Comparing Conor McGregor & BJ Penn

Conor isn’t underrated he is extremely underrated. This is a fact, that you are clearly too stupid to see. All Sherdog does is bash him, before and after Khabib. At least admit that.

Conor isn’t overrated he is extremely overrrated. This is a fact, that you are clearly too stupid to see. All nuthuggers do is gobble his knobs, before and after Khabib. At least admit that.

hmm interesting I didn't know they let white belts in the UFC
Also another fact to consider is that Conor was max halloways 6th UFC fight and Conor's second UFC fight
Age aside that means max was the more experienced fighter at that point.
Max was a late replacement for Lamas. There weren’t too many FW at the time as the division was fairly new after the WEC merge. The Lorenzo liked what Max showed in the fight and offered him a contract and he fought very often, yes Max was more seasoned in the big leagues at the time Conor I believe had more fights in general

Bj Penn actually defended his title multiple times

Conor doesnt compare to BJ as a champion

Nah.

Conor is very lean, which is probably why he looks like death at 145, but his cut is no more difficult than many other featherweights. It's the diet that's hard, he says. We've never heard of him close to collapsing after a weight cut or anything like that.

Conor used IV. No way he would make 145 playing by the rules. He's full on LW.

again buddy you're just throwing shit against a wall and hoping that it sticks
Come back when you can apply facts and go through puberty that way your irrational hatred doesn't compose the bulk of your arguments
I’m sorry Conor. It’s ok. You’re the best. You never lost

Not really comparable legacies. BJ is heavily overrated on this site like most guys form 10+ years ago, and Conor is severely underrated.

Explain?

One guy was a champion in two classes, who defended his titles.

The other tucked tail and ran.

Conor Is majorly overrated on this forum.

Both tarnished their legacy by making the same mistake and not continuing to compete at the weight class which was best suited for them to be successful, and in doing so failed to achieve the long string of title defenses/extended unbeaten streak which tends to be requisite for GOAT status.

I don’t know how most people feel about racking up title defenses vs taking the biggest fights.

Look at MM. Record number of defenses. But not many fans seem to care.
BJ and Conor are legendary, but don’t have those stats.

IMO, Woodley moving up and beating Whitaker has to be worth at least 5 defenses.
MM beating TJ same.

It even seems like the majority of fans respect a fighter for just making the attempt, even if they lose.

Comparison abrupt halt at:
* BJ Penn fought bigger opponents
* McGregor fights smaller opponents.

/cheers

Conor cant do this

Amazing-BJ-Penn-Pool-Jump-GIF.gif

Conor can do that while drinking whiskey and karate kicking a soccer ball at the same time.

Might have been a more similar comparison if Conor didn't have the Mayweather fight. That caused a big gap in his prime and makes it hard for him to take a lot of fights (considering how much less he gets paid compared to the Mayweather fight).

Not really comparable legacies. BJ is heavily overrated on this site like most guys form 10+ years ago, and Conor is severely underrated.

Penn is pretty underrated compared to when he was actually fighting and his fans said he was the best fighter in the world

I don’t know how most people feel about racking up title defenses vs taking the biggest fights.

IMO, Woodley moving up and beating Whitaker has to be worth at least 5 defenses.
MM beating TJ same.

It even seems like the majority of fans respect a fighter for just making the attempt, even if they lose.
I like fighters that take risks and put on exciting fights win or lose

but I also think that in general consistency is a requirement for greatness in MMA, in most peoples' eyes at least.

hmm interesting I didn't know they let white belts in the UFC
Also another fact to consider is that Conor was max halloways 6th UFC fight and Conor's second UFC fight
Age aside that means max was the more experienced fighter at that point.
Colored belts have no meaning whatsoever in how a fighter could be in the UFC or in any other fighting org.
What it matters is your curriculum as an MMA fighter.
Also when connie got into the UFC he was already a pro fighter who had a full back up team while Max was training in his garage.
WTH ate you talking about?

MM beating TJ same.

DJ and the FlW div had a problem to gather attention to themselves.
Most people respect the hell of Demetrius but they didn’t cared about paying to see him fight.
DJ never was a magnetic presence.

People cared about BJ and care about Connie because of how “special”they looked,something DJ never was capable to do.

The thing is(unless you are just cheerleading for a specific fighter)consistency matters,style makes fights matters.
Going up in weight to fight someone who maybe match up well with your style,or that have a clear weak spot you CAN explore easily is not as impressive as defending your tittle in your own weight class getting into hard match ups.

In that context,what BJ did is much more impressive then what Connie did.

He had no contenders to fight when he went crazy asking to fight everybody in and outside the UFC.

Connie on the other hand,had at least Frankie to fight at FW But he went away looking for a TM against RDA and later EA.
Had he,after his loss to Nate comeback to FW and defeated Frankie the criticism against him would greatly diminish.

The biggest similarity is that they are both front runners and have shitty cardio.

Rogan fooled Conor and everyone else into believing khabib had a bad chin and amateur striking, if not for that Conor would've never fought khabib.

Conor used IV. No way he would make 145 playing by the rules. He's full on LW.

Lmao.
Citation needed. And not the Floyd Mayweather rumors either, buster.

If he's a "full on LW", then what are Tony Ferguson, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Nate Diaz, Donald Cerrone, 180 lb Anthony Pettis, etc?

He can’t make the weight. Mark my words, he wont

Where is the evidence that he "can't" make the weight, as opposed to he's just not interesting in FW anymore. Who is there he's interested in that'll move the needle, as they say?
Like I mentioned, last year he was comfortably sitting at 75 kilos according to him. That's not that big to be impractical to make FW.

Back