Colten Boushie murder trial

In Canada you can't somebody I was trying to steal your ATV... I call that civilized

The situation got out of hand when dude decided to get his gun out and go wild west
No man. The situation got out of hand when 5 drunk guys showed up on his property and started messing with his stuff.

No man. The situation got out of hand when 5 drunk guys showed up on his property and started messing with his stuff.
5 drunk guys with a gun.

5 drunk guys with a gun.
And he felt so threatened he tried to take their keys ....so they couldn't leave

My goal would be to get them the hell off my property as fast as possible

And he felt so threatened he tried to take their keys ....so they couldn't leave

My goal would be to get them the hell off my property as fast as possible

That's probably the most rational course of action at that point. But that's not what was being decided, the question was 'did he act unreasonably?'. Unreasonable and irrational are two different things, and in this case the jury decided - taking into account all the events leading up to the killing - that trying to take the keys while keeping the gun in one hand was reasonable. So in the context of having 5 extremely drunk people (Boushie's bac was 0.3 which is high enough to induce organ failure in an average person) trespass on his property, with intent to steal, clearly posing an unusually high level of threat to Stanley and his family, he wound up shooting one of them in the head (unintentionally, according to himself). In a situation like that, the average person can't be expected to think clearly or rationally. Their adrenaline is through the roof and they're reacting to severely negative things they may never have experienced before in their life. At the end of all of that, trying to pry the keys out of a truck full of drunks probably isn't rational, but it's not entirely unreasonable given the circumstances that lead up to the event.

That's probably the most rational course of action at that point. But that's not what was being decided, the question was 'did he act unreasonably?'. Unreasonable and irrational are two different things, and in this case the jury decided - taking into account all the events leading up to the killing - that trying to take the keys while keeping the gun in one hand was reasonable. So in the context of having 5 extremely drunk people (Boushie's bac was 0.3 which is high enough to induce organ failure in an average person) trespass on his property, with intent to steal, clearly posing an unusually high level of threat to Stanley and his family, he wound up shooting one of them in the head (unintentionally, according to himself). In a situation like that, the average person can't be expected to think clearly or rationally. Their adrenaline is through the roof and they're reacting to severely negative things they may never have experienced before in their life. At the end of all of that, trying to pry the keys out of a truck full of drunks probably isn't rational, but it's not entirely unreasonable given the circumstances that lead up to the event.
It was a fucked up situation no doubt , I feel bad for the guy , I'm not angry he got off but he was damned lucky he did

First of all, one witness in the truck said they came to the farm just to ask for help. That aside, lets pretend that the story of the property owners were actually true. Trying to "steal" an atv is not an excuse to murder people. Let it go and file a police report.

We all have been out having fun as a kid. Nobody should die because of it. Lets hope justice is served and rip to the victim

Sounds tragic but also sounds like the jury got it right. Had they simply been driving, got a flat and innocently asked for assistance before the alleged hangfire incident, then I could see a manslaughter verdict simply due to having a gun out for no reason and it going off. But the fact is these guys were looking for trouble on the private property of another person. He was perfectly within his rights to have the handgun ready. After that, it sounds like there was definately enough evidence of accident to result in reasonable doubt.

Imagine those shit heads stumbled on to Brock Lesnars Saskatchewan compound? It would just be 50 Cal casings with bits and pieces of natives mixed with fire water everywhere

Boushie was a fine young gentleman.

GQ5xoFr.png

Jagmeet Singh going full retard. Who needs a justice system when we can simply let politicians decide who is innocent and who is guilty.

First of all, one witness in the truck said they came to the farm just to ask for help. That aside, lets pretend that the story of the property owners were actually true. Trying to "steal" an atv is not an excuse to murder people. Let it go and file a police report.

We all have been out having fun as a kid. Nobody should die because of it. Lets hope justice is served and rip to the victim

{<jordan}

5 assholes came onto someone's property and started stealing shit and ransacking the place, and somehow they are victims? What happened to being polite and asking to use a phone or asking for help?

I absolutely LOL'd @ this gem, "A witness from the SUV testified that he tried to start the ATV, but denied any intent to steal it."

Why are you trying to start an ATV that belongs to someone else if you aren't trying to steal it?

The jury got it right. Just imagine being at home and 5 young, strong and out of control drunk men come onto your property with a gun. For fucks sake.

Oh what...you don't randomly check some stranger's ATV to see if it's functioning properly ?

You are one naïve entity, dude.

If your idea of "fun" includes the shit these cretins did then you might wanna get one of those helmets they make for "special" people.

Back