Confederate Statues In Baltimore Taken Down Overnight

Since when is it all the tax payers responsibility to erect and upkeep symbols you like on tax payer property? Especially when they are monuments to a political attempt to make the slavery of their ancestors a federal institution?

If you and your buddies so badly need these symbols of failed rebellion predicated on the gnarliest practice in human history, go build a museum or put them in your yard. You are completely free to do so, so what are you whining about? Us not paying for it and you having to? Your not a victim of anything here.

Lol ok. It's a question of money then. Great analysis.

I don't usually respond to morons like you, but I figured I would. The only group this is antagonizing is the racist alt right/neo-nazis that use this as a reason to congregate and promote hate.They are already antagonized by everyone that isn't white. Also, cultural symbols? get the fuck out of here goob.

It's unbelievable that people can actually see it this way.

You have been brainwashed, Sir. Good job.

Oh look a memorial to a man who beat up black people. We better remove it and transport it to the local museum.

9d5a7d4f-efed-4ebb-a16b-e6b8428e2499.JPG

@lfd0311 @Goonerview @leto1776
Equivalency, get your hot fresh equivalency heah!

It's unbelievable that people can actually see it this way.

You have been brainwashed, Sir. Good job.

Don't deflect that shit on me while you're out there swallowing the donalds loads on a daily basis.

Lol ok. It's a question of money then. Great analysis.

Then what unfair treatment by the government are the people who support these symbols being being subjected to? The government and general public not joining them in supporting of these symbols? Why do you need that? If you like them, go ahead and support them yourself on your own dime ... what exactly are you complaining about?

I don't see anything near a majority of the left saying Trump is a Nazi. Show me where you are getting that info.

I've heard people on both sides air their concerns he will at times pander a bit to the extreme factions of the right for votes but no one thinks he's reading Mein Kampf in the oval office.
The issue is, very few from the MSM watching public knows what a Nazi is anymore. These are also the same clueless clowns saying the Civil War was fought over slavery without having any idea that Lincoln was a massive racist, didn't care about slavery one way or the other, anted to ship blacks back to Africa and miss the irony that he only freed slaves in the defeated Southern states but not the north <Lmaoo>

And even when Trump is not openly called a Nazi, the rhetoric being used is absurd and certainly painting him as a Nazi sympathizer. Let's not even get started about "Trump is literally Hitler" rhetoric being used for over a year now. The constant ridiculous white supremacist rhetoric and white bashing created a platform for actual white supremacists to come out of the wood work and other previously none racist and disenfranchised people to be taken in and indoctrinated.

The issue is, very few from the MSM watching public knows what a Nazi is anymore. These are also the same clueless clowns saying the Civil War was fought over slavery without having any idea that Lincoln was a massive racist, didn't care about slavery one way or the other, anted to ship blacks back to Africa and miss the irony that he only freed slaves in the defeated Southern states but not the north <Lmaoo>

And even when Trump is not openly called a Nazi, the rhetoric being used is absurd and certainly painting him as a Nazi sympathizer. Let's not even get started about "Trump is literally Hitler" rhetoric being used for over a year now. The constant ridiculous white supremacist rhetoric and white bashing created a platform for actual white supremacists to come out of the wood work and other previously none racist and disenfranchised people to be taken in and indoctrinated.

Civli war was fought over slavery as far as the South was concerned. The union fought to preserve the union, wars don't just have one cause. The fact the north was fighting for the union doesn't negate the south's obsession with federalizing slavery as it's major cause.

The majority of the left does not have a long running very personal feud with Trump like Rosie and doesn't respond to him like she does. Colbert is hitting at his pandering to white supremacists, not saying Trump wants to rid the country of jews and minorities. Everyone knows who the Nazis are. You're painting half the country with a very broad brush and it doesn't fit. Liberals don't actually think a majority of conservatives believe Obama was secretly a muslim from Kenya or "Killary" is ordering multiple assassinations on political threats. We live and work amongst each other every day, don't try to dumb everyone down to the worst case scenario.

Then what unfair treatment by the government are the people who support these symbols being being subjected to? The government and general public not joining them in supporting of these symbols? Why do you need that? If you like them, go ahead and support them yourself on your own dime ... what exactly are you complaining about?

I don't like these symbols. I don't like the Confederacy, I don't like the American South and I don't like Trump. I am not even American. I am not vested in the issue at hand and quite frankly I don't give a fuck about the freak show that is American racial relations.

But I can smell a pile of shit when it is big enough and it is everywhere scattered in the room. The mainstream media are twisting this to make it appear like it was a bunch of Nazi terrorists that decided to kill innocents. But this flies in the face of what actually happened.

