Comic relief - UFC wants to stand up for something...

See, the problem with moronic Conor haters, besides the fact that you are in an echo chamber and thus don't realize how much of a minority you are, is that you seem to be in denial about his wins.
It's why you feel that him not giving people immediate rematches to be ducking.
"Sure, he easily blasted that guy and knocked him out, but I didn't like it or think that it would happen, so they need to run it back. What? He's not giving pointless rematches?! Duuuuck! Quaaaaaack! He's ruining the sport!"

It's pathetic, but it's part of the whole wwe mindset the Conor hater casuals have. They can't deal with the reality that sometimes people that they don't like are successful.

LOL you are so fucking blind it is hilarious.
He beat ALdo. A guy who was unbeaten for a decade.
The same guy who beat the #1 contender (frankie). You know, the one COnor refused to fight (instead selecting Mendes, who was out hunting)?

COnor himself said Aldo was next (after being humiliated by a no-camp Diaz). Then he refused to fight him again.
Then he refused one more after getting the belt.

COnor was shamefully stripped of his belt because his constant refusals to defend it.

You re just too fucking stupid if you think a champion should not defend his belt...

I dunno.

I mean, everyone expects Conor to lose.
But unless he wins or shows he can hurt Floyd, no one will want to see a rematch.
even his fans, I would think would know Conor can't beat FLoyd in a Boxing match...
unless they change it and FLoyd actually challenges Conor to an MMA match (or hybrid kind).
I may be cray for thinking it, but IMO Conor wouldn't have agreed to it if he didn't think he could make it competitive or at least look good

I may be cray for thinking it, but IMO Conor wouldn't have agreed to it if he didn't think he could make it competitive or at least look good
Not crazy at all.
But I don't know.
If I was a fighter, and someone (out of my league) called me to fight them for that much money, I would definitely accept, even if I knew I couldn't win.

Conor always said this is about the money. He also said he would go in, make money and get out.

So I can't think this is just for honor or pride.

I do think he thinks he has a chance. But IMHO he is doing it for the money.

its 100 percent more impressive. Its also a matter of opinion, but for me personally i would have been more impressed if he was able to win an aldo rematch and defend against frankie or a full camp chad, etc. Eddie would have been the easiest champ at 155 for conor to beat in the last 5 years.
Sorry to say, but it really is not a matter of opinion. Then you don't understand why people cut weight. In amateur sports like junior boxing or kickboxing that I know of, as little as 5 lbs makes a huge difference. No 1 in a country may move up 5 lbs in weight, And not be able to even crack the top 20. Of course, mma can be different, but in general, 99,9% of people know that moving up a weightclass to beat the champ above you, and holding two belts is very impressive, And very few can do it. Defending the belt has been done many times.

Try to see it objectively. Just because you Are a fan of Aldo, and want him to win, doesn't mean rematching him is more impressive. Aldo is my favourite FW, but I can still see that it is more impressive to move up a weightclass to challenge the heavier champ.

Sorry to say, but it really is not a matter of opinion. Then you don't understand why people cut weight. In amateur sports like junior boxing or kickboxing that I know of, as little as 5 lbs makes a huge difference. No 1 in a country may move up 5 lbs in weight, And not be able to even crack the top 20. Of course, mma can be different, but in general, 99,9% of people know that moving up a weightclass to beat the champ above you, and holding two belts is very impressive, And very few can do it. Defending the belt has been done many times.

Try to see it objectively. Just because you Are a fan of Aldo, and want him to win, doesn't mean rematching him is more impressive. Aldo is my favourite FW, but I can still see that it is more impressive to move up a weightclass to challenge the heavier champ.
Sorry, but I had to LOL at your post.

Allow me to analyze it a little:

"99,9% of people know that moving up a weightclass to beat the champ above you, and holding two belts is very impressive, And very few can do it."
That is correct. Specially seeing that Dana did not allow others to do it before Conor. Namely, Aldo.
So I am sorry to say, being the first to do something is only impressive if everyone would be allowed to do it.
Note: that is not saying it is not hard. But it surely takes away from the whole "he did it when others failed"...

"Just because you Are a fan of Aldo, and want him to win, doesn't mean rematching him is more impressive."
I would say: Just because you are a COnor fan, and you KNOW he could not possibly repeat the feat, does not mean you shouldn't defend your belt against the ex-champion who was unbeaten for a decade. Weidman did it when he beat SIlva.It was the right thing to do.

