Movies New KARATE KID Movie with Jackie Chan and Ralph Macchio to Star

Miyagi-do is the best base for training UFC

c01d226a2284eaff2cd7d5577bf63404b53cfce7.gif

I actually thought Jaden was the better part of that movie. The whole movie sucked ass but Jackie was in a bit over his head with the drama stuff. I remember during his big monologue the director went overwhelmingly with shots of Jaden listening as opposed to shots of Jackie delivering.
Movie sucked as it's the KARATE KID not KUNG FU it pissed everyone off. Jaden is awful not Chan.

Wax on wax off.. hope this will be atleast watchable

I actually thought Jaden was the better part of that movie. The whole movie sucked ass but Jackie was in a bit over his head with the drama stuff. I remember during his big monologue the director went overwhelmingly with shots of Jaden listening as opposed to shots of Jackie delivering.
I don't really care much for Jaden but Jackie really wants to add some cheesy, hacky speeches in his movies. Remember when he gave that "You Oh Ga-bbage!" speech in Rumble in the Bronx? Dude, you're the goat action star with your stunts let's stop right there.

Also a chinese company hired Jaden's mother-a black woman. In china.

giphy.gif

- Good news. That one with Will kid sucked. Even the last move was awful.

Movie sucked as it's the KARATE KID not KUNG FU it pissed everyone off. Jaden is awful not Chan.

Jaden wasn't really a bad actor in the movie. His acting was better than Jackie Chan's. Now Jaden isn't good enough for me to watch a movie specifically for his acting and nobody on earth wants to see him doing martial arts as opposed to Jackie Chan...but generally speaking Jaden did his part well enough in that movie and Jackie Chan was fine with the martial arts stuff but his acting was pretty subpar. That's having watched it once a good number of years ago and with no plans to watch it again so that was just my impression after one viewing that I didn't particularly enjoy.

just make it the cobra kai movie or some crap.
Make Mr Han a new school owner or some shit in a new tournament.

Really like Cobra Kai but got the sense that it was getting dragged out last season. Now we have the final season and this movie? Think they don't know when enough is enough.

Sounds awful. But with the right writers, it could be not terrible.

I don't really understand why the fucking karate kid has an extended universe, but nothing makes any sense these days.

Update: November 21, 2023

New KARATE KID Movie Coming Out in 2024 with Jackie Chan and Ralph Macchio Set to Star

BYZFHGCNWJFQZETOOFE3AXT4OY.png

Call it the Karate Kid Cinematic Universe. Jackie Chan and Ralph Macchio, both of whom starred in Karate Kid movies decades apart, are set to reprise their popular characters in Sony Pictures’ latest installment of the iconic coming-of-age martial arts franchise.

Jonathan Entwistle, best known for his well-regarded and award-winning teen television dramas I’m Not Okay with This and The End of the F***ing World, is directing the untitled feature that the studio is positioning as the fusing and continuing the mythology of the original franchise.

A global search for an actor to play the erstwhile title character launched today, with Chan and Macchio kicking things off with an introductory video, seen below.

Rob Lieber, whose credits include Sony’s Peter Rabbit and Disney’s Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day, wrote the script. The plot line is hiding in the back of the dojo.

However, it is known that the latest iteration will bring the story to the East Coast and focus on a teen from China who finds strength and direction via martial arts and a tough but wise mentor.

Karen Rosenfelt is producing the feature, which Sony has penciled in for a Dec. 13, 2024, release date. A spring shoot is being eyed.

The Karate Kid launched in 1984, with the original movie being an unexpected hit. It starred Macchio as Daniel LaRusso, a Brooklyn kid who moves to California and finds himself an unlikely karate champion under the tutelage of Mr. Miyagi, an apartment handyman who is quite proficient in karate. Miyagi was played by the late Pat Morita, who earned a best supporting actor Oscar nomination his work.

The movie spawned three sequels — Macchio appeared in two of them, while Hilary Swank took on the titular mantle in a 1994 outing — with the franchise seeing a resurgence in the past several years thanks to Cobra Kai. The series became a tornado kick hit for YouTube and Netflix, bringing back many of the original characters, including LaRusso, as it introduced a new generation of butt-kicking teens. Fans have dubbed these stories the Miyagi-verse after Morita’s character; Morita passed away in 2011.

Sony revived the title in 2010 with a remake that updated the story for more modern and global times, focusing on an American kid, played by Jaden Smith, who moves to Beijing and is mentored by a handyman/martial arts master played by Chan, already a beloved international star at that point. The movie turned out be another unexpected hit, grossing $359 million on a budget of $40 million, and scored positive reviews.

Having Ralph Macchio gives it some legitimacy.

The fuck??? People actually liked the Jackie chan movie? It was horrible. So was the Hilary swank movie both did zero for the karate kid world and were shit. Crazy they are not giving us a new cobra kai and are wasting time with this shit. You got a hit in cobra kai lean into that hard. The fuck

Jackie wasn't the problem with the other karate kid movie, he was the one good part of that movie. Jaden isn't coming along with him in the movie so I don't understand the hate for this. People who're actively hating on Jackie Chan being in a movie are NO BUENO to me.
There were zero good parts of that movie, chan included

They already made the "Kid" black and gay in Jaden Smith. They had a chick kid in one sequel. So there is only 1 choice left:

1701272985782.png

They went from wax off to jacket off.

Can't wait to see how they train/masturbate in this new movie

Back