Colin Cowherd @ Fox: Conor vs Floyd will be in Vegas on 9/17

I just do
n't know why this is even a thing. Does anybody really care about seeing some MMA fighter try his hand at boxing against one of the absolute best boxers of all time? This is akin to if they would've put James Toney against Fedor when he tried out being an MMA fighter. I guess people might see the two names and have some level of interest, but I just don't see the appeal.

I'd watch it. and lots of others would too.

it makes sense financially and thats all that matters

shit-just-got-real.jpg

The guy in the Yellow and Orange looks like a Hippie Ronald McDonald Who was given a Sword The Colonel.

Ha it is exactly that :D

Boxing is not mma. Therefore can be seen as not competing. It's not like Conor is going to Bellator. Also if the boxing event is on a date the ufc doesn't have a fight on. That's also not competing. There is all type of lawyer speak that can be thrown around to make this fight happen. It all depends on what a judge says. Not you, not me but a legal judge.

UFC contracts specifically bar fighters from fighting in other combat sports, and specifically names boxing as one of them.

Do you really think they're not specific?

Colin Cowherd is not a legitimate source, I can't wait to listen to him earlier today talk about how he was wrong about Toronto.

The only good thing about his show is Kristine Leahy.

The reason this fight would be interesting is we know Conor can take a punch at 145 and even at 170. Conor has never got knocked out by a punch and Mayweather is not a KO artist. Conor also hits hard at 145 and steamrolls fighters at that weightclass. I wonder could he land and would hes punches affect Mayweather?

Mayweather is of course the superior boxer, but you never know with Conor at that weight.

Brock Lesnar was in 2008 - it was a very different climate back then and scrutiny is at a whole new level now. He also had the benefit of being a national champion in NCAA Division I wrestling, which is a demonstrably successful base for MMA.

You said you never heard of NSAC preventing a mismatch in boxing, and I just gave you a current example with Andre Ward. So you are basing your concept on, forgive me, whimsical fancy. You can't just 'feel' like they will sanction it and that makes it so.

Tim Sylvia was denied sanctioning by the New Jersey athletic commission for his fight with Mercer so they moved it to Alabama.

NSAC famously denied Mark Hunt's fight with Butterbean, who both had a professional record in MMA.

Wes Sims was scheduled to fight at Pride 33 but NSAC wouldn't sanction it because of a mismatch in experience with Fujita.

The list goes on, but these are examples of names you likely know.

You can bump this if the fight actually gets denied.

I would assume they would simply move the fight from Vegas to a more forgiving commission.....or overseas. If they want the fight to happen, it will happen. They're not gonna go "oh that darn NSAC denied us, I guess we just give up"

Source

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor set for September, official announcement coming in two weeks

"News I believe is gonna break here in about two weeks... I have already booked two rooms, September 17th and 18th in Las Vegas. My intel is Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather is going to happen. It changed late last week. I got a call then somebody else sent me something [Sunday] and Saturday. We've booked rooms in Vegas. [It's happening] this September. Mayweather did have a very bad last pay per view gate: 550,000 people, he tries to get two-to-three million. So I think this is the most profitable fight for CBS and Mayweather. CBS has been working with Mayweather for years. That's why his fights are on Showtime, because CBS owns Showtime. So Les Moonves [President and CEO of CBS] and the CBS peeps have decided, 'let's talk to the Fox - UFC peeps' and you've got Fox and CBS, you've got UFC, you've got boxing, you've got Floyd, you've got Conor. It's gonna make a lot of money for people."

Time to book my hotel too then.

Vegas is like my 2nd home.

Colin Cowturd is hardly a credible source lol. He's a hack.

You can bump this if the fight actually gets denied.

I would assume they would simply move the fight from Vegas to a more forgiving commission.....or overseas. If they want the fight to happen, it will happen. They're not gonna go "oh that darn NSAC denied us, I guess we just give up"

Sure, but thats not what you said. You said it was ridiculous to think NSAC wouldn't sanction this, and you never heard of that before. You asked for an example and I gave you 4.

I honestly don't get my pulse raised by the idea of seeing McG get his ears boxed clean off by pretty boy Floyd.

It will be a one-sided dance and pitter-pat fest, with Mayweather outlanding him about 500 - 1.

People fronting like they don't care...

This will be fucking massive if true

Back