Conor McGregor's Head Coach Tweets about Conor's Coming Future.

He is fucking nuts if he wants a direct 155 title.

Rematch with Aldo and if he wins then move to a 155 contender fight.

He's a star and they'll do whatever he wants. Think about the endless, unwarranted title shots given to BJ and Couture and they drew 1/4 of the money Conor does. It's not a sport, its a spectacle.

In the history of sports, loooing before conor was a nut in his daddys sack....before conors dad existed...in all sports, you compete against the number 1 contender.
Eh, ok...

I think you're saying he should fight the number one contender?

And my point is that Conor has already decisively beaten the #1 & #2 contenders at FW.

Had Edgar beat Aldo that's the fight i'd be looking to see, but he didn't so I think the Alvarez fight is a more interesting fight.

He's a star and they'll do whatever he wants. Think about the endless, unwarranted title shots given to BJ and Couture and they drew 1/4 of the money Conor does. It's not a sport, its a spectacle.

So you think he would put the same numbers outside of the UFC? Conor may be a big draw in the UFC, but its clear that he is a complete nobody without the UFC.

So he needs to behave and do what Dana tells him to do. Dana is not beyond taking a hit in order to keep his iron fist rule in check.

I used to be all against the UFC monopoly, but after seeing box and the antics of McGregor after the loss to Diaz its fucking clear that the UFC and Dana White is a pretty necesary evil.

Get his ass back to 145 and give us a few more fights there.

He's a star and they'll do whatever he wants.
CK29v5TxcZfJXcy3ItbEjtimviR153ZgfaAThW3mo8UPdNcH3xbv7uTlR7pUROn3dtt_DZ_Fyi38DImzwddh1dAGdHx15XG4M9igXNqspalezv62KNqNCTz19-wWTQ=w426-h246

I would buy either PPV with McGregor vs Aldo or McGregor vs Alverez. I probably would rather see the Alverez fight just because I want to see if McGregor can beat him and make it look easy and see someone hold two belts at once.

I do think it's a bit bullshit seeing as he'll be putting the FW division on hold and the LW division.

Gives up FW title, fights for LW title.

I have no problem with him getting that shot, he is a champ, just beat a top 5 LW and is the money fight.

Outside of diaz/mcgregor 3, this is by far the biggest earning fight option he has, and it is clearly the fight Eddie is pushing for as well since he will be able to renegotiate his contract, and get the PPV points from one of the biggest cards of the year.

Eh, ok...

I think you're saying he should fight the number one contender?

And my point is that Conor has already decisively beaten the #1 & #2 contenders at FW.

Had Edgar beat Aldo that's the fight i'd be looking to see, but he didn't so I think the Alvarez fight is a more interesting fight.

And now Aldo is the number one contender.
Fight aldo, then try alvarez or else vacate the belt.

Gives up FW title, fights for LW title.

I have no problem with him getting that shot, he is a champ, just beat a top 5 LW and is the money fight.

Outside of diaz/mcgregor 3, this is by far the biggest earning fight option he has, and it is clearly the fight Eddie is pushing for as well since he will be able to renegotiate his contract, and get the PPV points from one of the biggest cards of the year.
Just out of curiosity would you rather see him fight for the LW title now or defend the FW belt first? I think it would be wiser (in the long term) to have him defend his FW belt then give Cerrone the LW title shot. If Conor loses then it sets up a trilogy fight with Aldo while he chases the LW title (imagine LW champ v FW champ), If Conor wins against Aldo he can still keep the belt and fight the winner of Alvarez v Cerrone (this adds more hype to the fight and Cerrone v Conor would be gold for PPV numbers).

Kav doesn't want him cutting back to 145 anymore. Sucks to be Aldo, guess he shouldn't have gotten stiffened in a dozen seconds. Conor doesn't owe anyone anything, even though it'd be nice to see him crush Jostay Salto once more. I personally think Conor should defend the 145 belt a few times before going to 155, because he's not going to be able to just do the Cabbage Patch through the division like he did at FW.

If he decides to challenge for the 155 belt, Dana will strip him of the FW title, but give him the LW shot. If he loses, then he'll just be another name at 155 and have to get in line; but until that happens, I see Dana giving him what he wants. The bread knows where the butter comes from.

And now Aldo is the number one contender.
Fight aldo, then try alvarez or else vacate the belt.
I don't really care if he vacates or not, I just prefer to see as new fight, one that will go some way to growing Conor's legacy, it's an easy choice for Conor.

