Colin Cowherd @ Fox: Conor vs Floyd will be in Vegas on 9/17

cat-laptop.gif

Oh look another Conor vs Floyd thread
CommentPhotos.com_1392845630.jpg

i still think the fight gets sanctioned no problem. i believe there are more fights that have gotten sanctioned that shouldn't, than fights that didn't

Brock Lesnar was in 2008 - it was a very different climate back then and scrutiny is at a whole new level now. He also had the benefit of being a national champion in NCAA Division I wrestling, which is a demonstrably successful base for MMA.

You said you never heard of NSAC preventing a mismatch in boxing, and I just gave you a current example with Andre Ward. So you are basing your concept on, forgive me, whimsical fancy. You can't just 'feel' like they will sanction it and that makes it so.

Tim Sylvia was denied sanctioning by the New Jersey athletic commission for his fight with Mercer so they moved it to Alabama.

NSAC famously denied Mark Hunt's fight with Butterbean, who both had a professional record in MMA.

Wes Sims was scheduled to fight at Pride 33 but NSAC wouldn't sanction it because of a mismatch in experience with Fujita.

The list goes on, but these are examples of names you likely know.

If he's reporting it the way he is in that video, i tend to lean towards believing it.

Lol, in boxing I think it's obvious who wins...

Lol, in boxing I think it's obvious who wins...
Truth.

Mayweather is a shell of his former self and Conor would likely get inside his head before the fight even starts.
When it finally does, Mayweather will be uncharacteristically aggressive and it will be his downfall, boom sweet chin music.
But with a fist. I don't see something as unrealistic as Conor kicking Mayweather in the head and getting DQ'd happening, haha.

Conor will blast an emotional Mayweather with a counter or two and he will go down, likely starched.

Truth.

Mayweather is a shell of his former self and Conor would likely get inside his head before the fight even starts.
When it finally does, Mayweather will be uncharacteristically aggressive and it will be his downfall, boom sweet chin music.
But with a fist. I don't see something as unrealistic as Conor kicking Mayweather in the head and getting DQ'd happening, haha.

Conor will blast an emotional Mayweather with a counter or two and he will go down, likely starched.
I like the idea of the headkick followed by stomps. Everyone wins, Money Mayweather by DQ, McGregor by beating his ass, Just bleed fans, boxing purists... Here's to hoping.

I like the idea of the headkick followed by stomps. Everyone wins, Money Mayweather by DQ, McGregor by beating his ass, Just bleed fans, boxing purists... Here's to hoping.
As someone who really doesn't like Mayweather I would be okay with this. Maybe the ref could join in too.

This is like using Skip Bayless as a source or citation

Cowherd talks out of his ass

I guess he has no plans to defend that belt any time soon.

I used to dislike Conor, but now I am starting to loathe him.

I have no issue with him fighting outside his chosen sport, but let go of that belt if you are going to fuss about doing other things and fighting everywhere else except in your division.

Thats funny...because I used to dislike Conor...now I think he's the greatest non-MMA fighter to have ever competed in the octagon. He doesnt like fighting in his weight class, and now he doesnt want to fight mixed martial arts.
Talk about reaching for the stars....jumpin jesus h christ

Colin Cowherd is worse than the placenta from Ronda Rousey's Travis babies. I'd rather have anyone else break my MMA news to me.

I doubt it happens. If it does, Mayweather schools him for 3 rounds then KOs him in the 4th.

Back