Confederate Statues In Baltimore Taken Down Overnight

I assumed it was more of a direct "fuck these guys" statement, not about squashing history.

It's absolutely about making history more comfortable for them personally, which is becoming a big thing for young Leftists. And on top of that, why? Why "f*ck these guys"? That wasn't the attitude of the men who actually fought against them for 4 years, 170 years ago. Many of those men served the country in combat before and after the Civil War, why are we so determined to destroy that? The Left seems determined to turn every single Confederate General into Nathan Bedford Forrest. It's silly, gross and dishonest, and that type of attitude should not be encouraged.

I'm not that George Washington and Robert E Lee are the same, but George Washington is next in line. The Marxists won't stop demanding until they have full control.

This is the crux of the problem

Ok, take all these statues and put them in a museum, or build a confederate park somewhere. Maybe have it paid for by a private donor so there is no controversy over it being paid for with taxes.

Slavery was a big reason for the civil war, but mostly, it was about state's rights, specifically the right to secede when they felt that they had no control or influence. The southern states did not want to be told what they could, and could not do.
And their specific grievance was losing their states' rights to ______________________

I don't disagree. Ther is no reason these things should be on Government property. They are monuments of history, nothing more. They should be in museums.

At the same time, where did this sudden outrage come from? It's seems very disingenuous to me, especially as it's mainly coming from white Liberals, and seemingly out of nowhere, over the top vitriol and rhetoric, which has become just standard practice. It's how the Left gets it's way and feels powerful and shouldn't be catered to in my opinion.

Sudden outrage? There have been protests dating back to the civil rights era on the flag and confederate army monuments. They should have gone to the museums along with the "whites only" drinking fountains back then but alas, common sense beig acted on can take time.

I remember debates over the confederate flag on government buildings being national news a few different times growing up. This isn't something brand new, it's just been a long process.

It's absolutely about making history more comfortable for them personally, which is becoming a big thing for young Leftists. And on top of that, why? Why "f*ck these guys"? That wasn't the attitude of the men who actually fought against them for 4 years, 170 years ago. Many of those men served the country in combat before and after the Civil War, why are we so determined to destroy that? The Left seems determined to turn every single Confederate General into Nathan Bedford Forrest. It's silly, gross and dishonest, and that type of attitude should not be encouraged.
I'll leave you alone.

This is the crux of the problem

There's a fanatical group of Marxist targeting all our statues. Ok.....

This total "sky is always falling" hyperbolic think is the crux of the problem in this country and paralyzes us from taking simple common sense action. Conservative fear mongering is out of control.

There's a fanatical group of Marxist targeting statues. Ok.....

This total "sky is always falling" hyperbolic think is the crux of the problem in this country and paralyzes is for taking simple common sense action. Conservative fear mongering is out of control.
The smartest thing that could have been done was what they did, quietly remove the lightning rod.

Oh look a memorial to a man who beat up black people. We better remove it and transport it to the local museum.

9d5a7d4f-efed-4ebb-a16b-e6b8428e2499.JPG

@lfd0311 @Goonerview @leto1776

There's a fanatical group of Marxist targeting all our statues. Ok.....

This total "sky is always falling" hyperbolic think is the crux of the problem in this country and paralyzes us from taking simple common sense action. Conservative fear mongering is out of control.
Both sides are equally guilty of hyperbolic thought.

However, one side isn't claiming Trump, a New York real estate mogul with a Jewish daughter, to be a Nazi.....one side isn't firing centrist employees for expressing tolerance of ideas and not skin color & genetalia, wanting to create a dialogue between two sides and putting out a manifesto with a heavily sourced scientific documentation......one side isn't trying to shut down lawful free speech because they don't share the same opinions or even care to understand where the opinions came from.

I am a leftist in many ways, I voted for Bernie in the primary, and the problem is our side cannot police and rectify the problems on our side. The DNC primary just proved how horrible things are, with Hillary needing to steal votes, engage in election fraud, and the DNC helping here and totally rigging the game and alienating their constituents. Let's not even get started about what happened when a certain 27 year old DNC employee, Seth Rich, who got fed up with the criminality and contacted Wikileaks - he was then ironically murdered two weeks after establishing his drop box and Wikileaks receiving said information.

And what happens after Seth Rich dies? RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA! One giant fraud job, with the exact reason being garnering ratings and engineering hyperbolic thought. What happens? A new Salem Witch Hunt, a new Red Scare, with sanctions being levied against innocent Russian people based on a fairytale meant to conceal the content of the Wikileaks and the fact the DNC (entire establishment government) engage in mass election fraud, countless crimes against We The People and will kill, start wars (Civil and abroad) and brainwash the people with lying, consent manufacturing propaganda to get their way, make a few bucks, stay at the trough and conceal their criminality.

