Coleman selling his Pride 2000 trophy, up for sale

I would chip in if someone made a kickstarter to help him keep it

He should sell "shares" of this trophy for $10-$? a piece with a sweet thank you/ proof of partial ownership certificate he sends the recipients in the mail. :icon_chee

I would throw to co-own that bad boy.

Inb4 this thread devolves into fighterpay.

i see the pride championships are selling for much cheaper these days. now reem can finaly be champ. if he buys the belt this will put im thr the goat discussion on sherdog

Any good documentaries with Mark/pride era? I've seen the Smashing machine, which was great. The dynamic between the Marks was particularly well captured. Like when Coleman advises Kerr to leave his unstable woman.

apparently, it's to win as much championships titles as possible to sell them on eBay. It's hard to pity Pride fighters though, I think most Pride stars made good money especially given this was some 10 years ago. Some fighters today don't sniff that kind of money.

Pride paid them in cash but the money was not as good as you think, the most Rampage made was $100k, which was in cash. I think for fighters would be to live frugally, small property etc and think of the possible future where shit may get tough, unless your earning millions which few do. I dunno, Mark may have have been an ass with his money, all his fault, but all in all you'd like to think Zuffa could just write him one but business doesnt work that way eh

I would chip in if someone made a kickstarter to help him keep it

The kickstarter should be to buy it and donate (loan not gift) on behalf of Coleman to the UFC Hall of fame for display for 50 years or something like that.

If it is given back to Mark directly he would just sell it again, obviously as he needs the money. By loan/gifting it to the UFC Mark could/would still take Pride in his accomplishments being out there and seen and he would get the one time cash he is now looking for.

I would honestly be the first to donate a hundred bucks to a kickstarter that had those stipulations and I am sure Mark and the UFC would gladly agree.

Pride paid them in cash but the money was not as good as you think, the most Rampage made was $100k, which was in cash. I think for fighters would be to live frugally, small property etc and think of the possible future where shit may get tough, unless your earning millions which few do. I dunno, Mark may have have been an ass with his money, all his fault, but all in all you'd like to think Zuffa could just write him one but business doesnt work that way eh

But they still profit off his likeness and from his achievement to this day eh

"Business" is a construct.

I hope Zuffa buys this and puts it in a MMA museum.....where it belongs.

p.s. I feel sad for Mark. Selling his trophy must be heartbreaking.

Yep, I'm sure Pride will stop being talked about around here soon, and just forgotten about. Probably by the end of the year, don't you think?

Makes sense.

Give it a decade... sadly

Back