Conor McGregor: "After my first defeat, I had no respect for jiu-jitsu.”

How about MMA submissions in general? Hmmm, other than Dave Hill lol.

You always find out how good guys are when you see them in competition, you could have a "black belt" and be useless in competition. In that case your belt is illegitimate in my books.

Do you even? One tip for you John Danaher...

He was gassed and hurt.

First round is the one that says anything about his ground. Anyone can get finished when gassed and hurt.

First round was Nate feeling the sweep and more than happy to pull Conor into guard, where he completely shut him down. Also looked like he was working for a kneebar when time ran out. Conor was ready to tap right then and there.

Anyone claiming that Conor has a weak ground game is discrediting just how good Nate Diaz is on the ground.

Name one fighter at 155 or 170, while gassed and rocked, that can survive Nate Diaz while he has their back or has them mounted.

He finishes them all

Who did Kavanagh train under?

29906170001_3184068288001_vs-52f9a23fe4b0b5583ed0e528-782203289001.jpg

Anyone claiming that Conor has a weak ground game is discrediting just how good Nate Diaz is on the ground.

Name one fighter at 155 or 170, while gassed and rocked, that can survive Nate Diaz while he has their back or has them mounted.

He finishes them all

Conor doesn't have a weak ground game. Diaz is just the superior fighter.

What I wouldn't pay to watch Kavanagh roll with Marcelo while Conor sat there and watched.

Yes, it is. And as expected, Nate was moving his hips and threatening off his back like he usually does. Then the round ended.
Yea Kone come on cause Nate is so uncomfortable off his back. Ask Pellegrino.
image.png
He was a black belt in bjj under Almeida and yes, Marcelo Garcia. You cannot have more legit instructors and Nate locked this triangle while flipping the bird.

You are missing the point for some reason. No one is denying it was a sweep altogether. We are saying Nate gave it to him. Nate likes to fight off of his back. Nate has submitted blackbelts before.

Nate could've easily prevented the sweep by not standing over Conor and compromising position in exchange for hitting Conor in the face. He simply did not care.

See:
He cared, he was just incapable of stopping it.

I don't remember reading this before. I also didn't know Kavanagh gave Conor his brown belt after beating Poirier (Anthony Pettis got his brown belt last year).

Will he get promoted to black belt if he beats Nate in the rematch?

He's a BROWN BELT for 2 years now and got owned like that by Nate??? What in the actual fcuk is going on here?

He doesn't, but in that circumstance he wasn't trying to fight it at all so it was a less than meaningless sweep in considering Nate actually wanted it, he rolled into it to land a few punches and start fishing for subs.
Yeah, he wanted it just like Anderson wanted to get knocked out the first time against Weidman lol. Sure buddy.

Yeah, he wanted it just like Anderson wanted to get knocked out the first time against Weidman lol. Sure buddy.

By all means, keep telling yourself Conor has underrated bjj because he "swept" Nate Diaz, while the rest of us laugh at you for being a dummy.

Actually on 2nd thought just stop posting until you've watched more mma.

He was gassed and hurt.

First round is the one that says anything about his ground. Anyone can get finished when gassed and hurt.
you could base that off of one scramble with diaz, or you could base it off the opposite conclusion you'd draw from the mendes fight.

my guess is that diaz (and any competent grappler) will still win 9 / 10 of those scrambles with him.

By all means, keep telling yourself Conor has underrated bjj because he "swept" Nate Diaz, while the rest of us laugh at you for being a dummy.

Actually on 2nd thought just stop posting until you've watched more mma.
It's not underrated. It needs a ton of work. Despite that he was still skilled enough to sweep Nate. No amount of bitching on sherdog will change that. Sorry sweetheart lmao

If by swept you mean Nate amateurishly stood over him to throw punches then kinda flopped over to his back because he gives absolutely no fucks about being on his back, evidenced by almost every single fight in his career.
this. diaz was standing over him trying to land punches and then kind of lazily rolled around a bit because he knew conor posed absolutely no threat there.

in fact, watching the replay the other day it looked to me like diaz was maybe even trying to pull guard from the scramble, that he was actually pulling conor in.

pretty funny the way the huggers are trying to use that one exchange as conclusive proof that conor is now legit on the ground.

It's not underrated. It needs a ton of work. Despite that he was still skilled enough to sweep Nate. No amount of bitching on sherdog will change that. Sorry sweetheart lmao

By any chance, have you heard if Conor was able to sweep Nate during that fight? I'd like your opinion on if Conor was able to sweep Nate or not.

By any chance, have you heard if Conor was able to sweep Nate during that fight? I'd like your opinion on if Conor was able to sweep Nate or not.
You're in luck. I happened to watch the fight, & I concluded that Conor swept Nate & Nate couldn't stop it.

He was gassed and hurt.

This is like Ronda saying that she only lost to Holly because she was dazed by Holly's punches.

Back