If American Southerners want to protest again the tearing down of these statues it is their right and I respect them for defending their heritage. If antifa protesters antigonise them and shit gets out of hand, it doesn't make the initial protesters all a bunch of nazis like the media portrays it.

I don't like these symbols. I don't like the Confederacy, I don't like the American South and I don't like Trump. I am not even American. I am not vested in the issue at hand and quite frankly I don't give a fuck about the freak show that is American racial relations.

But I can smell a pile of shit when it is big enough and it is everywhere scattered in the room. The mainstream media are twisting this to make it appear like it was a bunch of Nazi terrorists that decided to kill innocents. But this flies in the face of what actually happened.

If American Southerners want to protest again the tearing down of these statues it is their right and I respect them for defending their heritage. If antifa protesters antigonise them and shit gets out of hand, it doesn't make the initial protesters all a bunch of nazis like the media portrays it.

Huh?

Nothing you just posted as anything to do with this thread. See where it says Baltimore in the title?

When they took it down there were civilians from both sides present. The media gave interviews to both and presented opinions from both sides. It was peaceful. So what are you upset about again?

Last edited:
He had slaves, dickhead.

He may not be a symbol of racism to you, but to those on the left, HE IS.

I'm on the left. No he isn't. I've haven't heard a single person ever say he was. I'm sure I could find a few out of the millions of people in this country if I googled it, but I can also find more flat-earthers, so who gives a fuck. You are spazzing out and telling half the country what they think when they clearly don't. Take a deep breath.

It was a wussy thing to do, taking them all down over night. Straight wussified. Afraid to be open about it, and let the public discourse take place.

Frack Baltimore.

And their specific grievance was losing their states' rights to ______________________

If you are getting at owning slaves, I said that. But it was also the fact that the northern states, who they felt had more influence, was telling them what to do.

I can cite quite a few sources on this.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?125433-Real-reasons-for-the-Civil-War
https://www.nps.gov/civilwar/causes.htm

You know I am not a southern man, nor hold their racist bigotry in any regard except contempt. So I hope you weren't suggesting that I am in any way flying a rebel flag or anything of the sort. I think it is stupid to remove the statues, or rather destroy them. They represent an important part of our history. So as I suggested, put them in a park on private land.

Last edited:
Evidence it was mostly about state's rights? I've never seen where the south ever fought for any state's right not to be told what to do. When South Carolina threatened to secede in 31-33 over tariffs did Jackson the southern president or a single other southern state support their state's rights to do so? No, they slapped SC down.

When northern states didn't want to participate in kidnapping and trafficking of slaves back to work/death camps did a single state in the south support their right to choose what they could and couldn't do? No.

When drafting the confederate constitution did the south allow other states the right to choose to allow slavery or not? No.

When they published their articles of secession did they name slavery or a states right to make choices independently as their reasoning? Slavery, in like the first line almost every time.

Are these actions mostly about slavery or states rights? Slavery.

You guys are killing me. I said slavery was one of the biggest reason for the civil war, but there were other reasons.

http://www.historynet.com/causes-of-the-civil-war
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?125433-Real-reasons-for-the-Civil-War
Slavery was the reason the southern states wanted secede. I am not a history buff, but I think the links above show that I am not a complete idiot, as you guys are suggesting

Martin Luther King opposed gay marriage. When will his statues be taken down?

You guys are killing me. I said slavery was one of the biggest reason for the civil war, but there were other reasons.

http://www.historynet.com/causes-of-the-civil-war
Slavery was the reason the southern states wanted secede. I am not a history buff, but I think the links above show that I am not a complete idiot, as you guys are suggesting

You did say slavery was a big reason, but then you said it was mostly state's rights. Which means state's rights would have to be a very, very big reason. I debated they weren't nearly as big a priority as slavery to the south with some political actions as evidence. That's all. No one called you an idiot. Sorry if it came off that way.

I guess I got a little sand in my vag when I saw a bunch of replys to my comment. As I said, I am not a history buff, but I did read up on a few articles when all of this stuff came to a head. I would still say slavery was the tipping point, but there had been bad feelings brewing for over fifty years. There were a whole host of reasons, but I feel that the southern states felt like they were treated as less sophisticated and thus, less intelligent than their northern counterparts. Before the industrial revolution, the south had a lot of influence because cotton was such a cash crop, along with tobacco. When industry took off, some of the influence of the south went with it, and the south was treated like the bastard states.

Last edited:
Have blacks ever fought for rights other than their own? Asking for a friend.

Haha. Pretty funny, huh? I love all of the contradictions among the new liberal goofs. Think some gay, white guy would ever dare suggest we take the MLK statues down? No? Me either. But it is funny to think about. Selective, fake outrage nonsense.

Back