Conor has still been exposed...

W

wrong. Nate beat him in the standup in the first fight. And it was pretty even in the second. Conor was closer to being finished in the rematch then Nate ever was
Nate CAUGHT him in the standup last fight while McGregor was dominating. Catching someone doesn't mean you are better skillwise, but it does mean you did a damn good thing.

I know that, because I saw the actual fight...and not a few gifs.
No, you're just one of the many idiots who was swayed by the sound of the crowd and Rogan and Goldie yelling at the top of their lungs that McGregor was in trouble.

You're saying you only put value in your first reaction and don't care about post fight analysis. Which irrefutably proves my point about you.

Nate won the 3rd round, I'm not arguing that. McGregor mostly defended to not overexert himself and gas out, then recovered to win the 4th. 5th was close, but it was fair to give it to Nate mostly because of that takedown at the end.

As a giant Conor fan I cant help but feel like he was exposed. If nate went for takedowns early than he would have probably finished him in the third.

I see the point that you are trying to make but Nate was obviously tired in the fight as well. It's not like Nate looked fresh all five rounds and Conor matched him. They both got tired and looked sluggish.

i don't think you see the point i was trying to make....because you just restated it like i was saying the opposite.

I said how can you put down conor when he matched cardio with a guy known for cardio.

i think you misread my post or didn't get the sarcasm implied by the "makes sense" comment at the end.

Except no one made this argument until Bisping came back and won the 4th round, and was suddenly up 3 rounds, and then Silva didn't get the finish in round 5 and the victor was going to be Bisping 48-47 like it was. It was a clear fact that Bisping had the majority of the rounds, and deserved his 48-47 victory. The "Round 3 needs to be a 10-8" argument only developed after the fact that Silva couldn't possibly win the fight with Bisping having won the 4th round. It was a justification after the fact to avoid admitting that Bisping clearly won under the Unified Rules. Same way suddenly everybody is coming out trying to justify a draw or Diaz victory after Conor clearly won 3 rounds by trying to give Diaz extra points or extra rounds that he didn't deserve.

It has nothing to do with whether or not Diaz or Silva deserve a 10-8 or the rounds in question. They clearly don't. It has everything to do with avoiding admitting that their opponent won more rounds than they did, and therefore rightfully won the decision.

And as an aside, lol at still pretending to admit that Silva KO'd Bisping in round 3. There is literally video evidence of Bisping demonstrably having a conversation with Herb literally as soon as the bell rings. He was never at any point unconscious. He got dropped, that's it. I notice also that you denied the fact that Bisping knocked down Silva in round 2 when it's a fact that he did. He knocked down Silva twice, not once like you claimed. You can keep trying to tell yourself whatever you need to try and escape the fact that Bisping beat Silva, but it happened.

Look mate, I think you're just trying to over-complicate it with a lot of words and comparisons, but really you're just dismissing other's opinions and using your own as facts to try and make a point.

It has nothing to do with whether or not Diaz or Silva deserve a 10-8 or the rounds in question. They clearly don't

Clearly they don't? Why not? In a competitive round, Bisping was dropped and flash KO'd right before the bell when Herb intervened. Even Silva thought it was a stoppage. Bisping was literally collapsed against the cage, completely out of it, with an incoming Silva about to slaughter him until the ref intervened.

There's no hard and fast rule on giving 10-8's and it's all subjective, but to many people that would be a 10-8. So save the nonsense that it 'clearly' doesn't count.

I could even give credit to Diaz winning the third 10-8, but then you'd have to consider giving the first round a 10-8 to Conor. Both guys dominated those rounds, but neither got badly hurt or anything.

You keep talking about unified rules and scoring like I don't understand how fight's are scored. They were close fights, but the Conor/Nate decision is far less controversial than Bisping/Silva. Bisping went as far into a wood chipper as possible while still managing to save the day. He lost two rounds badly (3 & 5) and another two were competitive.

Conor lost one round by a last minute TD and the other round by a more active fighter who didn't substantially hurt him, take him down or knock him down.

I probably can't convince you, but just take a look at the faces of all four fighters after their fights and tell me one winner was just as lucky as the other.

Back