Comparing Conor McGregor & BJ Penn

Both love to fight bigger men and lose and lose both are overated. Its like their addicted to losing at bigger guys and cant stop

Where is the evidence that he "can't" make the weight, as opposed to he's just not interesting in FW anymore. Who is there he's interested in that'll move the needle, as they say?
Like I mentioned, last year he was comfortably sitting at 75 kilos according to him. That's not that big to be impractical to make FW.
IV to make it. No longer an option. Stop trolling or turn off the blinders. He can’t do it and he never will EVER fight at 145

IV to make it. No longer an option. Stop trolling or turn off the blinders. He can’t do it and he never will EVER fight at 145

I'm gonna ask you what I asked Dana's Moonface....source?

Source for this IV business.

BJ went full tippy toes, call me when mcgregor does the same.

hmm interesting I didn't know they let white belts in the UFC
Also another fact to consider is that Conor was max halloways 6th UFC fight and Conor's second UFC fight
Age aside that means max was the more experienced fighter at that point.

Seriously? Are you that new to the sport?
There are no rules that say fighters has to have a certain rank in any sport.

Conor can do that while drinking whiskey and karate kicking a soccer ball at the same time.

3EAKx8vv6Gqke8ydJS.gif

Lmao.
Citation needed. And not the Floyd Mayweather rumors either, buster.

If he's a "full on LW", then what are Tony Ferguson, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Nate Diaz, Donald Cerrone, 180 lb Anthony Pettis, etc?

You're a major fan boy mate. I hope you don't take his future losses bad. The guy is finished as an elite fighter.

You're a major fan boy mate. I hope you don't take his future losses bad. The guy is finished as an elite fighter.

I'll take that as a concession on your part. No evidence of the IV from you or the other guy, just Mayweather rumors.

I'm not a "fanboy" nor is he finished as an elite fighter, but keep Sherbroing.

Both love to fight bigger men and lose and lose both are overated. Its like their addicted to losing at bigger guys and cant stop
hey... BJ was asking for Fujita instead of Machida...

I know this will seem blasphemous to some, but I wanted to throw out a thought I had today - That BJ Penn and Conor Mcgregor will go down with very similar legacies. The obvious link is that both men have won titles in 2 different weight classes, but I think the most important thing about both men is their ambitious mentality; the genuine willingness they have to fight anybody. Penn is idolized for the size of his balls and fighting anywhere from 145 to fighting Machida (225lbs) when Penn himself weighed 191.
Conor's history of taking short notice opponents, jumping around weight classes on a whim, just so that he could take on his perceived biggest challenge is extremely ambitious, just as Penn was. Sure, both men have failed plenty, but they have also succeeded on a historical level in MMA. Does this comparison of "warrior spirit" make sense to anyone (I know the responses I'll get from fanboys of either man lol), or am I just crazy and a little stoned?

TL;DR - McGregor and Penn are very similar in mindset, confidence and ambition as fighters.
They don't really though. BJ was literally willing to fight anyone anywhere and fought guys who where actually bigger than him when he went up in weight, not guys who fight in his own weightclass at his usual in cage weight without having to do a really draining cut.

The short notice opponents loses a lot of its appeal too when he always picked the most inactive person on his options list as the opponent after having a full camp himself and it was more about not losing the millions of dollars he was expecting to earn on that date. Not really the same thing as richboy BJ's "Anyone anywhere anytime" mentality.

I'll take that as a concession on your part. No evidence of the IV from you or the other guy, just Mayweather rumors.

I'm not a "fanboy" nor is he finished as an elite fighter, but keep Sherbroing.

Conor looks like a fucking crackehead at 145. No chance he is not using illegal aid to drain that much water and then re hydrate.

Back