Colby finishes Garry

Seeing a vintage Colby performance (Lawler fight) would be pretty cool, but I doubt Colby is still that same fighter anymore. I would like to see Garry get thoroughly tested on the ground.

That seems like a rather superficial prediction based on no good evidence...it takes nothing into account about this particular matchup and you could copy/paste any opponent into the statement.

Maybe tell us why *Garry* not only can't handle Colby's pace, volume, and wrestling, but to such an extent that he will get stopped...despite the fact that this has not been the case for any of Colby's opponents for well over seven years, never mind that Colby will be 36 (tomorrow, actually) and likely isn't getting much better (certainly not the way a 26yr old Garry would likely be making improvements).

It’ll look like Leon vs Colby unless Colby comes out aggressive and decides to do something during the fight.

The last finish Colby got, if you don't count old man Woodley hurting his ribs, was in 2016...against UFC newcomer Max Griffin has gone on to be a card-filling .500 fighter.

What pace and volume? I can't pretend the Leon fight didn't happen where he absolutely shit the bed, he'll look even worse against a taller striker with more power

I really like this match up and I think the UFC should push for it.

What makes you think an inactive 36 year old that’s last finish was 7 years ago (not counting an injury) will finish anybody?

Garry has some lungs -- I would favor Coiby, but I don't like him by finish. I think it would be a similar fight to his bout with Masvidal. To be fair to Garry, however, I really don't know what sort of takedown defense he has. His takedown defense has looked great from what we've seen, but he hasn't faced many high level fighters with a grappling-based gameplan in the UFC to my knowledge. It really would be an interesting fight and I'd love to see it unless Colby comes out like he did against Edwards.

People said the same before the Belal fight.
I am not 100% sure current Colby is worse than Belal.
I perceive Belal as having better top control and posing more danger then Colby. I recall in the Robbie Lawler fight Colby set a record for strikes thrown or landed or something and yet Robbie was never in any danger. Colby got a TD and Robbie got up. Rinse and Repeat. Robbie fell into the trap of looking for a big shot in between TDs. RDA figured Colby out but it was a bit too late. In the 4th rd (iirc) RDA beat Colby to the punch by forcing Colby to defend TDs and it tired Colby out. Colby is very comfortable spamming TD after TD. Had RDA started the fight on the offense with TDs it would have thrown Colby off his game.

Colby has never gotten a finish via submission that was skill based and not just a result of his opponent getting tired. He has never gotten a finish from strikes due to power or skill. Only from opponents gassing out. Maybe the same can be said of Belal but I think if you make the wrong moves against Belal he can finish but Colby at this point has nothing but excuses. I think current Colby is by far a lesser MMA fighter then Belal.

There is no reason to think that. Colby can't finish anyone, let alone a fighter like Garry.

Colby IS finished. Colby from three years ago, yes.

CANby ain't finish a motherfucker with his pillow fist especially at this stage.

Colby is not Neal. Garry cannot take his pace, volume and wrestling. I feel Colby would overwhelm him. You read it here first.
What pace, volume and wrestling? The same he didn't have for Leon?
Colby is a one-trick-pony that is quickly losing his one trick.

Having said that, I hope he wrestlefucks Garry (the f'ing part just metaphorically).

Colby can't win a fight against any man under the age of 39.
Go ahead, find me the last person he beat that was under 39 years old.
I'll save you some time, it was Bryan Barbarena in 2016, the same year Conor had his last good win against Eddie Alvarez. Yea, remember when Conor was on top of the MMA world? That's how long it's been.

Colby finishing someone? LOL. His last finish was also 8 years ago in 2016, against Max Griffin and it still took him over 200 attempted strikes with a 73% accuracy rate to the head and 10 minutes of control time to finish him.

image_2024-02-21_132530301.png
It's Max Griffin's only TKO loss to be fair to Colby, but still. He ain't finishing anything but a sandwich in 2024, let alone a younger, hungrier, fighter that outsizes him significantly.

Love me some King Colby but let's be real after his shit fight vs Leon there no way he fights Garry. The embarrassment to losing to a kid like that is too immense.

He's better off fight Shavkat. A loss to that guy is respectable but a loss to Cuck Garry...there is no returning from.

His time has passed being at the top, these new guys like Shavkat, Sean Brady, Jack Maddalena and Ian Garry are the future and would easilly beat Colby even in his prime.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO at the guy that got knocked out by Belal in round 2 finishing Colby.

I don't know what is in the water that you drink but you need to calm down and maybe stick to just reading the forum instead of posting on it.

Back