Colby Covington

He shouldn't be talking mad shit until he gets some finishes

Like him or not, he's the real deal. He's gonna be a top fighter for a while. I wanna see him going against Kamaru Usman or RDA now.

That was one of the most boring fights in recent memory. That was a solid Fitching, maybe worse.

He is trying to get fights, that's what you have to do these days, which is unfortunate. He was respectful to dong after the fight.

He comes across as a cringelord. However, I don't care too much about it or him, since with his style he'll probably get cut after his first loss.

I hated Guida's style and Colby is going the same way for me.

I find him to be very likeable and a great grappler.

He's just playing a douchebag character because that's what pays and that's what WME wants out of their circus.

The douchebag character works better for fighters with an exciting fighting style. That way the fans can be like, "oh, he's a douche, but his fights are fucking amazing." There's tension between those two qualities: one makes me hate the guy, but the other makes me respect him and it makes me watch his fights.

With Colby it's more like, "oh, he's a douche and his fights are boring?....I'm not interested."

The douchebag character works better for fighters with an exciting fighting style. That way the fans can be like, "oh, he's a douche, but his fights are fucking amazing." There's tension between those two qualities: one makes me hate the guy, but the other makes me respect him and it makes me watch his fights.

With Colby it's more like, "oh, he's a douche and his fights are boring?....I'm not interested."

Yea, what i care about as a fan of the sport is who is the best at winning and he does an outstanding job at grappling which is part of the sport. If I took your POV of demanding to be pleased by excitement every time i'd be disappointed too much.

I prefer to just appreciate all types of legal strategy and it becomes a wonderful experience each time.

But i do agree that the persona he is trying to force doesn't work.

Last edited:
Man I dunno what a bloke is.

But yea dude seems annoying, im sure he'll be top earner soon and boxing Pacquiao in 2 years...

In b4 Colby bless

Man I dunno what a bloke is.

But yea dude seems annoying, im sure he'll be top earner soon and boxing Pacquiao in 2 years...

In b4 Colby bless

Haha, sorry mate it must be an Aussie term.

Yes a bloke is just another term for a dude/guy etc.

Back