Conor has still been exposed...

I don't watch fights to learn things. I watch fights to be entertained.

So if you put no thought into what you're watching, why are you arguing with people who do?

what other LW can take those shots tho?

what other LW can take those shots tho?
I don't think other LW plan on getting hit by him.

Let's not pretend like Conor has shown a great chin to take the big boys shots.

Great fighter but his weaknesses are well known.

8 minutes into a fight he was in complete control of, he gassed out and started getting his ass kicked.

I know everyone is celebrating his heart now and skills, and respect to him, it was a GREAT win.

But let's all be honest with each other, the guy has a major hole in his game. And he has now had his ass handed to him twice, by a LW that couldn't break the top 5 in the division.

It's up to his opponent to exploit his weaknesses so what does that say about them?

I'm not bashing. It's a legit point to discuss.
Just like I've told a few Conor fans, I'll wait to express any critique of the fight after all the fans get there few days to rejoice. You should just give it a bit longer. You seem petty right now to Conor's fans.

diaz was dropped, but never close to being finished. So who knows how hard he really hits?
diaz has only been stopped once by punches/kick and even then he wasnt ko'd...so his chin is god-tier imo

I don't think other LW plan on getting hit by him.

Let's not pretend like Conor has shown a great chin to take the big boys shots.

Great fighter but his weaknesses are well known.
theres no real big boys at 155 though...conor always will have the speed advantage and that power is always there

I just realized where I've seen all this Diaz/McGregor fiasco before and why this has all felt so familiar... we just did this dance 6 months ago with Silva/Bisping.

Like it's literally the same arguments. Almost the exact same scenarios. Bisping drops Silva in the 1st. Bisping drops Silva again in the 2nd. Bisping is handily winning the fight. Silva then turns things around in round 3 and steals the round with a last second flurry. This will become important after the fight and after Bisping wins the decision. Silva then loses his momentum in round 4 and doesn't capitlize, and Bisping takes the round. Silva then wins round 5.

It's an extremely clear 3-2 victory for Bisping. Yet after Bisping wins, the Silva fans come pouring out saying that Silva should've gotten a 10-8 round in round 3, even though he lost 4:50 of the round. Which would force a draw. Nobody claimed this 10-8 until after Bisping had won the fight and they were looking to try and justify Silva not losing to Bisping. And not only that, but Silva fans came out and said that Bisping's knockdowns weren't legit, that they didn't really count. That rounds that were clear Bisping rounds could be scored as Silva rounds. Silva fans were doing everything possible to try and say that Bisping didn't beat Silva 3-2.

It's literally the same thing going on here with Diaz/McGregor. Same "that should've been a 10-8 round!!!", "those knockdowns don't mean anything bro", "he would've won under Pride rules", etc. I knew this felt familiar for some reason, and it finally clicked that it's literally what happened after Silva/Bisping. People just can't accept their fighter losing.

The parallels you're making with the Silva/Bisping fight are accurate, except for one small detail....Bisbing basically got KTFO in the fight and won, Conor didn't. All other variables are the same, but that makes a fuckload of difference. Bisping didn't just 'give up a round', he got knocked out on the bell. That's automatic 10-8 when you get KTFO. Good on him for coming back and stealing the fourth, but Conor dropping Nate is more significant than Bisping dropping Silva. Conor dropped Nate three times, Bisping dropped Silva once. Bisping got KO'd in round three, Conor was never dropped or badly hurt.

Nate did jack shit for that ranking, lol.
Beating the previous #4 guy is usually sufficient enough. The win over Johnson was definitive and he was in the top 5, why wouldn't Nate take his spot?

Nate fought for the title once and is a top 5.

Don't act like he isn't elite now, haters.

You guys act like he's elite when it suits you and then you talk down on him and act like he didn't stand a chance against Conor in that fight. Nate showed tons of heart and made it close, one judge even scored it a draw.

Conor's legit, I was rooting for Nate both times however Conor has beat a lot of people albeit on short notice a few times. He has effectively mowed through them. However, Nate had his number and a lot of people knew that was a very tall order for what he pulled off Saturday night. That being said, I think he will knock Alvarez out.

Bisping didn't just 'give up a round', he got knocked out on the bell. That's automatic 10-8 when you get KTFO.

Except no one made this argument until Bisping came back and won the 4th round, and was suddenly up 3 rounds, and then Silva didn't get the finish in round 5 and the victor was going to be Bisping 48-47 like it was. It was a clear fact that Bisping had the majority of the rounds, and deserved his 48-47 victory. The "Round 3 needs to be a 10-8" argument only developed after the fact that Silva couldn't possibly win the fight with Bisping having won the 4th round. It was a justification after the fact to avoid admitting that Bisping clearly won under the Unified Rules. Same way suddenly everybody is coming out trying to justify a draw or Diaz victory after Conor clearly won 3 rounds by trying to give Diaz extra points or extra rounds that he didn't deserve.

It has nothing to do with whether or not Diaz or Silva deserve a 10-8 or the rounds in question. They clearly don't. It has everything to do with avoiding admitting that their opponent won more rounds than they did, and therefore rightfully won the decision.

And as an aside, lol at still pretending to admit that Silva KO'd Bisping in round 3. There is literally video evidence of Bisping demonstrably having a conversation with Herb literally as soon as the bell rings. He was never at any point unconscious. He got dropped, that's it. I notice also that you denied the fact that Bisping knocked down Silva in round 2 when it's a fact that he did. He knocked down Silva twice, not once like you claimed. You can keep trying to tell yourself whatever you need to try and escape the fact that Bisping beat Silva, but it happened.

8 minutes into a fight he was in complete control of, he gassed out and started getting his ass kicked.

I know everyone is celebrating his heart now and skills, and respect to him, it was a GREAT win.

But let's all be honest with each other, the guy has a major hole in his game. And he has now had his ass handed to him twice, by a LW that couldn't break the top 5 in the division.
Getting his ass kicked? Diaz landed nothing significant the entire fight...

Back