Commissioner Suggests U.N. Send Troops To Fight ‘Quiet Genocide’ Of Gun Violence In Chicago

Here's the logistical problem of police departments. They're already behind the eight ball most of the time.

Hiring more cops is the actual *start* of the process but it's more then just that.

Probation for rookie cops is usually around a year. So the new hires aren't going to make a dent until they are actually past probation to work on thier own or with a peer.

So that's the first step more boots on the ground patrolling. Next that new officer needs experience. (Likely 2 to 3 years working the beat / pushing a car) before he can go into his areas gang unit.

Gang enforcement officers are great. They have experience and specialize.

To be a homicide cop it's a two tier system. First you need to put in your *time* but then you also need to be liked by the good'ol boy club. Homicide is the high speed low drag of detective work. So by nature most homicide units aren't that big. But! Homicide does utilize / work along with gang units allot.

Long story short, it takes time. To fix Chicago's problems today we're talking about 2 to 7 years for that solution to work itself out in the future via the process I just described, hence why I say they are behind the curve.
Agreed. They should be asking for help from the feds in the meantime too imo.

Have designated drug zones ala Hamsterdam on The Wire.

Agreed. They should be asking for help from the feds in the meantime too imo.
I think people would be far more welcoming of assistance from federal agencies than the would seeing UN troops patrolling the streets.

They need to stop abusing the term "genocide" so much. It's suppose to trigger some emotional response that the matter is urgent, but everybody using it as a catchphrase these days made the population numb.
This post is genocide, rape, and patriarchy!

<Ellaria01>

Have designated drug zones ala Hamsterdam on The Wire.
giphy.gif

It's worked in Vancouver.

Brown bag laws, and their equivalents for drugs, sound like a hell of a lot better idea than what the US is doing now. Add education and rehabilitation into the mix, like Portugal, and shit, we would be looking at this time in our history as primitive, at least on the issue of drugs.

From what I understand, the violence is located in very small select areas of the city, right?

If they have to show force to stop the violence, I'm ok with it.

I’m not against some force showing in those select areas like you mention, but I’d rather it be American than foreign troops. Trumps national guard idea is preferable to the UN. IL guard or better yet local swat out on show to keep actual military away from this, much less a foreign one

I’m not against some force showing in those select areas like you mention, but I’d rather it be American than foreign troops. Trumps national guard idea is preferable to the UN. IL guard or better yet local swat out on show to keep actual military away from this, much less a foreign one

I wouldn't be against that either.

Between this and Alabama I'm glad the UN is recognizing and treating murka as a third-world failed state.

I suggested this in that UN thread on Alabama. Difference is I was just bullshitting!

You were BS'ing and now know someone in the UN actually was taking your post seriously.

<seedat>

Fuck that.

First they can't without permission from Trump unless the U.N. is ready to declare war on the US.

And the Trump administration as U.N. veto power.

Last edited:
Back