i think there are few other guys who could outkick him and/or outwrestles him like khabilov. Everyone can give Barboza a tough fight because unfortunately his chin is a liability.
You gotta think that some of the people that take Diaz down don't have the ground game to defend Diaz's BJJ, right? I would think that Khabilov would get subbed if he wants to play that game. There's so many if's and but's to the LW division though. It's a real tough division to talk about because I think most fighters in the top 15 could be placed completely different if their fights happened on a different day. I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson beat Dariush, Melendez beat Barboza, RDA beat Alvarez, Cerrone beat Pettis, etc.

He's also got a recent top 5 loss over a LW.
True, but Khabib isn't a champion and Conor has 7 fights all against people who are still ranked/were ranked at the time since July 2014. Khabib has 2 fights with only 1 against a ranked opponent since April 2014.

True, but Khabib isn't a champion and Conor has 7 fights all against people who are still ranked/were ranked at the time since July 2014. Khabib has 2 fights with only 1 against a ranked opponent since April 2014.
What does it matter that Khabib isn't a champion? For the superfight argument? Your champion status gets weaker as you go on without defending, not stronger. This is common sense. Dana, albeit a compulsive liar, said that Conor was given a shot at RDA only because he did everything he said and was ready to defend both belts. As of now, he hasn't defended yet and to a straight question if he'd fight Aldo next he replied he's no interested and has other options. This is maybe the only thing Dana has been consistent about, considering he didn't let Aldo fight at LW when he wanted to.

Moving forward, who of those 7 fighters are ranked LWs, though? Diaz.
The problem is that I keep hearing the LW argument for Diaz only now that a shot at Alvarez is being discussed, while all I heard before their fights is that McGregor was brave to go up 2 weight classes. Diaz can't be a "200 pounds" WW only when Conor loses and a "200 pounds" LW when he wins.

Khabib has accomplished far more than Conor at LW and if you bring the rankings in the equation then Khabib is ranked #1 right behind the champion.

I think Conor wants to hedge his bets. He wants to get the 155 belt first, and if that works out, he'll relinquish the 145 belt. If he loses at 155, at least he'll have the 145 belt and can drop down (as painful as that will be) and defend it.

The UFC definitely doesn't want him to think he can outmuscle them but they're still at the point that what's beneficial for Conor is beneficial for them. A fight for another belt would be big and that means lots of money for the UFC. They've done build-ups for two Aldo fights already and he got knocked out in 13 seconds. I doubt that 3rd build-up and second fight would sell as well as the alternative, an attempt to make history.

I also disagree Khabib is above him. Khabib hasn't beat anyone worth mentioning in years. He needs to stop resting on his laurels. Yeah, he beat RDA...years ago. Struve beat Stipe a few years ago...should he get a HW title shot? Of course not. Khabib needs to beat someone other than Daniel Horcher (who?) and do so more often than once every 2 years. The fight with El Cucuy needs to happen. Then there will be no doubt as to who is the rightful contender. In the meantime, Conor vs. Eddie. That way Eddie gets paid, Conor gets paid, the UFC gets paid, and we get a legit challenger.

Conor needz to address the FW division 1st 2 fights out of your class is long enough it would be one thing if you were not the champ jumping out of your division to fight, but you represent the class as Champ, man your division or vacate it.

The new ownership wants to know that the ship is controlled for the 4 billion paid and Dana still the figure head. This is still a sport of belts & rankings for the moment. The Aldo rematch already as it's own pre-made build up with footage of the almost 2yr promoting. People know Aldo well like him or hate he's not the one really drawing the crowds it's Conor and a rematch is warranted, I don't think even Aldo haters believe they would see another 13second fight in a rematch.

Conor should not be able to have his cake and eat it too it would've been one thing if he had whip Nate straight out the gates, but it took him two shoots with a meh *majority* decision on 2nd shot...

What does it matter that Khabib isn't a champion? For the superfight argument? Your champion status gets weaker as you go on without defending, not stronger. This is common sense. Dana, albeit a compulsive liar, said that Conor was given a shot at RDA only because he did everything he said and was ready to defend both belts. As of now, he hasn't defended yet and to a straight question if he'd fight Aldo next he replied he's no interested and has other options. This is maybe the only thing Dana has been consistent about, considering he didn't let Aldo fight at LW when he wanted to.

Moving forward, who of those 7 fighters are ranked LWs, though? Diaz.
The problem is that I keep hearing the LW argument for Diaz only now that a shot at Alvarez is being discussed, while all I heard before their fights is that McGregor was brave to go up 2 weight classes. Diaz can't be a "200 pounds" WW only when Conor loses and a "200 pounds" LW when he wins.

Khabib has accomplished far more than Conor at LW and if you bring the rankings in the equation then Khabib is ranked #1 right behind the champion.
It matters that he's the champion because he knocked out one of the GOAT's in 13 seconds. Also, how do you know Dana is a liar? That might have been the plan until RDA got injured and Conor lost. Plans change and you have to adjust to your business accordingly.

I agree that he should be defending his belt next, but all I'm arguing is that he deserves the title shot if he either defends the belt first or vacates it entirely.

I think it's also a point to mention that the only reason Khabib is ranked #1 is because of a win he had over 2 years ago. In that time the HW belt has changed twice and an interim title, LHW once and an interim, MW twice, WW twice, LW twice, FW once and an interim, BW twice, etc.

Dan Henderson just got a title shot, so yeah, I say Conor can get a 155 title shot.

200_s.gif

Apparently you dont know what the definition of cleared out means.
Youre making shit up as you go.

Back