Coast Guard removes employee from Florence duty over alleged "white power" gesture

What if he gave the thumbs up? Which is essentially the same thing

Yes. Don't interrupt the CO during a national broadcast. Don't give him bunny ears. Don't do a thumbs up. Don't shout out to your mom.

This isn't a tough concept. At all.

4 Chan's /Pol board started this ok sign troll so that the current left would pick it up and run with it and further alienate themselves from your normal everyday people (they are trying to do the same thing with the peace sign), while also just wanting to troll the left. I don't think they intended for this sort of thing happening to people like this coast guard member though.

Yes. Don't interrupt the CO during a national broadcast. Don't give him bunny ears. Don't do a thumbs up. Don't shout out to your mom.

This isn't a tough concept. At all.
Ok but being in the background and giving the ok sign is nothing to be mad about. It's a positive message. Bunny ears are something else entirely

Technically he flashed “power “ “white” if you think you saw a racial hand gesture.

Now eddie murphy for example that white supremist gets it right!

eddie-murphy-buckwheat-otay.jpg

Ps. yer a fuckin idiot. Lol.
That's the Otay sign you idiot. :D

Don’t mellow it down by saying he should be reprimanded. You were reveling in this guy getting fired. For what? It’s pathetic.

You are no better than the other goons in the WR that get joy off the other side getting hurt. The only difference is all this guy did was likely play a kids game on camera

Lol. Sit back and take that in. You took joy in a guy’s life possibly being changed in a negative way because he mad a kids game sign.

What Fucking human being thinks in that way
This was completely inappropriate. How do you know this adult was playing a kid's game? Whatever the reason he should have been removed from that post.

What you are saying is any employee on camera who does anything to the camera should be fired.

Employee gives peace sign. Fired
Employee gives Vulcan sign. Fired
Employee gives thumbs up. Fired
Employee nods what’s up. Fired
Employee waves. Fired
Employee mouths words Hi. Fired

LOFL
Don't be so obtuse.

Jesus. MANY kids play the game above the waist

Why would she do a backwards OK sign next to a guy?

Why do you believe this guy is not doing an OK sign then?

You jumped the shark on this one and really showed your true colors.

I would never want something negative to come to you and your family over something so trivial. Sucks there are those like you out there taking joy from others misery
Wow, you're really going all in here to defend a guy that seems to be a white supremacist, making excuses without having any idea what the guy was thinking or offering any credible alternative for his actions.

Man. You just can’t stop

Strawmans? Lol

You asking people to dig in another mans head is not a question

I can’t believe you are the type of person that would get joy from others pain. I understand disliking the other side. I understand the human need to want to be right in an argument/debate. But I’ll never understand why someone would feel joy over a persons pain/misery
This joker, or racist, is the one without any regard to people's pain or suffering.

So. If he waved at the camera you’d still want him fired. Then get a warm feeling in your heart after he is fired
Maybe not fired but reassigned. Whether he's a racist or not it was completely inappropriate behavior.

What if he gave the thumbs up? Which is essentially the same thing

I'm not buying the white power story, I think he was clowning around during a live newscast regarding keeping people safe during a disaster. It is unprofessional. He didn't lose his job, we was simply reprimanded and reassigned.

Thank you captain obvious.

Heres wikipedias take on it.

Whats that last bit say?

Read it a few times, let it sink in.

Wikipedia. Ok.

All the stuff before the last 2 lines seems reasonable (they call for equality) and the last two lines apply to a fringe (essentially nonexistent) part of the black power movement. What are the core social justice tenants of the white power movement that exist independent of the whites are superior movement ideology?

Wikipedia. Ok.

All the stuff before the last 2 lines seems reasonable (they call for equality) and the last two lines apply to a fringe (essentially nonexistent) part of the black power movement. What are the core social justice tenants of the white power movement that exist independent of the whites are superior movement ideology?

I think you are trying to suggest that not every race can't be racist. Black Power started off as good thing, then devolved into a bad thing. A white separatist could be viewed in the same light. Wanting to keep the purity of the races, which seems relatively benign...devolves into white superiority.

In the case of this story. We are talking about the fucking "OK" hand gesture a harmless, even positive thing devolve into this symbol of white superiority because of reddit trolling.

There was no reddit trolling to turn a black fist in the air from representing battle against oppression. Blacks all on their own changed the meaning to represent black race superiority. And that's where society has left that hand gesture. Now the 70's were a long time ago, but that's what it meant. It hasn't suddenly changed. The nazi salute hasn't suddenly changed. These things are what they are.

Even at it's simplest term "black power" or "white power" denotes some sort of special gift or power just for being a certain skin hue. Both are ridiculous.

I find this incredibly offensive, and those who don't are ignorant to the history of the salute.

44EE013700000578-4938932-image-m-23_1506884885500.jpg

But we give it a pass now because blacks get to control language and hand signs apparently.

