Connor would not beat a world class boxer in above the waist KB

That goes for my fellow brother and sisters in Kicking arts as well. We can't beat freaking World Champ boxers even if we can kick above the waist. So why does Joe Rogan think that a noob goofing around with TKD kicks can do it?
chuckstare.gif

Thats because they only care about their own Olympics. Just as Thaifighters don't care about TaeKwondo.

So why are we comparing amateurs (Korean Olympic TKD guys) to hardened pros (Thai MT fighters) then? I'm pretty sure it's obvious to most unbiased intelligent commenters who the better/more complete fighters are.

So why are we comparing amateurs (Korean Olympic TKD guys) to hardened pros (Thai MT fighters) then? I'm pretty sure it's obvious to most unbiased intelligent commenters who the better/more complete fighters are.

It doesn't matter if Conor trained Muay Thai kicks for a year. It's silly to think that an amateur kicker and MMA-level puncher would beat a boxer in kickboxing rules above the waist.

imagine if wonderboy had the hands of conor, or conor had the kicks of wonderboy

1499.gif

What if someone with the equivalent of Hwoarang or Baek's kicking ability could defend the takedown also?

Yes he won't beat a world class boxer with just kicks above the waist but if you allow elbows as well then he will be favoured over all in his weight class. When has a boxer ever had to protect themselves from elbows standing, distant, from range or when breaking off?

It doesn't matter if Conor trained Muay Thai kicks for a year. It's silly to think that an amateur kicker and MMA-level puncher would beat a boxer in kickboxing rules above the waist.

I'm not exactly disagreeing with that, assuming you're referring to the ruleset below:

FCR KICK REQUIREMENT RULES

• NORTH AMERICA
    • As of July, 2009, there is no longer a "Mandatory Kick Count requirement" for Full Contact rules bouts.
    • NEW RULES
      • Fighters are STRONGLY URGED to do a Minimum number of kicks per round.
      • The bout referee may choose to give a "Warning" or even a "Point Deduction" for a fighter who does not appear to be kicking enough for this style of fighting.
      • What the referee will be looking for is a minimum number of kicks:
        • JUNIOR BOUTS 90 Second Rounds: 4 Kicks Per Round.
        • ADULT Amateurs: 6 Kicks Per Round.
        • ADULT Professionals: 8 Kicks Per Round.
  • OUTSIDE NORTH AMERICA
    • All kicks must be above the belt.
    • Minimum kicks per round (Kick cards or kick lights will be visible at ringside)
      • JUNIOR BOUTS 90 Second Rounds: 4 Kicks Per Round.
      • ADULT Amateurs: 6 Kicks Per Round.
      • ADULT Professionals: 8 Kicks Per Round.
    • A spin kick or a hard thrown kick that does not hit the body but shows Intent of Power will be counted as a kick.
    • Front kicks (snap, thrust or flick) must make hard contact to be counted as a kick.
    • Each time a fighter does not make his/her minimum kick count in a round, they will be deducted 1 point for each kick below the minimum kick requirement each round.
    • Kicks may NOT be made up in other subsequent rounds.

http://www.ikfkickboxing.com/KickJudging.htm

If I was Canelo, Floyd or whoever fighting Conor in that ruleset, I'd just make sure to land 8 teeps a round and then box the shit out of Conor.

Your problem in this thread was phrasing Conor as a beginning level kicker in the OP, so any serious discussion in this thread was doomed from the start. That and your blatant TKD bias...

Since you want to continue, Conor's striking coach is and has been Owen Roddy, a kickboxer ;)

So check and mate for me.

Again have a nice weekend.

Jonny dargan WAS his kicking coach. He is on trial for man slaughter (accidental)

So you're saying Kempo guys are legit kickers but TKD guys aren't???

<CroCop1>

Chuck has a legit background, and a black belt, over an extensive period of time. Conor knows as much about TaeKwondo as Ronda does about boxing. I

Jonny dargan WAS his kicking coach. He is on trial for man slaughter (accidental)

Yeah we already covered that part, Conor ditched him because TKD is bullshit.

Have a good weekend again mate.

Yes he won't beat a world class boxer with just kicks above the waist but if you allow elbows as well then he will be favoured over all in his weight class. When has a boxer ever had to protect themselves from elbows standing, distant, from range or when breaking off?

That I agree with it, I think... Basically if it's no holds barred Conor wins, even without leg kicks.

Since you want to continue, Conor's striking coach is and has been Owen Roddy, a kickboxer ;)

So check and mate for me.

Again have a nice weekend.

Is anyone shocked that Dargan was in a "low mood" that night? The poor man had just endured hours of Adele songs!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

"According to a report by Independent.ie, Jonathan Dargan, who used to be UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor's taekwondo coach, was arrested for fatally punching a 57-year-old man during an apparent drunken altercation between Dargan and his girlfriend, which soon involved other civilians.

Dargan, who works as a nightclub doorman in Dublin, Ireland, was reportedly in a "low mood" because it was the eve of Mother's Day (March 6th); his mother was shot to death two years ago. As the article notes, sources alleged that the altercation began as he and his girlfriend left a concert, with Dargan apparently driving while drunk.

Sources close to Dargan have said he left Lillie's after being out with his partner and got into his car, which he had intended leaving in town for the night. They had earlier been to the Adele concert."

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/3/...iveness-for-fatal-street-fight-punch-mma-news

Back