Comparing Conor McGregor & BJ Penn

Not really comparable legacies. BJ is heavily overrated on this site like most guys form 10+ years ago, and Conor is severely underrated.
You wouldn’t know anything about Bj legacy as you weren’t a fan until recently.

Comparing skill set alone, Bj Penn’s is much more effective.

Conor is right where he’s but he’s slowly getting to the overrated area because he really hasn’t shown anything else other than boxing. Don’t bring up the fight against Max fight where he showed “amazing grappling” according to you against 2 stripe white belt.

Conor cant do this

Amazing-BJ-Penn-Pool-Jump-GIF.gif

Conor can’t do it even if you take away the pool.

Eddie whom most people don't actually consider the best in the weight class.

Someone should deveolp some kind of a ranking system to determine who's best. Or maybe they could give the best guy some kind of a title and other people could challenge him for it to see who's the best. That way we wouldn't ever have to rely on what "most people" consider and could just go with empirical evidence.

Conor will never have the honor of being mentioned in the same breath as BJ fucking Penn.

Conor looked like shit weighing at 145. Maybe long term health fx from cutting that much
Yet Conor still is a smaller "fw" then either Max or Ortega.

You wouldn’t know anything about Bj legacy as you weren’t a fan until recently.

Comparing skill set alone, Bj Penn’s is much more effective.

Conor is right where he’s but he’s slowly getting to the overrated area because he really hasn’t shown anything else other than boxing. Don’t bring up the fight against Max fight where he showed “amazing grappling” according to you against 2 stripe white belt.

They started jiu-jitsu the same time. Overrated, but most think 2 weight world champion can’t even beat ranked guys? What an idiot.

Presuming I never watched penn in his prime? Do you just like being wrong?

Penn isn’t on the same level as Conor, deal with it.

Too bad fights are 3-5 rounds

And I agree and have said it forever. Conor is only dangerous 1-2 rounds in. He becomes a B level fighter after that.
He’ll never hold gold again

He can get gold at FW.

At lightweight, I am not as confident, especially if Khabib is never dethroned. If it's anyone else but Khabib, I favor Conor.

They started jiu-jitsu the same time. Overrated, but most think 2 weight world champion can’t even beat ranked guys? What an idiot.

Presuming I never watched penn in his prime? Do you just like being wrong?

Penn isn’t on the same level as Conor, deal with it.

You never watched Penn in his prime, your full shit dude.

Conor has been training in Jiu Jitsu far longer than Max. Max entered the UFC literally as a white belt, Conor was already Purple Belt.

A Prime Bj Penn would absolutely murder Conor. I see nothing in his skill set than can change that.

Someone should deveolp some kind of a ranking system to determine who's best. Or maybe they could give the best guy some kind of a title and other people could challenge him for it to see who's the best. That way we wouldn't ever have to rely on what "most people" consider and could just go with empirical evidence.

Oh my, how right you are.

Perhaps with such a ranking system will we no longer have guys who’ve never fought in a particular weight class be allowed to jump the ranks and get an immediate title shot.

<YeahOKJen>

Whats there to compare
Conor is way better and greater then "to the death" guy

He can get gold at FW.

At lightweight, I am not as confident, especially if Khabib is never dethroned. If it's anyone else but Khabib, I favor Conor.
He can’t make the weight. Mark my words, he wont

Not really comparable legacies. BJ is heavily overrated on this site like most guys form 10+ years ago, and Conor is severely underrated.

Did you really just say that Conor is underrated?
<Dany07>

Did you not see the number of dumbass knob-gobblers who were so confident he’d KO Khabib easily but instead got absolutely destroyed?

Oh wait! Weren’t you one of them?

and you know this how? Motherfucker never missed weight one time, he never needed extra time to make weight, he weighed in at 144.5 three times in his career and made championship weight 80% of the time
Meanwhile the current featherweight champ couldn't make weight at LW against Khabib and had to pull out because he damned near killed himself trying to make weight against Ortega
He also hasn’t gone back. Why is that?
Why did he look like death prior?

Why did he fight Nate at 170? Because he didn’t want to cut weight and wanted an execuse if he fought heavier. Genius right
He will NEVER fight 145 again, anyone with a brain knows it. Also everyone knows that’s why he was so successful , beating up MUCH smaller opponents.

Logical thinking doesn’t seem to exist in Conor fans. It’s weird.

You never watched Penn in his prime, your full shit dude.

Conor has been training in Jiu Jitsu far longer than Max. Max entered the UFC literally as a white belt, Conor was already Purple Belt.

A Prime Bj Penn would absolutely murder Conor. I see nothing in his skill set than can change that.

They started at the same time. This is a fact. Deal with it, like you need to deal with the fact that I was unimpressed watching penn in his prime.

A prime Penn would be destroyed by Conor like he has by like 13 other guys lmao.

Did you really just say that Conor is underrated?
<Dany07>

Did you not see the number of dumbass knob-gobblers who were so confident he’d KO Khabib easily but instead got absolutely destroyed?

Oh wait! Weren’t you one of them?

Conor isn’t underrated he is extremely underrated. This is a fact, that you are clearly too stupid to see. All Sherdog does is bash him, before and after Khabib. At least admit that.

no logical fans would go by past experiences while anti Conor rabid bitches like yourself try to super impose your narrow mind view on reality

Why didn't he go back he destroyed the division then knocked out the greatest FW of all time in 13 seconds and wanted to challenge himself by moving up
Lol

Here is why. Because he can’t believe it himself. He got a lucky punch that proves nothing.

What happens if Aldo cracked him in 12 seconds? You’d be in here with pitch forks demanding a rematch. You can’t have it both ways.

Anyone with a brain understands variance / fights. 1 fight doesn’t prove the better fighter, only that night. Sorry.

Conor has great success at a smaller weight class. He’s not a .500 fighter at his naturally weight. Sorry!

They started at the same time. This is a fact. Deal with it, like you need to deal with the fact that I was unimpressed watching penn in his prime.

A prime Penn would be destroyed by Conor like he has by like 13 other guys lmao.
You deal with it Conor been doing Jiu Jitsu since 08. Max 2012/12. Max was literally a white belt against Poirier in his debut in the UFC.

Back