Comic relief - UFC wants to stand up for something...

I don't see how Conor wins this except monetarily. He beats an old man who unretired to fight, that's how it's gonna be seen.
Well, everyone knows he is doing it for the money.
But at the same time, he will go for all or nothing, as he has absolutely nothing to lose.

Everyone should be expecting him to lose anyway.

I wouldn't put past those guys to make an even bigger rematch if Conor wins this one... and as they are only looking at the money part, I wouldn't put it past them to have something of an agreement for this to happen...

I don't see how Conor wins this except monetarily. He beats an old man who unretired to fight, that's how it's gonna be seen.

One, he's not going to win.
Two, no, it's still a huge deal.

Well, everyone knows he is doing it for the money.
But at the same time, he will go for all or nothing, as he has absolutely nothing to lose.

Everyone should be expecting him to lose anyway.

I wouldn't put past those guys to make an even bigger rematch if Conor wins this one... and as they are only looking at the money part, I wouldn't put it past them to have something of an agreement for this to happen...
There's too much money involved for there not to be rematch plans already

ccvP9Wt.gif

Fuck Dana White.
sounds like a ring girl's to-do list

Aldo.
Frankie.
Mendes (with full camp).
Khabib. (chose Diaz instead).
Cowboy (chose Diaz instead).
Tony. (became pregnant with wife then ducked to another sport)
Khabib again. (became pregnant with wife then ducked to another sport).
but who's counting?
Fighting Chad Mendes injured - the best wrestler in the division - on 2 weeks notice because Aldo pulled out is not ducking.

Fighting a non title fight on 11 days notice to save a card against Nate Diaz because your LW title shot disappeared is not ducking.

Refighting a guy who already beat you badly at 170 pounds, instead of fighting Max and Aldo - (who HE already beat badly) - is not ducking.

Fighting the LW champion instead of the FW guy you already KO'd in 13 seconds - or the 5'4'' guy who was demolished by that guy - is not ducking.

Fighting the best boxer in the world for $75m dollars instead of fighting fucking Tony Fergusson or mr. can't-make-weight Tiramisu is not ducking.

You people are so fucking retarded it's unbelievable.

Conor was bigger than the two former lightweight champs already. He was bigger than Aldo when he got his first belt because he cut so much weight to talk about how small his opponents are. It's not like he went up challenged middleweight at a huge disadvantage. Alvarez was the easiest opponent he could have faced at the time
Sure, and like I said, still it is more impressive to move up and beat the champ a weightclass above you than to defend the belt vs a fw.

I bet against Conor vs Eddie. I saw very few ways that Conor could win, And if they rematch, I will bet on Eddie again. Defending vs an undersized fw would have been a much easier fight.

Not even close to the same thing and you know it. What top contender has Connor flat out refused to fight, and said he would never fight? She was a champion who made the UFC a total of 32 cents and was champion for 1 minute.
whats money have to do with not defending your belt and being healthy enough to fight?

Stupid post man

You Are taking this out of context, And I think you know your comparison is silly.

I am not even a Conor fan, but moving up a weightclass and beating the champ there is a much bigger accomplishment than defending the belt a weightclass below.
no not at all, beating frankie or aldo in a rematch would have been a lot more impressive then beating eddie alverez

True, but Mayweather is the same size as a 13 year old. Wasn't like Conor is going after one of the current greats (Canelo, GGG, Ward...etc...) that's actually, you know, Conor's size.
At the moment, Mayweather is a much bigger fight.. and don't worry. There is no chance of Conor winning.

Defending the belt is harder than winning the belt in two weightclasses? Ok...
yes 100 percent it iks. As champion you have guys watching your every move always training to beat you, always fighting guys at the peak of their career.
He only fought once at 155, didnt fight his way to the top and did it when eddie of all people was the champion. Defending the belt for a while would be a much more difficult thing to do then beat eddie

no not at all, beating frankie or aldo in a rematch would have been a lot more impressive then beating eddie alverez

No it wouldn't. Now you Are just being silly. In no weightclass this would be more impressive.

Mendes, Aldo, halloway, poirer, Diaz, and Alvarez.

Oh, and he's going up against the best p4p boxer on the planet.

Conor did not defend a single belt his whole career, ever. As soon as he got one he either changed the weightclass, claimed he had to take pregnancy leave or changed the sport. That's pretty much the definition of ducking, wether you like to admit it or not.