Oh, and by the way, getting belts are impressive. But every single guy on GOAT discussion are there because they reigned over a division for a long time, taking on all comers.
Picking and choosing whom to fight does not make you the best. Defending and cleaning up a division does.

LOL you are so fucking blind it is hilarious.
He beat ALdo. A guy who was unbeaten for a decade.
The same guy who beat the #1 contender (frankie). You know, the one COnor refused to fight (instead selecting Mendes, who was out hunting)?

COnor himself said Aldo was next (after being humiliated by a no-camp Diaz). Then he refused to fight him again.
Then he refused one more after getting the belt.

COnor was shamefully stripped of his belt because his constant refusals to defend it.

You re just too fucking stupid if you think a champion should not defend his belt...

He destroyed Aldo in record time, then moved on to bigger and better things. He was proven to be the better man. Why give Jose an Aldo-over?
Conor haters are blind and ridiculous.

ccvP9Wt.gif

Fuck Dana White.
Like Dana makes the decisions.

He destroyed Aldo in record time, then moved on to bigger and better things. He was proven to be the better man. Why give Jose an Aldo-over?
Conor haters are blind and ridiculous.
no, ridiculous is your blind butthuggingness.
Junior destroyed Cain on their first fight. What happened on the rematch?

A fluke win does not prove anything. You know that, but you are too much of a hypocrite to agree with me.

came looking for comic relief.

now leaving.

"99,9% of people know that moving up a weightclass to beat the champ above you, and holding two belts is very impressive, And very few can do it."
That is correct. Specially seeing that Dana did not allow others to do it before Conor. Namely, Aldo.
So I am sorry to say, being the first to do something is only impressive if everyone would be allowed to do it.
Note: that is not saying it is not hard. But it surely takes away from the whole "he did it when others failed"...

"Just because you Are a fan of Aldo, and want him to win, doesn't mean rematching him is more impressive."
I would say: Just because you are a COnor fan, and you KNOW he could not possibly repeat the feat, does not mean you shouldn't defend your belt against the ex-champion who was unbeaten for a decade. Weidman did it when he beat SIlva.It was the right thing to do.

Oh, and by the way, getting belts are impressive. But every single guy on GOAT discussion are there because they reigned over a division for a long time, taking on all comers.
Picking and choosing whom to fight does not make you the best. Defending and cleaning up a division does.

Bj penn is a great for taking all challengers, seeking the greatest challenges, being a multiple divisional champion, and being extremely talented.

Bj penn is a great for taking all challengers, seeking the greatest challenges, being a multiple divisional champion, and being extremely talented.
and yet he is not in the same GOAT talks when GSP, Anderson SIlva or Fedor are... or even Aldo or Jon Jones as well...

So don't get me wrong.
Conor can enter the history book as one that accomplished many things. Even becoming a HoF'er due to his accomplishments (though how can you be happy to become a HoF'er when a guy who sells clothes are there as well?)
But overall, unless he defends his belt, he might be called one of the greats (due to his accomplishments), but will never be on any serious GOAT talks.

because GOAT does not allow suppositions.
Fedor, GSP, Anderson SIlva, Aldo, Jon Jones... all have proven and reigned over their division for a long time.

Conor only beat 1-2 top guys from a division, even losing to journeymen, and never dominated the division. not to be unfair, but he is exactly like Bisping is at MW... the champ... but everyone knows he is not the best. That's Conor on GOAT talks...

First of all, I cheered for Aldo, Eddie and Nate, And I would do it again if they rematched.

Aldo did deserve a rematch after that long reign, but beating Aldo again wouldn't be as impressive as moving up and capturing the belt at a higher weightclass. We know Conor can beat Aldo, and probably would again, and we know Aldos biggest weakness is southpaws.

There is no denying Conor is a special fighter. I betted against him vs Aldo, Nate 1 And 2, Eddie, Chad, And he proved me and thousands of others wrong. His wins against Aldo and Eddie are huge.

First of all, I cheered for Aldo, Eddie and Nate, And I would do it again if they rematched.

Aldo did deserve a rematch after that long reign, but beating Aldo again wouldn't be as impressive as moving up and capturing the belt at a higher weightclass. We know Conor can beat Aldo, and probably would again, and we know Aldos biggest weakness is southpaws.

There is no denying Conor is a special fighter. I betted against him vs Aldo, Nate 1 And 2, Eddie, Chad, And he proved me and thousands of others wrong. His wins against Aldo and Eddie are huge.