Just out of curiosity would you rather see him fight for the LW title now or defend the FW belt first? I think it would be wiser (in the long term) to have him defend his FW belt then give Cerrone the LW title shot. If Conor loses then it sets up a trilogy fight with Aldo while he chases the LW title (imagine LW champ v FW champ), If Conor wins against Aldo he can still keep the belt and fight the winner of Alvarez v Cerrone (this adds more hype to the fight and Cerrone v Conor would be gold for PPV numbers).

I think they're trying to get as much out of Conor as quickly as possible. The guy is becoming a superstar and doesn't want to fight forever.

If he gives up his FW title and loses the LW title fight then they can spin it as he bit off more than he can chew and can go back down to FW and win his title back. It's the same strategy they have been using for a while in marketing him, he's a guy that takes chances and is trying to be as great as possible. Then I think there is more interest in an Aldo fight, he can now go down and win his belt back and redeem himself. They get minimum 2 big fights out of it rather than 1 meh fight vs aldo and then a rematch or another meh fight against frankie.

I am saying these things in terms of public perception, I am very interested in an Aldo rematch and how it goes, but for money and views, the LW title fight is 10x bigger. This may not be the case in brazil, but the UFC focuses their attention on North American media interest.

Then if he beats Eddie the sky is the limit, he is the 3rd 2 division champ, has won at 170 (against a 155er), and has a fight lined up against the incredibly marketable cowboy.

This Conor Mcgregor situation is an attempt to grow their company and viewership a la TUF 1 and UFC 100 Brock Lesnar and they will go for the option with the most potential for growth.

Alvarez fight makes sense to get the LW title before having to face the Eagle for it.

Let the FW belt become stripped. When Halloway & Aldo fight for it in the meantime everyone will know that Mac beat both of them & so it will make for a much juicier return to FW... especially if he comes in with the LW belt.

Kav doesn't want him cutting back to 145 anymore. Sucks to be Aldo, guess he shouldn't have gotten stiffened in a dozen seconds. Conor doesn't owe anyone anything, even though it'd be nice to see him crush Jostay Salto once more. I personally think Conor should defend the 145 belt a few times before going to 155, because he's not going to be able to just do the Cabbage Patch through the division like he did at FW.

If he decides to challenge for the 155 belt, Dana will strip him of the FW title, but give him the LW shot. If he loses, then he'll just be another name at 155 and have to get in line; but until that happens, I see Dana giving him what he wants. The bread knows where the butter comes from.
Too rational for sherdog.

He is fucking nuts if he wants a direct 155 title.
do you actually believe they won't give it to him if he asks though? they would give him a direct title fight at HW if he asked for it.

This is delusional. If he wants the 155 title shot he deserves to get it.
deserves it for going 1-1 with a fringe top 10 lw where he got finished in one of the fights and won a controversial majority decision in the 2nd?
I feel like you have a different definition of deserve then most rational people
Aldo deserves a rematch
Conor deserves to defend or give up that belt.
theres 3 other LWs that deserve the title shot at 55 before him.
Lots of deserving things, conor fighting for the belt at 55 isnt one of them
Would still watch tho, would still be excited to see what happens. But deserve isnt the right word for it

I think they're trying to get as much out of Conor as quickly as possible. The guy is becoming a superstar and doesn't want to fight forever.

If he gives up his FW title and loses the LW title fight then they can spin it as he bit off more than he can chew and can go back down to FW and win his title back. It's the same strategy they have been using for a while in marketing him, he's a guy that takes chances and is trying to be as great as possible. Then I think there is more interest in an Aldo fight, he can now go down and win his belt back and redeem himself. They get minimum 2 big fights out of it rather than 1 meh fight vs aldo and then a rematch or another meh fight against frankie.

I am saying these things in terms of public perception, I am very interested in an Aldo rematch and how it goes, but for money and views, the LW title fight is 10x bigger. This may not be the case in brazil, but the UFC focuses their attention on North American media interest.

Then if he beats Eddie the sky is the limit, he is the 3rd 2 division champ, has won at 170 (against a 155er), and has a fight lined up against the incredibly marketable cowboy.

This Conor Mcgregor situation is an attempt to grow their company and viewership a la TUF 1 and UFC 100 Brock Lesnar and they will go for the option with the most potential for growth.
Totally makes sense. There are many different ways to go about this and I'm sure Dana White & co. are having these types of conversations daily. I suppose the way I spoke about is better for the long term, but that's only if things go according to plan and Conor doesn't just up and quit because he's done with the sport.

Well at least I can say that no matter what Conor has got to be the most talked about thing ever in MMA. Whether you love him or hate him, we all seem to be talking about him. So much fun to talk about too.

Back