I'm no fan of Trump but the MSM, deep state, Eatablishment DNC and RNC are the ones to be blamed. They wanted Charlottesville to happen...and if not, why give the stand down and deny protection to the permitted assembled peoples? If not, why have 99% of coverage be about "nothing burger Russia" and not one mention of #ExitPollGate, the content of the Wikileaks, the fact our government is blatantly one giant pay to play slush fund and the "charitable" Clinton Foundation shut down as soon as the Clintons were not in government? Why focus on a one time meeting with then civilian Trump Jr had for 20 minutes with some low level Russian bums when we have evidence Hillary Clinton sold 20% of the United States Uranium, after visiting Russia as Secretary of State, and the Clinton Foundation conveniently receiving a massive "charitable " contribution days later from Russia?

Call it "charitable" and conceal pay to play. Call it "racist" first and then it's OK to assault anyone you want. Call it "a long established reputable news source" and then it's OK to lie and manipulate in any way you want.

Time to take care of our own family before we start trying to police others. Let's get some of those Antifa outside Debbie Wasserman Shultz's house and punish here for stealing the vote from the American people. Let's get some Antifa outside Corey Bookers office and make him atone for accepting hundreds of thousands of dollars from Big Pharma, and then voting against the Bernie Canadian import prescription bill that would have saved lives, saved Americans billions on pharmaceuticals and would not have hurt anyone except some crooked Big Pharma crooks. Let's get some Antifa outside MSM, Hollywood and the DNC for shamelessly promoting identity politics and shaming the white man, calling him "racist, evil, not wanted, sexist, wanted eradicated" and then forcing all these normal young American men to not only vote Trump in the swing states but to even become racists in some cases.

But no, this is what the deep state does and 95% of the people out there are deep state hoes, and they don't even know it. I guess it feels better to point the finger on an emotionally informed adrenalin fueled high, rather than trying to use logic and make this world a better place.

Good for Baltimore. This is how it should be done as opposed to vandalism. Get rid of all symbols of racism.

You fucking idiot. Take away cultural symbols overnight and expect it not to cause tension?

You are the typical blind SJW that doesn't understand that antagonising a group of people has consequences.

<36>

Oh, what's next, you want to bring up how Hillary said gays should not marry and then later said they should, when it was politically convenient? Bro, these are politicians and TIME and CONTEX are everything - what was happening at the beginning of the war, not the end, that is key. Here is what Lincoln originally said, as we are questioning the reasons for the war happening, and this is what Lincoln said;

1. On the expansion of slavery:

Lincoln said:

There is a natural disgust in the minds of nearly all white people to the idea of indiscriminate amalgamation of the white and black races ... A separation of the races is the only perfect preventive of amalgamation, but as an immediate separation is impossible, the next best thing is to keep them apart where they are not already together. If white and black people never get together in Kansas, they will never mix blood in Kansas ...

2. On shipping blacks back to Africa:

Lincoln said:

In the language of Mr. Jefferson, uttered many years ago, "It is still in our power to direct the process of emancipation, and deportation, peaceably, and in such slow degrees, as that the evil will wear off insensibly; and in their places be, pari passu [on an equal basis], filled up by free white laborers."

3. On outlawing slavery in the south (before the rebellion).

Lincoln said:

I have no purpose directly or indirectly to interfere with the institution of slavery in the states where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so.

4. On equality:

Lincoln said:

I have no purpose to introduce political and social equality between the white and black races. There is physical difference between the two which, in my judgment, will probably forever forbid their living together upon the footing of perfect equality, and inasmuch as it becomes a necessity that there must be a difference, I, as well as Judge Douglas, am in favor of the race to which I belong having the superior position.

5. On inter-racial marriage:

Lincoln said:

Our republican system was meant for a homogeneous people. As long as blacks continue to live with the whites they constitute a threat to the national life. Family life may also collapse and the increase of mixed breed bastards may some day challenge the supremacy of the white man.

Your Hero literally wanted to ship the blacks back to Africa rather than having them integrate if he could not keep slavery going, and found the prospect of living beside them to be utterly repulsive. Infact, he did not even think they were human, thus why he did not grant them full constitutional rights when it was politically convenient to do so. Emancipation was purely politically motivated and was an after thought -- Don't bite the Hollywood BS and look at what the man said, don't cherry pick out of context. His views on the African Race are more extreme than anyone you would have found at Saturday's past rally.

Time to take down the Lincoln Memorial. We can't have racist and oppressive people having statues and others having their ripped down.

p.s. @lfd0311

No idea why you tagged me in this.