I don't disagree his wins were huge.
But to make such assumption, that he beats Aldo every time is asinine at best.
I gave you the example of Junior & Cain. There are plenty of other examples I could have given you, but one flash-ko does not translate in being able to do it every time.

In that sense, holloway's win was way more impressive, because he beat Aldo over two rounds.

And no, he shouldn't have even been in a position to get a title shot after being finished by a journeyman and his very pedestrian win over the same journeyman.
But he won, and I admit it was impressive.

but that does not translate in him being the best of the division.

What speaks volumes is the fact he NEVER defended any belt.

And anyone worth its salt knows it is way harder to stay and defend than to jump into other WC where a loss to a journeyman won't affect your standing in his previous one.

I don't disagree his wins were huge.
But to make such assumption, that he beats Aldo every time is asinine at best.
I gave you the example of Junior & Cain. There are plenty of other examples I could have given you, but one flash-ko does not translate in being able to do it every time.

In that sense, holloway's win was way more impressive, because he beat Aldo over two rounds.

And no, he shouldn't have even been in a position to get a title shot after being finished by a journeyman and his very pedestrian win over the same journeyman.
But he won, and I admit it was impressive.

but that does not translate in him being the best of the division.

What speaks volumes is the fact he NEVER defended any belt.

And anyone worth its salt knows it is way harder to stay and defend than to jump into other WC where a loss to a journeyman won't affect your standing in his previous one.
Sure, Conor got oportunities few others got, but when guys got the chance to move up earlier, they didn't grab that oportunity.

Of course we can not say Conor will beat Aldo every time, but with Aldos struggles with southpaws and the result in their first fight, we can be pretty certain Conor will be a big favourite, and will have a huge advantage. There is a very small probability that Aldo would win a rematch... but of course he has a chance.

You Are acting like he didn't beat anyone at fw....Conor beat Aldo, Holloway, Poirier, Mendes And more. It is not like he hasn't beaten a lot of tough guys. He has cleaned out most of the top 5 guys. There Are always guys he could be matched up against, but then he would be just another top FW. Moving up is more impressive And more difficult than beating another fw.

Sure, Conor got oportunities few others got, but when guys got the chance to move up earlier, they didn't grab that oportunity.

Of course we can not say Conor will beat Aldo every time, but with Aldos struggles with southpaws and the result in their first fight, we can be pretty certain Conor will be a big favourite, and will have a huge advantage. There is a very small probability that Aldo would win a rematch... but of course he has a chance.

You Are acting like he didn't beat anyone at fw....Conor beat Aldo, Holloway, Poirier, Mendes And more. It is not like he hasn't beaten a lot of tough guys. He has cleaned out most of the top 5 guys. There Are always guys he could be matched up against, but then he would be just another top FW. Moving up is more impressive And more difficult than beating another fw.

I don't quite agree with you.
He got a title shot by beating on the #313 of the division (Siver).
Just because guys like Holloway climbed the rankings AFTER their fight, it doesn't mean COnor gets the credit for beating top guys.
Fact is, he jumped all top 10 guys at that time. Including Frankie and Mendes (Yes, he fought Mendes... without a camp).
The same way he leapfrogged all top guys at LW division.

Moving and beating a champion is indeed a feat.
But that doesn't mean he beat the best of the division.

Look at MW for instance. Beating Bisping hardly proves you are in the top 10.

So when you avoid the top 3 of both divisions you are not proving you are the best. Just that you can beat the guy who happens to be at the top.

edit: I don't blame Conor for jumping WC's though. IMHO it makes sense for him. Gets more money, opportunity to win a belt and loses basically NOTHING if it doesn't work. Win-win.

but you can't have it both ways and claim it is harder or that it proves anything. it doesn't.

Aldo.
Frankie.
Mendes (with full camp).
Khabib. (chose Diaz instead).
Cowboy (chose Diaz instead).
Tony. (became pregnant with wife then ducked to another sport)
Khabib again. (became pregnant with wife then ducked to another sport).
but who's counting?

Aldo refused rematch, Frankie said his finger hurt, mendes is a roider, khabib can't make weight, cowboy? Lol.

I don't mind that McGregor is ducking to make money...... but for people to pretend he's not ducking is ridiculous.

He's not ducking lol. Ducking implies fear. He's not scared of losing lol, this is fucking ridiculous

not the same thing also the UFC did strip conor of his 145 title...

Back