Colin Cowherd @ Fox: Conor vs Floyd will be in Vegas on 9/17

tumblr_m32yr8NkhC1r6h499o1_1280.jpg

I just don't know why this is even a thing. Does anybody really care about seeing some MMA fighter try his hand at boxing against one of the absolute best boxers of all time? This is akin to if they would've put James Toney against Fedor when he tried out being an MMA fighter. I guess people might see the two names and have some level of interest, but I just don't see the appeal.

How would this happen? Unless Floyds lawyers are better than Zuffas. If a judge can rule an injunction against Zuffa telling them they can't own fighters as slaves. I'm guessing Zuffa would have to be on board with this most likely.

Is Floyd buying Zuffa after all?

I don't know how many fights Conor has left on his contract, but it probably won't be over till next year atleast. I'd imagine he fight after his UFC contract ends. Because he wouldn't want to start a war with them and end up getting in a legal battle. Furthermore, as long as he is signed to the UFC, I can't imagine Dana letting him fight boxing. He would want to protect his stock, so to speak. But hey, Conor could lose all his next UFC fights anyway, and by the end of this year nobody would even care to see him fight Floyd anymore. They might not even care so much to see him fight MMA.

I don't believe you.

If this fight did happen, you know damn well Floyd's name would be first anyway.

How would this happen? Unless Floyds lawyers are better than Zuffas. If a judge can rule an injunction against Zuffa telling them they can't own fighters as slaves. I'm guessing Zuffa would have to be on board with this most likely.

"Conor's done so much for us in the past 3 years. How could we say no? We've gotten Conor the best trainers and this fight will be competitive."

untitled.png

honestly, if Floyd's 50th and record breaking unbeaten streak is against conor it will harm his legacy forever. there is one other 49-0 boxer in history. floyd wants to be the first 50-0 i do not think he will sully that fight by making it against mcgregor. this is all bs.

I just don't know why this is even a thing. Does anybody really care about seeing some MMA fighter try his hand at boxing against one of the absolute best boxers of all time? This is akin to if they would've put James Toney against Fedor when he tried out being an MMA fighter. I guess people might see the two names and have some level of interest, but I just don't see the appeal.
I agree about connur but there are masses of idiots who think boxing is all you need and this rasslin nonsense won't save you, James Toney being one of them. That was to prove a point, unlike cunnir going into boxing which is just meaningless

Cowherd is one of the most idiotic people on television, who's lucky to be pulling in the mediocre numbers that he's getting.

If they actually go through with this farce, then give it a one-year hype and build-up at least, I.E. Announce the fight happening on a specific date a year ahead of time and let people talk about it all year long and also give Conor time to train his ass off with an actual boxing trainer to make it as competitive as possible.

Back