You fucking idiot. Take away cultural symbols overnight and expect it not to cause tension?

You are the typical blind SJW that doesn't understand that antagonising a group of people has consequences.
You fucking idiot. Put up symbols glorifying slaveholding and racial oppression, and then have a white supremacists rally supporting them, and expect it to not cause tension?

You are the typical unhinged far-right loon that doesn't understand that antagonizing a group of people has consequences.

<Moves>

Both sides are equally guilty of hyperbolic thought.

However, one side isn't claiming Trump, a New York real estate mogul with a Jewish daughter, to be a Nazi.....one side isn't firing centrist employees for expressing tolerance of ideas and not skin color & genetalia, wanting to create a dialogue between two sides and putting out a manifesto with a heavily sourced scientific documentation......one side isn't trying to shut down lawful free speech because they don't share the same opinions or even care to understand where the opinions came from.

I am a leftist in many ways, I voted for Bernie in the primary, and the problem is our side cannot police and rectify the problems on our side. The DNC primary just proved how horrible things are, with Hillary needing to steal votes, engage in election fraud, and the DNC helping here and totally rigging the game and alienating their constituents. Let's not even get started about what happened when a certain 27 year old DNC employee, Seth Rich, who got fed up with the criminality and contacted Wikileaks - he was then ironically murdered two weeks after establishing his drop box and Wikileaks receiving said information.

And what happens after Seth Rich dies? RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA! One giant fraud job, with the exact reason being garnering ratings and engineering hyperbolic thought. What happens? A new Salem Witch Hunt, a new Red Scare, with sanctions being levied against innocent Russian people based on a fairytale meant to conceal the content of the Wikileaks and the fact the DNC (entire establishment government) engage in mass election fraud, countless crimes against We The People and will kill, start wars (Civil and abroad) and brainwash the people with lying, consent manufacturing propaganda to get their way, make a few bucks, stay at the trough and conceal their criminality.

I'm no fan of Trump but the MSM, deep state, Eatablishment DNC and RNC are the ones to be blamed. They wanted Charlottesville to happen...and if not, why give the stand down and deny protection to the permitted assembled peoples? If not, why have 99% of coverage be about "nothing burger Russia" and not one mention of #ExitPollGate, the content of the Wikileaks, the fact our government is blatantly one giant pay to play slush fund and the "charitable" Clinton Foundation shut down as soon as the Clintons were not in government? Why focus on a one time meeting with then civilian Trump Jr had for 20 minutes with some low level Russian bums when we have evidence Hillary Clinton sold 20% of the United States Uranium, after visiting Russia as Secretary of State, and the Clinton Foundation conveniently receiving a massive "charitable " contribution days later from Russia?

Call it "charitable" and conceal pay to play. Call it "racist" first and then it's OK to assault anyone you want. Call it "a long established reputable news source" and then it's OK to lie and manipulate in any way you want.

Time to take care of our own family before we start trying to police others. Let's get some of those Antifa outside Debbie Wasserman Shultz's house and punish here for stealing the vote from the American people. Let's get some Antifa outside Corey Bookers office and make him atone for accepting hundreds of thousands of dollars from Big Pharma, and then voting against the Bernie Canadian import prescription bill that would have saved lives, saved Americans billions on pharmaceuticals and would not have hurt anyone except some crooked Big Pharma crooks. Let's get some Antifa outside MSM, Hollywood and the DNC for shamelessly promoting identity politics and shaming the white man, calling him "racist, evil, not wanted, sexist, wanted eradicated" and then forcing all these normal young American men to not only vote Trump in the swing states but to even become racists in some cases.

But no, this is what the deep state does and 95% of the people out there are deep state hoes, and they don't even know it. I guess it feels better to point the finger on an emotionally informed adrenalin fueled high, rather than trying to use logic and make this world a better place.

I don't see anything near a majority of the left saying Trump is a Nazi. Show me where you are getting that info.

I've heard people on both sides air their concerns he will at times pander a bit to the extreme factions of the right for votes but no one thinks he's reading Mein Kampf in the oval office.

Since when is it all the tax payers responsibility to erect and upkeep symbols you like on tax payer property? Especially when they are monuments to a political attempt to make the slavery of their ancestors a federal institution?

If you and your buddies so badly need these symbols of failed rebellion predicated on the gnarliest practice in human history, go build a museum or put them in your yard. You are completely free to do so, so what are you whining about? Us not paying for it and you having to? Your not a victim of anything here.

I don't usually respond to morons like you, but I figured I would. The only group this is antagonizing is the racist alt right/neo-nazis that use this as a reason to congregate and promote hate.They are already antagonized by everyone that isn't white. Also, cultural symbols? get the fuck out of here goob.

Back