Conor McGregor will KO Eddie Alvarez inside 2. This is why:

So you believe you're seeing something that Eddie and his team cant?

What did you say when Aldo got slept in 13 sec?

So much for his team seeing things...

Old habits die hard. Eddie gets hit a lot by straight left punches, Aldo tends to drop his right hand when attacking, etc.

That's actually false, he has never fought at LW in the UFC and he won the cage warriors LW belt by devastating KO.

Against Buki?
Nate is a LW.

I like Conor, but he is fighting a much tougher fighter this time. Eddie is one of the biggest LWs in the UFC, and is on a much higher level than Nate. I have doubted Conor before, and I have been wrong, but this is a little too much for him.

What did you say when Aldo got slept in 13 sec?

So much for his team seeing things...

Old habits die hard. Eddie gets hit a lot by straight left punches, Aldo tends to drop his right hand when attacking, etc.
Post your betting slip or gtfo.

Against Buki?
Nate is a LW.

I like Conor, but he is fighting a much tougher fighter this time. Eddie is one of the biggest LWs in the UFC, and is on a much higher level than Nate. I have doubted Conor before, and I have been wrong, but this is a little too much for him.

Styles make fights.

Nate is a cardio machine with an iron chin, plus boxing skills and a reach/height advantage, while Conor is an explosive fighter who relies on overwhelming his opponents and taking them out early, by outboxing them and controlling the distance.

You could see how that could end badly for Conor, right?

Alvarez doesn't have the chin that Nate does, the height, the reach, or the boxing. What he does have is wrestling. If Eddie pushes Conor against the fence immediately and gets past the first 2 rounds, he will win.

If he lets Conor control the distance early, he will get KO'd. Anybody who needs to close the distance on McGregor is in serious danger.

Post your betting slip or gtfo.

I'm not betting. Never said I was. Alvarez can definitely win this fight if he wrestles bell to bell. If he strikes for even a minute, he's going to get hurt.

Post your betting slip, though. Since you're so confident Alvarez will maul McGregor on the ground.

Oh yeah, you're in my thread, boy. So gtfo whenever you desire.

ezgif-1071203827.gif

If Alvarez opts to keep the fight standing, McGregor's got the advantage as long as McGregor doesn't gas.

If Alvarez puts McGregor on his back and pounds on him, it's advantage Alvarez.

I'm not betting. Never said I was. Alvarez can definitely win this fight if he wrestles bell to bell.

Post yours, though.
I'm not making bold predictions because of course anything goes in an mma fight, but Conor is somewhat 1 dimensional and Alvarez has more ways to win the fight. Guess we'll know in a few days.

Styles make fights.

Nate is a cardio machine with an iron chin, plus boxing skills and a reach/height advantage, while Conor is an explosive fighter who relies on overwhelming his opponents and taking them out early, by outboxing them and controlling the distance.

You could see how that could end badly for Conor, right?

Alvarez doesn't have the chin that Nate does, the height, the reach, or the boxing. What he does have is wrestling. If Eddie pushes Conor against the fence immediately and gets past the first 2 rounds, he will win.

If he lets Conor control the distance early, he will get KO'd.
That is where I disagree with many. Yes, I think Eddies best option is to clinch and take down Conor, but I am not so sure Conor will outbox him. All Eddies shots are hard, and will hurt, but at lw, I am not so sure Conors will be.

That is where I disagree with many. Yes, I think Eddies best option is to clinch and take down Conor, but I am not so sure Conor will outbox him. All Eddies shots are hard, and will hurt, but at lw, I am not so sure Conors will be.

Conor has power. Eddie has more power, but Conor is still a much better striker. Power is useless if you can't land.

tumblr_mzodrubto51ry1rm7o2_r1_400.gif

But even if he didn't, I don't think he needs it vs Eddie. Eddie will be desperate to close the distance and Conor can catch him similar to how he did Aldo.

Well can you picture Conor on his back going any differently?

I don't think he will end up on his back. He's not going to be easy to take down early.

Eddie will need to grind him out against the cage for 2 rounds or so before he's able to get him down. He's not that good of a wrestler.

I don't think he will end up on his back. He's not going to be easy to take down early.

Eddie will need to grind him out against the cage for 2 rounds or so before he's able to get him down. He's not that good of a wrestler.
You seem to have it all figured out, bet the farm and post your slip, otherwise you're just another fanboy fluffer talking nonsense.

You seem to have it all figured out, bet the farm and post your slip, otherwise you're just another fanboy fluffer talking nonsense.

I don't even like Conor and have bet against him on every fight hes had so far. I called Diaz by submission in the 2nd round. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I am just making a technical analysis I don't know why you're so butthurt. Probably because you've been watching MMA for years, but you've never been in an actual gym and you still don't know anything about the sport.

You're just a fighter fan getting emotional because I'm doing an analysis that doesn't fit whatever prediction you made for this fight, even though your prediction is completely based on emotion and has nothing to do with analyzing the fighters' tendencies or the technical aspects of this fight.

I'm not a fanboy, but you ARE a hater.

Post your slip since you think Eddie will just take Conor down and maul him on the ground.

Last edited:
I don't even like Conor and have bet against him on every fight hes had so far. I called Diaz by submission in the 2nd round. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I am just making a technical analysis I don't know why you're so butthurt. Probably because you've been watching the sport for years, but you've never been in an actual gym and you still don't know anything about it.

You're just a fighter fan getting emotional because I'm doing an analysis that doesn't fit whatever prediction you made for this fight, even though your prediction is completely based on emotion and has nothing to do with analyzing the fighters' tendencies or the technical aspects of this fight.

I'm not a fanboy, but you ARE a hater.

Post your slip since you think Eddie will just take Conor down and maul him on the ground.
You joined 6 months ago and you already caught up to my 10 year post count so I'm guessing you're a troll spamming the forum if not an outright Cloner fluffer.

Ya I'm a "hater" I suppose, because of Conor there's so many newb jerkoffs posting nonsense these days.

You joined 6 months ago and you already caught up to my 10 year post count so I'm guessing you're a troll spamming the forum if not an outright Cloner fluffer.

Ya I'm a "hater" I suppose, because of Conor there's so many newb jerkoffs posting nonsense these days.

You can't even think for yourself, all you say is "durr hurr you think you have it all figured out and Eddie's coaches don't?"

Hey dumbass, we see fighters get knocked out every fucking day. Elite fighters with elite teams. Why didn't they see that shit coming?

You really think these guys see everything coming? If I told you Ronda would get KO'd by a left high kick from Holly Holm before the fight, you probably would've said the same thing. "durrrrrrrrrrrr you think you see something Ronda's team doesn't?"

If you think its outlandish at all that Conor KO's Eddie, you don't know anything about the sport.

Coach Cavanaugh predicts a second round finish as well. This is too crazy to be a coincidence. Time to bet the farm and change my bum life. Thanks for this post.

Alvarez is an easy opponent for Conor. However I think the fight has potential to reach the 3rd round.

Conor has power. Eddie has more power, but Conor is still a much better striker. Power is useless if you can't land.

tumblr_mzodrubto51ry1rm7o2_r1_400.gif

But even if he didn't, I don't think he needs it vs Eddie. Eddie will be desperate to close the distance and Conor can catch him similar to how he did Aldo.

We will see. I was not very iimpressed with his power vs Diaz.

Back