Conor McGregor 'to address US Congress in rights campaign for MMA fighters'

I'm all in favor of the fighters taking home a much higher portion of the revenues (as are I'm sure the vast majority of fans) but the Ali act is not a positive thing for fight fans in its entirety. It will ultimately spread the fighters out and decrease top level matchups.
What's good for the fighters is likely not good for fight fans. Trade off. I'm okay with making some concessions to get fighters paid more. A few orgs that compete w each other by stacking cards would work for me, although we would miss out on super fights.

As i hater i will say he is doing it only for himself tbh. Ali Act doesn't work (pretty much dead) well for low ranked or mid ranked boxers and is perfect for stars and superstars, so for few people, like Conor.
MMA is different sport (nobody really cares about losses) and fighters should look for different solutions, not try to copy soultion from corrupted sport like boxing.
Just because he is doing it for himself doesn't mean it wont help others. Here's a hypothetical, If i find a cure for cancer but only to cure myself and let others use it as well even though I only did it for myself does that make me a bad person?

what all 2 of them?

Anderson silva has wanted to for ages

Jose aldo has mentioned he would like to

Jimi manuwa is actively seeking a bout with david Haye

Conor just boxed

Stipe is looking for a boxing match as well

Nate diaz applied for a boxing license

Those are just off the top of my head

Just because he is doing it for himself doesn't mean it wont help others. Here's a hypothetical, If i find a cure for cancer but only to cure myself and let others use it as well even though I only did it for myself does that make me a bad person?

Ali Act is benificial almost only for superstars. But that's just my opinion.

I thought we were against foreigners meddling in our politics?

Damn, you just shot me down in flames... I hate celebrities(and the clowns who idolise them)

I remember you, I'm sure you had a good post....

Deep down, you wish you could at least cameo in a Sharknado movie you envious bum.

Anderson silva has wanted to for ages

Jose aldo has mentioned he would like to

Jimi manuwa is actively seeking a bout with david Haye

Conor just boxed

Stipe is looking for a boxing match as well

Nate diaz applied for a boxing license

Those are just off the top of my head

If they want to do it so bad go fight out your contract then go box. And even if it turns out that they are good at it. It takes 5 Years to fight another guy who's half-decent. Because there's no goddamn organization.

If they want to do it so bad go fight out your contract then go box. And even if it turns out that they are good at it. It takes 5 Years to fight another guy who's half-decent. Because there's no goddamn organization.

Did conor fight out his contract then box?

Seems to me that conor screwed up. Why would he be awarded two belts? He forgot his cup for the mayweather fight as well. Chump
He wouldn't awarded 2 belts genius. He had already won one belt. He won his second belt and expected both belts that were his at the time to be there for him to parade.

He wouldn't awarded 2 belts genius. He had already won one belt. He won his second belt and expected both belts that were his at the time to be there for him to parade.

You and me are making the same point. Theres someone else around that you can be grumpy at tho

Did conor fight out his contract then box?
Does anybody in that company have as much power as he does or even close to it no.
Do any of the other guys have opponents that can help them generate a hundred million dollars? Nope.

In ten years time Conor with be the President of the USA

In that case, I see most of the congressmen being like

<FookIsThatGuy>

If Conor actually attempts to do this and bring MMA under the Ali umbrella, I'll forgive him for all the fuckery because without it this wouldn't even be in discussion on the Capitol.

And you'll be watching whodafuq vs whodahell instead of GSP vs Bisping.

Ali Act in action:McGregor 0-0 fights 49-0 based on a fair independent ranking system.

And you'll be watching whodafuq vs whodahell instead of GSP vs Bisping.
Never had a problem watching 2 unknowns fight if the fight is exciting.

Bisping vs GSP is going to be boring no matter who wins. Bisping is go to look to stick and move. GSP will be striking only to set up a TD. I'll watch but I fully recognize and accept what I'll be watching.

Back