Coach says "Ronda Rousey knocks out 'Cyborg' Justino"

This doesn't make what he said wrong. He's saying that while Cyborg might get the better of RRR standing, Rousey can eat a punch or two and not wilt. Which means she can get ahold of Cyborg, hip throw her, and dominate her on the mat. He wasn't saying Cyborg breaks easily, just that RRR probably won't wilt if she gets hit a few times.

Which is the most likely scenario.

It is an absolute possibility that she will win the fight on the ground . I am saying it won't be because Cyborg just can't win fast and decides she is overmatched and just gives up , Rhonda will have to take it. Cyborg isn't just going to give it to her because Rhonda got the takedown .

Fore sure, but the UFC did want him to be champ.

jones
The UFC wanted to milk every last cent out of Chael. But there is no way he could have kept the belt even if he beat Anderson. It would have been like Barnett remaining the champ after he beat Couture.

Baars is your standard Dutch kickboxer who is useless in the clinch. So Cyborg was able to rag doll her to the ground like everybody else she's fought. Problem is that is the absolute worst thing you can do against Ronda. Yet Cyborg will probably do it anyway, as it's the only way she knows how to fight.

I think Baars is not your standard Dutch kickboxer , but instead , she's your standard Dutch Muay Thai fighter

Baars is your standard Dutch kickboxer who is useless in the clinch. So Cyborg was able to rag doll her to the ground like everybody else she's fought. Problem is that is the absolute worst thing you can do against Ronda. Yet Cyborg will probably do it anyway, as it's the only way she knows how to fight.

That is not my point , I am not discounting Rhonda's skill I am saying Cyborg took an ass kicking and was completely overmatched but she kept on even though she was being dominated.

Also LOL at Baars being just " your standard Dutch Kickboxer".

Yeah Dana masterminded Cyborg's physique so that it couldn't cut weight to 135, and he masterminded her original suspension during the entire time the UFC was forming a women's division. It couldn't just be that Ronda was the star he was building the women's division on and she was a 135 pound fighter, no. He's protecting her and its all his fault Cyborg can't make the weight. If he were a real man, he'd demand Ronda to fight her at a catchweight despite not having any contractual authority to do so.

Did Ronda not fight at 145 and dropped down to avoid Cyborg? Pretty sure she did. Ronda saying "Any fighter any weight ant time" is kinda dumb to say... Just saying.

If you rewatch the fight Baars actually does throw Cyborg to the ground a few times herself... Rondy would devour her
That fight would have worry me if I was a Cyborg fan. Sure she showed heart and a great chin. But Cyborg also showed that she's always going to want to clinch up and throw somebody to the ground. I don't think she could fight differently if she tried. This mentality is going to cost her if her and Ronda ever fight. I imagine there's going to be a lot of frustrated fans afterwards... insisting Cyborg would have won if she just stayed on the outside and picked her shots.

Did Ronda not fight at 145 and dropped down to avoid Cyborg? Pretty sure she did. Ronda saying "Any fighter any weight ant time" is kinda dumb to say... Just saying.

I'm pretty sure you're speculating why she dropped to 135. I know Ronda skeptics want to hang their hat on the whole 4 fights Ronda took at 145 but the past 6 she's fought at 135 have only shown her getting better and better. Its not her fault Cyborg got suspended, and the idea of Dana "protecting" her because Cyborg can't make the weight that every other girl in the division is fighting at is just childish nonsense.

Oh look, its the retard posting the same disproved bullshit on another Ronda thread

Sadly this will continue for years because Cyborg will keep tweeting about how she's going to "retire" Rousey while making no attempt whatsoever at making good on that promise, while Ronda continues to dominate every girl they put in front of her.

I hope they sign Cyborg, Ronda gives up like Carano did, Cyborg gets popped, and they fold the division. And nothing of value was lost.

That is not my point , I am not discounting Rhonda's skill I am saying Cyborg took an !@#$%^&* kicking and was completely overmatched but she kept on even though she was being dominated.
Her toughness isn't in question. My point was that Cyborg only knows how to fight one way. That was displayed throughout that Baars fight (as well as all her other MMA fights). She is always coming forward, clinching up, and throwing opponents to the ground. This kind of fighting style plays right into Ronda's game. It's basically handing giving her exactly what she wants.

I think Baars is not your standard Dutch kickboxer , but instead , she's your standard Dutch Muay Thai fighter
She's both. The point is that Baars was useless in the clinch. She pretty much paused and waited for the ref to separate them each time it happened.

Also LOL at Baars being just " your standard Dutch Kickboxer".
Did you see Baars in the clinch? She would just stop fighting and wait for the ref to separate them. It's no wonder she was terrible at MMA. Her opponents just had to grab her and she was lost.

It is an absolute possibility that she will win the fight on the ground . I am saying it won't be because Cyborg just can't win fast and decides she is overmatched and just gives up , Rhonda will have to take it. Cyborg isn't just going to give it to her because Rhonda got the takedown .

Again, I think you are missing the other guys point. It wasn't that Cyborg probably WOULD fold, it's that Rhonda probably WOULDN'T.

Did you see Baars in the clinch? She would just stop fighting and wait for the ref to separate them. It's no wonder she was terrible at MMA. Her opponents just had to grab her and she was lost.
What exactly does that have to do with the price of tea in china , it was a Kickboxing fight not MMA. She is argued to be the best women in Kickboxing.

That is like saying "Oh boy that George Brett was a awful Cricket player" .

And the rest of us are pretty sure you are making shit up, or just are ignorant. If you haven't read the thousand other posts refuting similar claims, you are welcome:

First of all, SF was thinking of scrapping the 145 division and actually asked Ronda to move down (and they asked Cyborg as well). Cyborg pissing hot expediated the scrapping. Second, Cyborg was already scheduled for a title fight, and at the time didn't even acknowledge Ronda as a contender (not that strange, as Ronda had only had 4 pro fights at the time). Third, Ronda stated on many occasion she wanted both belts.
Fourth, according to Cyborgs own camp, they were penciled in to fight each other if her suspension was cut short.
All of this is easily googled.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you're speculating why she dropped to 135. I know Ronda skeptics want to hang their hat on the whole 4 fights Ronda took at 145 but the past 6 she's fought at 135 have only shown her getting better and better. Its not her fault Cyborg got suspended, and the idea of Dana "protecting" her because Cyborg can't make the weight that every other girl in the division is fighting at is just childish nonsense.

Ok.... So I was right?

And the rest of us are pretty sure you are making shit up, or just are ignorant. If you haven't read the thousand other posts refuting similar claims, you are welcome:

First of all, SF was thinking of scrapping the 145 division and actually asked Ronda to move down (and they asked Cyborg as well). Cyborg pissing hot expediated it. Second, Cyborg was already scheduled for a title fight, and at the time didn't even acknowledge Ronda as a contender (not that strange, as Ronda had only had 4 pro fights at the time). Third, Ronda stated on many occasion she wanted both belts.
Fourth, according to Cyborgs own camp, they were penciled in to fight each other if her suspension was cut short.
All of this is easily googled.

Nope, she stated she would fight anytime any weight any fighter.... Execept Cyborg at 145 so she dropped weight knowing she was going to fight Cyborg. Drops to the safety of 135 then starts barking behind he fence. Cool story bro.

Back