Him going against Mayweather is insignificant to MMA as it is an entirely different sport. You can not claim any credit in MMA for that period.

No it wouldn't. Now you Are just being silly. In no weightclass this would be more impressive.
its 100 percent more impressive. Its also a matter of opinion, but for me personally i would have been more impressed if he was able to win an aldo rematch and defend against frankie or a full camp chad, etc. Eddie would have been the easiest champ at 155 for conor to beat in the last 5 years.

Fighting Chad Mendes injured - the best wrestler in the division - on 2 weeks notice because Aldo pulled out is not ducking.
Not rematching with mendes having a full camp is.

Fighting a non title fight on 11 days notice to save a card against Nate Diaz because your LW title shot disappeared is not ducking.
It is when selecting a guy who was on a boat partying while being called out by not one but TWO top contenders from the same division who were in shape and publicly calling him out.

Refighting a guy who already beat you badly at 170 pounds, instead of fighting Max and Aldo - (who HE already beat badly) - is not ducking.
It is when you are a champion and Aldo was the top contender. Especially if Conor himself, after LOSING to Diaz said in the post-fight interview that rematching Aldo was next.

Fighting the LW champion instead of the FW guy you already KO'd in 13 seconds - or the 5'4'' guy who was demolished by that guy - is not ducking.
It is when you immediately go on vacation to "have a baby" when you are a male. Especially since you know he was not looking to come back to this sport.

Fighting the best boxer in the world for $75m dollars instead of fighting fucking Tony Fergusson or mr. can't-make-weight Tiramisu is not ducking.
You mean the RETIRED boxer for money instead of EVER defending his belt?
That's DEFINITELY ducking any and all top contenders throughout his whole career!
Actually that is not even just ducking it shows a pattern of constant ducking that only the most blatant blind nutsuckers can attempt to defend...

You people are so fucking retarded it's unbelievable.
When the whole world thinks one thing, and only Conor blind nutsuckers think differently, it is the blind nutsuckers who are...well... blind.
Open your eyes...

or wake me up when he defends something THEN you can try to make a comeback.
But until he defends any belt, you got nothing for me.

Conor did not defend a single belt his whole career, ever. As soon as he got one he either changed the weightclass, claimed he had to take pregnancy leave or changed the sport. That's pretty much the definition of ducking, wether you like to admit it or not.

Him going against Mayweather is insignificant to MMA as it is an entirely different sport. You can not claim any credit in MMA for that period.

You can't duck by going up in weight and fighting champions, goddamn.

And if Floyd feels like it.
But everybody associated will be pressing for a rematch and probably already are
I dunno.

I mean, everyone expects Conor to lose.
But unless he wins or shows he can hurt Floyd, no one will want to see a rematch.
even his fans, I would think would know Conor can't beat FLoyd in a Boxing match...
unless they change it and FLoyd actually challenges Conor to an MMA match (or hybrid kind).

Not rematching with mendes having a full camp is.

It is when selecting a guy who was on a boat partying while being called out by not one but TWO top contenders from the same division who were in shape and publicly calling him out.

It is when you are a champion and Aldo was the top contender. Especially if Conor himself, after LOSING to Diaz said in the post-fight interview that rematching Aldo was next.

It is when you immediately go on vacation to "have a baby" when you are a male. Especially since you know he was not looking to come back to this sport.

You mean the RETIRED boxer for money instead of EVER defending his belt?
That's DEFINITELY ducking any and all top contenders throughout his whole career!
Actually that is not even just ducking it shows a pattern of constant ducking that only the most blatant blind nutsuckers can attempt to defend...

When the whole world thinks one thing, and only Conor blind nutsuckers think differently, it is the blind nutsuckers who are...well... blind.
Open your eyes...

or wake me up when he defends something THEN you can try to make a comeback.
But until he defends any belt, you got nothing for me.

See, the problem with moronic Conor haters, besides the fact that you are in an echo chamber and thus don't realize how much of a minority you are, is that you seem to be in denial about his wins.
It's why you feel that him not giving people immediate rematches to be ducking.
"Sure, he easily blasted that guy and knocked him out, but I didn't like it or think that it would happen, so they need to run it back. What? He's not giving pointless rematches?! Duuuuck! Quaaaaaack! He's ruining the sport!"

It's pathetic, but it's part of the whole wwe mindset the Conor hater casuals have. They can't deal with the reality that sometimes people that they don't like are successful.

Back