Last edited:
I think you are trying to suggest that not every race can't be racist. Black Power started off as good thing, then devolved into a bad thing. A white separatist could be viewed in the same light. Wanting to keep the purity of the races, which seems relatively benign...devolves into white superiority.

In the case of this story. We are talking about the fucking "OK" hand gesture a harmless, even positive thing devolve into this symbol of white superiority because of reddit trolling.

There was no reddit trolling to turn a black fist in the air from representing battle against oppression. Blacks all on their own changed the meaning to represent black race superiority. And that's where society has left that hand gesture. Now the 70's were a long time ago, but that's what it meant. It hasn't suddenly changed. The nazi salute hasn't suddenly changed. These things are what they are.

Even at it's simplest term "black power" or "white power" denotes some sort of special gift or power just for being a certain skin hue. Both are ridiculous.

I find this incredibly offensive, and those who don't are ignorant to the history of the salute.

44EE013700000578-4938932-image-m-23_1506884885500.jpg

But we give it a pass now because blacks get to control language and hand signs apparently.

1- I find it funny that you think I am implying that not all races can be racist. Having lived in Asia, Africa, and Europe I know for a fact that is not true.

2- White power has always predominantly meant the same thing. Whites wanted to keep the white race pure because the black race was inferior.

3- Black power has a fringe group (as opposed to the majority of white power adherents) who believe in racial superiority.

4- LOL at blacks getting to control language. There is literally one word that was an historical slur used to degrade and demean blacks whose use is frowned upon by others.

5 - LOL at blacks controlling hand gestures.

6- If you want find the black power gesture offensive, you can. You are ascribing meaning to it that isn't there just like those claiming that the OK gesture is offensive.

1- I find it funny that you think I am implying that not all races can be racist. Having lived in Asia, Africa, and Europe I know for a fact that is not true.

2- White power has always predominantly meant the same thing. Whites wanted to keep the white race pure because the black race was inferior.

3- Black power has a fringe group (as opposed to the majority of white power adherents) who believe in racial superiority.

4- LOL at blacks getting to control language. There is literally one word that was an historical slur used to degrade and demean blacks whose use is frowned upon by others.

5 - LOL at blacks controlling hand gestures.

6- If you want find the black power gesture offensive, you can. You are ascribing meaning to it that isn't there just like those claiming that the OK gesture is offensive.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: is a slang word apparently or not apparently derived to mean the same as :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

If they can use it freely, it should be a freely allowed word.

Nope!

It's not. "We can say it, YOU can't say it"

This;

10.jpg

Means "ok". It's always meant "ok". And a reddit troll thread doesn't change the meaning of it being used as to mean "ok"

Can whites use this now?

NOPE!

This;

shutterstock_271799489-copy-960x960.jpg

Started off as a hand gesture to symbolize strength through oppression. It ended off being used by black panthers to symbolize black power, meaning only blacks can rule over black societies and black segregation because of black superiority.

That's how it was left off. I didn't write history, I just observed it. Can blacks freely use this hand gesture?

YUP!

So what have we learned here?

Blacks can make up words and freely use these words and ONLY blacks.

Blacks can use racist hand gestures.

Whites can't use certain words.

Whites dare not use racist hand gestures. Even when that hand gestures connotation and meaning were changed apparently by a reddit thread. Blacks seem to rule the roost. And I'm done tip toeing around it. If white's can't use the word :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, then blacks shouldn't use the word :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. Don't put it in songs, don't use it on the street...think of that word as if you were muttering the word it was based on. Abolish it for all and be done with it.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: is a slang word apparently or not apparently derived to mean the same as :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

If they can use it freely, it should be a freely allowed word.

Nope!

It's not. "We can say it, YOU can't say it"

This;

10.jpg

Means "ok". It's always meant "ok". And a reddit troll thread doesn't change the meaning of it being used as to mean "ok"

Can whites use this now?

NOPE!

This;

shutterstock_271799489-copy-960x960.jpg

Started off as a hand gesture to symbolize strength through oppression. It ended off being used by black panthers to symbolize black power, meaning only blacks can rule over black societies and black segregation because of black superiority.

That's how it was left off. I didn't write history, I just observed it. Can blacks freely use this hand gesture?

YUP!

So what have we learned here?

Blacks can make up words and freely use these words and ONLY blacks.

Blacks can use racist hand gestures.

Whites can't use certain words.

Whites dare not use racist hand gestures. Even when that hand gestures connotation and meaning were changed apparently by a reddit thread. Blacks seem to rule the roost. And I'm done tip toeing around it. If white's can't use the word :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, then blacks shouldn't use the word :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. Don't put it in songs, don't use it on the street...think of that word as if you were muttering the word it was based on. Abolish it for all and be done with it.

Whites can use the word.

This was completely inappropriate. How do you know this adult was playing a kid's game? Whatever the reason he should have been removed from that post.

You are the one that thinks you KNOW what he’s doing

Back