COBRA KAI - Karate Kid TV Sequel (Season One)

If you have seen the entire season one of COBRA KAI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@EvilDDS @Ottawaguy

Seen half a season and this is not a sad cash grab.. nope this has heart.. it's good even really good to great if you let yourselves go and enjoy the campy feel of the Karate Kid world.

If you guys didn't see it yet put it on the list this show is fun.

Yo @Clippy you Cobra Kai or what ?
I watched the first 2 episodes that youtube had available & I really enjoyed it. Couldn't watch the rest without paying for a subscription so I haven't seen any more yet.

@EvilDDS @Ottawaguy

Seen half a season and this is not a sad cash grab.. nope this has heart.. it's good even really good to great if you let yourselves go and enjoy the campy feel of the Karate Kid world.

If you guys didn't see it yet put it on the list this show is fun.

Yo @Clippy you Cobra Kai or what ?

Is this the thing that's only available on Youtube Red? Fuck Youtube Red

Just finished the season.

They knocked it out of the fucking park.

The best TV series of the year so far is made by youtube. Lol.

We are officially in the future
Thnaks, I’ll put it in the queue as I’m starting to be backed up with shows that I need to catch up on. Big fan of the original.

I watched the first 2 episodes that youtube had available & I really enjoyed it. Couldn't watch the rest without paying for a subscription so I haven't seen any more yet.
The season only gets better. It is worth paying for a month of you tube red. I actually don't think I had to pay anything because I got a 30 day trial and then cancelled.

Finally got around to binge watching these 10 episodes.

Wow... that's some good writing. I mean, it wazn't wall to wall thrillz or anything, but I'm just blown away by the way they wove this story & these character's together. The links to the original were very well done & created quite a few very nice nostalgia moments. Outstanding.

I gave it a 9... but would like to point out that my rating is based on what it is. A series. Based on other series'... it's a 9. Based on say a movie that I would give a similar rating... the 4 - 4.5 hours of screen time did have a lot of slower moments as would be expected by well over twice the running time... & so it has to be put in its proper context. Most series' do have a slower pace & as such, they should be rated with in their own genre.

I "paid" for the first season. I did not have to pay for it because you get a month free and you can cancel your subscription after watching the series.

Finally got around to binge watching these 10 episodes.

Wow... that's some good writing. I mean, it wazn't wall to wall thrillz or anything, but I'm just blown away by the way they wove this story & these character's together. The links to the original were very well done & created quite a few very nice nostalgia moments. Outstanding.

I gave it a 9... but would like to point out that my rating is based on what it is. A series. Based on other series'... it's a 9. Based on say a movie that I would give a similar rating... the 4 - 4.5 hours of screen time did have a lot of slower moments as would be expected by well over twice the running time... & so it has to be put in its proper context. Most series' do have a slower pace & as such, they should be rated with in their own genre.

It surprised me a lot didn't expect them to execute it so well and they had a nice story, it has that spirit it's a a legit good lighthearted series.

Will watch the heck out of season 2 when it will arrive next year.

Best show of 2018 in my opinion, until Better Call Saul came back.

Can’t wait for Cobra Kai season 2. Totally hooked.

Best show of 2018 in my opinion, until Better Call Saul came back.

Can’t wait for Cobra Kai season 2. Totally hooked.

Love Saul but at times it can be a real slow burn and it gets a tad boring because of it.

Have you seen Killing Eve ? that show came out of nowhere for me and it's very well done. In case you didn't check it out you might just really like it.

Love Saul but at times it can be a real slow burn and it gets a tad boring because of it.

Disagree, I am riveted completely by it. I know you are not alone in your opinion though. Me, I am glued to the screen the whole time.

Have you seen Killing Eve ? that show came out of nowhere for me and it's very well done. In case you didn't check it out you might just really like it.

Hadn’t even heard of it but I will check it out.

I heard good things about killing Eve too. I have quite a backlog of shows to watch now. We’re in Ozark season 2, and i am at beginning of Clone Wars season 3. Next is Iron Fist season 2, then I’m behind 2 seasons on TWD, and i haven’t started FTWD yet. Lol i gotta get with the program, but we’re always outside in the summer so my viewing time is limited.

Daniel hasn't changed still a pussy
Myagi never liked fighting but he wasn't scared and a fairy

One of my favorite shows ever.

I was a fan of the old movies but went in not even knowing this was a direct continuation with the old cast.

Even the new teenage characters are well written and fun to watch ( looking at you Hawk)

I am on episode 8 and I am enjoying Johnny retelling the story from his point of view. He was clearly in the wrong originally but was also being warped by that weird old sensei.

I always figured he would turn out fine though. It is neat seeing him as a pitiable failure.

At least the first two episodes are free on Youtube now. Watch them and then decide if you want to subscribe;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back