Conor McGregor: "After my first defeat, I had no respect for jiu-jitsu.”

People usually wear something more than Reebok speedos in the street.

Really? Where do you live? Canada?

IMG_1043.jpg

Because it was a sweep Nate gave to him.

I don't know why it's so hard for Conor fanboys to accept that he clearly has a hole in his game, considering literally every fighter does. It's not like the critique is "Conor's striking is dogshit awful" unless the person is blatantly trolling.

Conor's ground game is miles behind his standup. Fact. If he gets taken down by legit black belts like RDA, he gets fucking mauled on the ground.
Conor definitely has a hole in his game. It's gaping. I never denied that. Despite that, he still managed to sweep Nate. I get sick of people taking that away from him or acting like it doesn't count for some reason. It does.

Conor definitely has a hole in his game. It's gaping. I never denied that. Despite that, he still managed to sweep Nate. I get sick of people taking that away from him or acting like it doesn't count for some reason. It does.

Because it wasn't like they were grappling for a while and Conor swept Nate. Go look at the gif and put it into perspective. Nate Diaz does not care about being on his back.

If anything, Conor fanboys are blowing it out of proportion and using that ONE thing to absolve Conor of his many defensive woes.

Dude even one of Nate's old lady jujitsu students could have swept him there, he wasn't trying to fight the sweep at all. Conor's bjj is still awful until proven otherwise.

Sounds like he should go to the classes that Nate teaches on Sundays.

Maybe get some pointers from the kids there on how to defend a RNC.

Dude even one of Nate's old lady jujitsu students could have swept him there, he wasn't trying to fight the sweep at all. Conor's bjj is still awful until proven otherwise.
Conor's bjj is a gaping hole in his game, but he still managed to sweep Nate Diaz. You can't take that away from him.

Because it wasn't like they were grappling for a while and Conor swept Nate. Go look at the gif and put it into perspective. Nate Diaz does not care about being on his back.

If anything, Conor fanboys are blowing it out of proportion and using that ONE thing to absolve Conor of his many defensive woes.
It's a good thing he didn't care about being on his back, bc that's where he ended up after Conor successfully swept him from the bottom.

It's a good thing he didn't care about being on his back, bc that's where he ended up after Conor successfully swept him from the bottom.

Yes, it is. And as expected, Nate was moving his hips and threatening off his back like he usually does. Then the round ended.

Conor's bjj is a gaping hole in his game, but he still managed to sweep Nate Diaz. You can't take that away from him.

I'm not taking that away, in saying it's about as meaningful as sweeping an old lady.

Damn bro I don't think Nate sucks that bad.

You are missing the point for some reason. No one is denying it was a sweep altogether. We are saying Nate gave it to him. Nate likes to fight off of his back. Nate has submitted blackbelts before.

Nate could've easily prevented the sweep by not standing over Conor and compromising position in exchange for hitting Conor in the face. He simply did not care.

See:

Wow he fucking swept a guy who rolled with the sweep so he could land two solid punches right to Conor's face. He knew exactly what he was doing rolling with that sweep. Plenty of guys will allow you to sweep them or muscle them that doesn't mean you have any chance of being a danger to them on the ground. Nate had so little respect for on the ground when he goes for that sweep that he is not even worried about his position he is only focusing on the strikes he throws at Conor's head. That's like saying that fly that just got hit with a fly swatter really had the dudes number who hit it because it made him turn in order to hit it. Lol at Conor getting a brown belt for knocking out Poirier like he cleaned out his division at a tournament or submitted a higher belt than himself.

He couldn't even hang with solid white belts or low level blues in legit schools.

Damn bro I don't think Nate sucks that bad.

He doesn't, but in that circumstance he wasn't trying to fight it at all so it was a less than meaningless sweep in considering Nate actually wanted it, he rolled into it to land a few punches and start fishing for subs.

Yes he did. But the point being, you don't need to have Werdum jujitsu to win a fight, you need GSP level jujitsu to defend is all. GSP isn't getting subbed, but he ain't subbing anyone either. He is "just" good enough to keep safe. And Conor isn't good enough yet. It isn't a rip on Conor, just an observation. He needs to get better in that department, regardless of this sweep.

If by swept you mean Nate amateurishly stood over him to throw punches then kinda flopped over to his back because he gives absolutely no fucks about being on his back, evidenced by almost every single fight in his career.

lol exactly. Its like bragging about scoring a knockdown on Werdum when he goes down on purpose constantly hoping people will jump into his guard.

Zero capabilities is over stated. Conor is no world-beater on the ground, but he managed to stop two guillotine attempts by Chad and regain his feet where he ultimately won by KO. He also avoided taking too much damage while Chad had him down.

In the first round he landed a pretty slick sweep on Nate that most of us had probably never heard of prior to the fight.

It's like Eddie Bravo said for this fight, "It's like you get punched so hard that you're walking funny and then everyone tells you that you need walking lessons.".

Nobody can defend themselves on the ground when they're gassed, rocked and mounted by Nate Diaz

Yes, the real question is, how did the GOAT end up being gassed, rocked and mounted by the lauded 18-10 world-beater Cabo Nate Diaz?

Yes, the real question is, how did the GOAT end up being gassed, rocked and mounted by the lauded 18-10 world-beater Cabo Nate Diaz?

I don't recall Anderson Silva, Jon Jones or Fedor losing to Nate Diaz...

If by swept you mean Nate amateurishly stood over him to throw punches then kinda flopped over to his back because he gives absolutely no fucks about being on his back, evidenced by almost every single fight in his career.
I couldn't have worded that better. Well done.

Kavanagh is a legit black belt, but you know better than him about when his student deserves to be promoted? maybe he was just wanting to give it to Conor in a public place but always intended on promoting him. It doesnt necessarily mean he promoted him because of the Dustin fight

Who did Kavanagh train under?

It is very practical in self-defense scenarios.
People usually wear something more than Reebok speedos in the street.

For real, never seen any dudes take time to throw on board shorts, and rash guard, before street fighting.

Back