Commissioner Suggests U.N. Send Troops To Fight ‘Quiet Genocide’ Of Gun Violence In Chicago

mcveteran81

Veteran
Banned
Reaction score
Yes this bullshit is actually real.

CBS Chicago:
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/12/14/richard-boykin-united-nations-gun-violence/

Chicago Tribune:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chicagoinc/ct-met-boykin-un-1215-chicago-inc-20171214-story.html

The New American:
https://www.thenewamerican.com/usne...an-requests-child-raping-un-troops-in-america

President Donald Trump’s implicit threat to put the National Guard on the streets of Chicago to tackle the city’s violence problem attracted widespread ridicule earlier this year.

But if the soldiers were instead wearing the sky blue helmets of United Nations peacekeepers there might not be such a problem, according to Cook County CommissionerRichard Boykin, who flew to New York on Thursday to discuss what he described as a “quiet genocide” in Chicago’s black community with the U.N.’s assistant secretary-general for peacebuilding support, Oscar Fernandez-Taranco.

“The United Nations has a track record of protecting minority populations,” Boykin told Inc. before his meeting. “There was tribal warfare between the Tutsis and the Hutus in Africa, and they deployed peacekeeping troops there to help save those populations and reduce the bloodshed. We have to do something — black people in Chicago make up 30 percent of the population but 80 percent of those who are killed by gun violence.”

Asked how that might differ from sending in the National Guard, Boykin said, “The difference is, I’m not so sure that the National Guard is so used to peacekeeping and a peacekeeping role: The U.N. is trained in this.”

You’d welcome foreign troops on the streets of Austin, North Lawndale, Englewood and Roseland, commissioner?

“I’m talking about whoever the U.N. would decide to send in,” Boykin responded, adding, “I think that the assistant secretary-general may have some ideas outside of sending in troops. He may have some ideas about how we get to peace in these communities.

“We can’t wait for the mayor to put another 1,000 police officers on the streets, and I’m not so sure that’s going to be the panacea, anyhow,” said Boykin, who added that he wanted local officials to sit down together to come up with a solution.

“It’s been a total devastation of the African-American community,” he said.

Asked Wednesday about Boykin’s plan to involve the U.N., Mayor Rahm Emanuel did not respond directly but noted improvements in crime statistics and said he was working to ensure that “people feel a sense of security” in every neighborhood.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously?! Fuck this clown shoes POS. How about hire more cops, pay more for overtime or the very least use our own resources. There's no need for some other countries damn foreign troops to come in and clean our cesspools.

Foreign troops on US soil, what could go wrong? This is a bad idea, hopefully this thought dies quickly.

We should, as a country, focus on inner city violence. Most of our violence in the US is drug related. Reviewing our drug laws should be one of our main focuses if we want to see a frog in guns violence.

From what I understand, the violence is located in very small select areas of the city, right?

If they have to show force to stop the violence, I'm ok with it.

widespread ridicule?

"I want them to fix the problem. You can't have thousands of people being shot in a city in a country that I happen to be president of. Maybe it's OK if somebody else is president," he said. "They have a problem that's very easily fixable. They're gonna have to get tougher and stronger and smarter."

perhaps he should not say such stupid things, then.

otherwise i agree with some possible federal intervention.

Considering how ridiculous high the murder rate is in some areas of Chicago, I am open to this idea if it helps in reducing the homicides...

And if UN troops can provide safety for innocent civilians caught in the middle of this bullshit, then yea...sure...lets see how this works.

Speak for yourself. Not everything is everyone's problem.

Well I guess for starters we agree that the UN cam go get fucked.
IMO inner city violence is something that effects many US cities and should be the concern of the US as a whole.

Peace has to come from inside. Forced peace seems a pretty heavy oxymoron to me as well as something that would last only until the blue hats left to town.

Well I guess for starters we agree that the UN cam go get fucked.
IMO inner city violence is something that effects many US cities and should be the concern of the US as a whole.

Word.

I got my own concerns. God helps those who help themselves. Pretty sure these inner cities don't give a fuck about people's problems elsewhere.

Word.

I got my own concerns. God helps those who help themselves. Pretty sure these inner cities don't give a fuck about people's problems elsewhere.

The problem with violence in low income communities effects the people around this areas and tax payers that have to pay to house criminals. That's why I think it's everyone's problem.

The problem with violence in low income communities effects the people around this areas and tax payers that have to pay to house criminals. That's why I think it's everyone's problem.

Sounds like the definition of a local concern to me. That's why we have city and state governments.

Yes this bullshit is actually real.

CBS Chicago:
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/12/14/richard-boykin-united-nations-gun-violence/

Chicago Tribune:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chicagoinc/ct-met-boykin-un-1215-chicago-inc-20171214-story.html

The New American:
https://www.thenewamerican.com/usne...an-requests-child-raping-un-troops-in-america

President Donald Trump’s implicit threat to put the National Guard on the streets of Chicago to tackle the city’s violence problem attracted widespread ridicule earlier this year.

But if the soldiers were instead wearing the sky blue helmets of United Nations peacekeepers there might not be such a problem, according to Cook County CommissionerRichard Boykin, who flew to New York on Thursday to discuss what he described as a “quiet genocide” in Chicago’s black community with the U.N.’s assistant secretary-general for peacebuilding support, Oscar Fernandez-Taranco.

“The United Nations has a track record of protecting minority populations,” Boykin told Inc. before his meeting. “There was tribal warfare between the Tutsis and the Hutus in Africa, and they deployed peacekeeping troops there to help save those populations and reduce the bloodshed. We have to do something — black people in Chicago make up 30 percent of the population but 80 percent of those who are killed by gun violence.”

Asked how that might differ from sending in the National Guard, Boykin said, “The difference is, I’m not so sure that the National Guard is so used to peacekeeping and a peacekeeping role: The U.N. is trained in this.”

You’d welcome foreign troops on the streets of Austin, North Lawndale, Englewood and Roseland, commissioner?

“I’m talking about whoever the U.N. would decide to send in,” Boykin responded, adding, “I think that the assistant secretary-general may have some ideas outside of sending in troops. He may have some ideas about how we get to peace in these communities.

“We can’t wait for the mayor to put another 1,000 police officers on the streets, and I’m not so sure that’s going to be the panacea, anyhow,” said Boykin, who added that he wanted local officials to sit down together to come up with a solution.

“It’s been a total devastation of the African-American community,” he said.

Asked Wednesday about Boykin’s plan to involve the U.N., Mayor Rahm Emanuel did not respond directly but noted improvements in crime statistics and said he was working to ensure that “people feel a sense of security” in every neighborhood.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously?! Fuck this clown shoes POS. How about hire more cops, pay more for overtime or the very least use our own resources. There's no need for some other countries damn foreign troops to come in and clean our cesspools.
Enforce laws, give sentences that fit the crime.

Remember when the UN went to Haiti, crapped in their water supply, giving the native population cholera that killed thousands?

They should be the last people you'd call to help in a matter like this.

Enforce laws, give sentences that fit the crime.

I think increasing incarceration rates has been pretty well tested and found to be expensive and ineffective.

Better communication between police and the community is worth trying imo.

I don't think it's a good idea but considering how often we okay the UN doing this in other countries, there's a certain circular humor to it as well.

Back