Coleman selling his Pride 2000 trophy, up for sale

Hmmm, I feel bad that he can't seem to put things together to do something else with his life. He had the drive to accomplish things physically and emotionally when he was younger. He seems like a broken man on a lot of recent interviews. I feel bad for him

I hope a really wealthy person sees this, buys the trophy and check then just gives it back to Mark. Things like this should never be sold. And guys who've done what he's done in a sport should never be so desperate for money. I assume he just needs the money... or I guess it could be possible that he just doesn't place any sentimental value in the stuff but that would surprise me.

Tragic that he is selling it. Should do a Mark Coleman kickstarter for something fun and MMA-related. Or the UFC could hire the poor man.

Yea really.. Both would be good. He could for sure help in some capacity and has basically pleaded for some sort of spot with the UFC on television before.

Yea really.. Both would be good. He could for sure help in some capacity and has basically pleaded for some sort of spot with the UFC on television before.

He gave a interview a while back, of how thankful he was to BJ Penn for bringing him in as a TUF coach. But the season has long since ended, even though it hasn't aired yet, so he probably is trying to find work I imagine.

His fault. If he needs money that bad then he made poor choices that he's paying for now. I've been there. You learn from it and hopefully grow.

If he was as good at baseball as he was at MMA he would be set for life, sad that doesn't translate yet.

Awesome piece of memorabilia but sad for Mark needing to sell it.

Hopefully the UFC buy it and keep it as a showpiece from one of their Hall of Famers

Should've asked Dana to buy it for $50K and put it in a MMA museum one day.

Can we all put 10 dollars in , buy it and then give it back to him ?

if i was obscenely rich id buy it and give it back to him

+1 Hopefully somebody does exactly that.

People who use twitter (I don't) should bombard Dan's twitter with requests that Dana do exactly that on principle.

I'd rather just get a 9-5 than sell my GP trophy if I needed $25k that bad. Kerr wasn't above it.

c8c216c94046387201d602b3e33c4f5d.jpg

Header_Article_2%282%29.jpg

Gotta do what you gotta do.

Can we all put 10 dollars in , buy it and then give it back to him ?

That's incredibly patronizing. He's a grown ass man who fought other men for a living. If he's selling it, it means he's ok parting with it. Essentially donating $25k to him as if he were a guy begging for change outside of 7-11 is insulting. I would assume he wouldn't take the trophy back.

that trophy ain't worth 10% of what he's asking. Pride is done and soon will be forgotten.

Yep, I'm sure Pride will stop being talked about around here soon, and just forgotten about. Probably by the end of the year, don't you think?

Makes sense.

I'd rather just get a 9-5 than sell my GP trophy if I needed $25k that bad. Kerr wasn't above it.

c8c216c94046387201d602b3e33c4f5d.jpg

Header_Article_2%282%29.jpg

Gotta do what you gotta do.

Nothing wrong with getting a normal job after you retire. These MMA fighters need to realize the fight game is a short opportunity and after the age of 36 or so you probably wont be around much longer. Even the guys making millions shouldn't just retire and do nothing.

PS: I know you're knowledgeable but others wont be, Kerr was never a "fighter" he was a great wrestler because he didn't have to physically hurt anybody, and then was one of the most dominant and brutal fighters ever but really was an absolute teddy bear inside. Before every fight he was scared and I don't blame him. Just watching him explain MMA in "Smashing Machine" you can see he doesnt do it for the reasons other do at that time, to hurt people, he did it purely because it was one of few avenues he could make money from.

Back