Connor would not beat a world class boxer in above the waist KB

Above the waist kickboxing is gay anyway. It's the kickboxing equivalent of racewalking.

i bet he is a good kickBOXER

he can KO with punches right?

And Mcgregor-Siver is a perfect example of how insufficient kicking mid and high section is against a superior puncher. Denis Siver, although way over the hill, is a seasoned TKD/WAKO Kickboxing competitor¨.

I don't concider low kicks in the context of above the waist rules, no. Siver threw REAL kicks, which didn't matter since he was bamboozeled by conors striking. Guess what, a World Champ boxer will not be bamboozeled.
[<diva2]
Does above the waist rules still exist? Oh wait, youre a taekwondo practitioner, that explains it

Above the waist? He'd do it easily.

Teep kick is his bread and butter, he would stick that into any pro boxers stomach a few times and they'd be wondering how the hell to stop it. Also his spinning back kick against a boxer that's never seen the set up for one before would completely crush them. If he can land body kicks and head kicks to good MMA fighters how the fuck is a boxer going to dealk with them?

Above the waist? He'd do it easily.

Teep kick is his bread and butter, he would stick that into any pro boxers stomach a few times and they'd be wondering how the hell to stop it. Also his spinning back kick against a boxer that's never seen the set up for one before would completely crush them. If he can land body kicks and head kicks to good MMA fighters how the fuck is a boxer going to dealk with them?

So? He's never KOed anyone with his kicks that I know of.

I swear everytime I comeback to these boards the topics of discussion just get more inane and retarded.

I wonder what this says about me...:/

Does he need to? Just soften them up with some nice body kicks and then land the Left.

They were already on the ropes at that point. He is starting from zero against a world champion boxer with twice the size in gloves. Good Luck.

And Mcgregor-Siver is a perfect example of how insufficient kicking mid and high section is against a superior puncher. Denis Siver, although way over the hill, is a seasoned TKD/WAKO Kickboxing competitor¨.

Let's not get crazy and consider Dennis Siver any sort of power kicker here. Yes, he can kick but his main threatening kick is that spinning back kick to the abdomen/liver.

Let's not get crazy and consider Dennis Siver any sort of power kicker here. Yes, he can kick but his main threatening kick is that spinning back kick to the abdomen/liver.

I could tell he was once a pretty decent kicker with some of the techniques. It would have been an interesting match-up if he was ten years younger.

I could tell he was once a pretty decent kicker with some of the techniques. It would have been an interesting match-up if he was ten years younger.

I'm not denigrating his kicking ability in any way...it's definitely not MT based or that common for MMA. Not sure but I think he had some sort of TKD (maybe Karate) and KB background.

So? He's never KOed anyone with his kicks that I know of.

So? Has a boxer ever had to deal with kicks like this?

mcgregor%2B1.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

GrouchyJollyKentrosaurus.gif

Here's him dropping Brando to one knee with a spinning back kick

vs-brandao-kick-variety.gif

conor-back-kicks-brandao.gif

I love that Conor is trying it out. Would be awesome if he could one day finish guys off with it and shut up TaeKwondo bashers. But this is at an experimental level. He clearly didn't have confidence in it against Diaz. Maybe because Jonny Dargan is no longer his kicking coach, who knows.

i would rather fear michael smoliks kicks (hes overrated as fuck) than mcgregors kicks
<{1-69}>
Yes. Maybe. But the whole point is the boxer will be oblivious on what to do. It doesn't take a world class kicker to land kicks against someone who has never had to defend them in their life.

Connor would get his ass kicked in round 1 of any World class ITF kickboxing tournament. The fact that he beats up a ten years older Denis Siver does not prove anything. He outpunched him. Siver landed the heavy kicks, despite being washed up
Is Conor engaging in this type of competition? Whys this even a topic?

Back