Condit (28 Finishes) Slams Woodley (Boring, Play-It-Safe Fighter)

Is Woodley an exciting fighter?

• Total voters
I'm a fan of Woodley. His fights are 50 / 50 for me. Sometimes he's exciting (I.E his back and forth with Thompson & Marquardt (even though he lost)), other times he's a stalemate.

But I do tune in to watch his fights, and I like his approach outside of fighting. He's good on Fox Sports as an analyst.

That marquart fight was a very very long time ago...and his fights with thompson was mostly boring as hell...in the 1st fight, there were moments it was exciting...but lately, woodley is becoming the most boring fighter not to mention champion, i have seen in a long time...I wish we brought back Rory, to kick is ass again...

Carlos Condit didn’t earn the nickname “The Natural Born Killer” by playing it safe during his fights.

Probably woke up one morning and thought, Hey, I think the Natural Born Killer would be a pretty extreme nickname. I'm going to use that from now on.

The nicknames that are earned are typically not that long or elaborate. Brazilians typically go by this nicknames instead of some self made up one.

He didn't slam Woodley, he said he should have opened up against Maia and that he can understand the criticism.

I don't think that worked well for Condit against Maia, but whatever.

Condit didn't go for the kill in his first truly big UFC fight against Diaz, but he changed back when he fought GSP and Robbie for the title, so get over it.

That fight was still more exciting than any fight Woodley has been in. It's called strategy, standing right infront of Nick would be stupid. He still landed more strikes in that fight than Woodley has in his entire career.

I thought Woodley landing overhand rights at will and ragdolling Condit was more exciting.

But that's just me I guess.

Woodley has too much muscle and his cardio doesn't match that. That's why he throws 4 punches a round and does just enough to win the rounds, scared of getting tired. If he doesn't land that huge punch and rocks his opponent you know it's going to be a boring fight.

I thought Woodley landing overhand rights at will and ragdolling Condit was more exciting.

But that's just me I guess.
Idk I just remember him laying on top of Condit and being tired out and about to get wrecked by Condit before his knee blew out.

When is Woodley fighting next? ANYONE would make a better champion over him.

I thought the Condit Diaz fight was entertaining, it wasn't what I expected but still a good match.

Also I thought the Woodley Condit fight was exciting and that Condit's probably just salty he hurt his leg whilst being taken down. He's just mad that some view it as a Woodley victory rather than a freak accident.

Maia v Woodley was so boring, I get that Tyron wants to hold onto the belt and the money, don't blame him in fact but he's gonna become the next Sylvia if he carries on fighting that way

Condit ain’t wrong, but he is criticizing a guy for not finishing when the same guy finished him...just sayin!

Woodley is big (admits he walks around at 205 lbs), strong, hits hard, and has solid wrestling. And the safety net of a job at Fox. He should be an exciting fighter.

Hypocrite. Where was this attitude when he was running away from Nick Diaz and throwing little baby leg kicks?

<DisgustingHHH>

"The Natural Born runner"

2mzz9nd.gif

I read the quote, but running from Diaz was neither "entertaining" nor "trying to put your opponent out"
That was 1 fight in 40 + fights get over it. The dude has over 90% finishing rate and is always going for the finish and doing exciting shit even though he could of probably played it safe and not has as many loses(decisions by the way)

All who voted rarely mean Woodley is exciting when getting battered.
Lol

i don't even like woodley but he had no problem finishing you condit.

and before asspained dorks jump all over me, woodley's takedown CAUSED the knee injury, and then woodley's leg kick spun condit around and fucked his knee even worse so it was a legit stoppage.

Well, he's right.

And lol @ people nitpicking specific moments where Condit "ran away" to attempt to paint him as a hypocrite. The man has 28 finishes out of 30 victories, that says it all.

Exactly, which is why Condit can STFU. Woodley wins his fights.
Dude he didn't even really say anything bad about Woodley, he said he sees where the critics are coming from. It isn't like he's out there calling him a boring undeserving champ like everyone around here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back